Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blooper?

Go down 
+22
Shell
alexczarn
littlehousefan200
easyt72000
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Gin
jes9
Krissy
Honeybee
Ruth
RoseRed
charles ingalls
LHFanForever
Vanesa
rana
Rhonda
Prairie Dweller
Lori
Savannah
ChristinaAL
Carol
bethandmanly
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : House - Blooper? - Page 3 Headac10

House - Blooper? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:36 pm

ok.thanks

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:30 pm

One blooper I noticed is in Circus Man. Toward the end, when the circus man comes back and is standing in the doorway, Laura's pigtails keep switching -- one is hanging in front of her and the other is hanging on her back when the camera is facing Laura, but when the camera is facing the circus man Laura's pigtails are reversed, and then later both pigtails are hanging in front.

House - Blooper? - Page 3 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : House - Blooper? - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:57 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
There are other bloopers listed in this thread https://lhotp.editboard.com/t415-blooper

Here are others that were noticed by members of another board I belong to:

In the "Creeper of Walnut Grove" Laura and Andy try to get Bandit to track down a scent of a sandwich in order to find the Creeper. Well Laura is trying to get Bandit to smell the sandwitch and she puts it in his mouth, Bandit runs away with the sandwich and Laura complains that he took her sandwich.

In "Be my Friend" Laura is with Charles and she has the baby that she found named Grace. They are in the mercentile and Harriet keeps wondering about the baby. Charles says it is Laura's and Harriet belives him. Wouldn't you think that Harriet could see that Laura was never pregnent, I mean they see each other ever week. Another thing Harriet also sees Willie looking at the baby and Harriet freaks out, now wouldn't it be physically impossible for a boy Willie's age to father a child?

The only blooper I have ever noticed on my own is the tree banging against Laura's attic bedroom window while she was dreaming in "The Music Box". I knew there wasn't a tree right there.

I just remembered another one, in the episode "The Fighter" I think, well the one where Jhon Garvey fights Joe Kagan, you notice that after Jhon tells the crowd that he is injured Harriet Olsen starts to cry and burry her face in her hands. Another person in the mean time fights for Jhon Garvey while Harriet is still crying then you see a far away shot and you see Harriet is up cheering. Then the scene goes close up to Harriet and she is still crying.

In Season 1's "The Love of Johnny Johnson," when Laura told Mary to shut up (I love that scene, by the way, lol), Laura was sitting on one side of the table, but when Ma came in and told her to apologize, Laura was sitting on the complete opposite side. You can tell because in one shot, the window was right behind her, and in the next shot, it wasn't.

In the beginning (Christmas at Plum Creek) , everyone kept calling bunny a boy. then later when nellie came to pick her up , they switched to calling her a she.

The Pilot - I did notice at least 3 different jet streams in the sky and car tracks in the prairie grass.

i caught a blooper on "little lou" ep. when john is in the kitchen to confront mrs oleson - if you look closely she throws the salt shaker in the pot on the stove. when the camera cuts back to her the shaker is back on the stove.

Hey! You've catched a good one! Since I was so impressed by this episode - I'm talking about "The Music Box" - I didn't realize there WASN'T any tree close to the girls' window... scratchead grinsmiley

Vanesa.

House - Blooper? - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : House - Blooper? - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:34 pm

bethandmanly wrote:

In "Be my Friend" Laura is with Charles and she has the baby that she found named Grace. They are in the mercantile and Harriet keeps wondering about the baby. Charles says it is Laura's and Harriet believes him. Wouldn't you think that Harriet could see that Laura was never pregnant, I mean they see each other ever week. Another thing Harriet also sees Willie looking at the baby and Harriet freaks out, now wouldn't it be physically impossible for a boy Willie's age to father a child?

But then mrs Oleson can be so easily duped sometimes, especially if it'd make a juicy bit of gossip. Whistle

House - Blooper? - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : House - Blooper? - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I have never noticed that tower in Dearest Albert. Good catch.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I don't know if this is considered a blooper, but in part 2 of Times Are Changing, you can see Charles Frederick's grave during Royal's funeral and you can see other graves which weren't seen when Caroline went to Charles Frederick's grave in A Most precious Gift.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 am

Spanky wrote:
I don't know if this is considered a blooper, but in part 2 of Times Are Changing, you can see Charles Frederick's grave during Royal's funeral and you can see other graves which weren't seen when Caroline went to Charles Frederick's grave in A Most precious Gift.

I guess they moved that grave for some reason. greenS In A Most Precious Gift, Caroline is on a lush green hill that looks like it might not be far from town because you can see buildings in the background. You can see a view of the mountains. It's not in some shady area under trees like in Times Are Changing.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:04 am

I always miss things unless I watch it a lot, I miss the bows coming and going in hair like many catch, sitting different places, etc.
I think I saw one the other day when Laura is sent home from school because she punched Nellie (about Albert) Charles was with Grace, in his buggy, fixing a wheel and when they showed him again, Grace had on a hat...I'm pretty sure she didn't before. They showed it so quickly, the only reason I think I noticed it.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:30 pm

I was watching the 2nd part of Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow on Youtube, and I saw where they have a shot of Laura pulling Rose out of her cradle in the parlor. Only problem: she is supposed to be in a basket on the kitchen counter. This happens around 4:22 on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iH-h1kZ4J4

Laura has just arrived home from visiting with Ma. She brings Rose into the kitchen and places her in a basket. Then she feeds the cat. Suddenly, a strange noise leads her to open the back door, where she sees the tornado funnel. She goes to grab Rose, but you can see the spindles of Rose's cradle to the left. The cradle rocks as Laura picks her up and you can see the rug from the parlor on the floor. Then you see the shot of the kitchen and Laura going out the door to get Rose to the root cellar. I'm guessing they just reused a shot of her picking up Rose.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:57 am

Yes, it seems like the edit the film sometimes and take the best shots they could. I can imagine with babies and children, it's even harder since they can't be on long.

Sometimes in a scene the baby is crying and you see the baby smiling or fine or it's a doll when crying, real when smiling. ; )

I saw a hat on Grace disappear and come back when doing a scene with Charles outside in the wagon. I can understand with kids how that could have happened filming many takes.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Hey! I've never noticed those bloopers (maybe only editing mistakes, like Cheryl said)....Thanks for pointing them out. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

House - Blooper? - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:32 am

littlehouselover wrote:
Yes, it seems like the edit the film sometimes and take the best shots they could. I can imagine with babies and children, it's even harder since they can't be on long.

I was thinking of child labor laws too.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : House - Blooper? - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Well and who knows how those babies acted during those scenes. I know on Dr. Quinn using triplets for Katie, Jane said they had a baby for every mood. One to cry, one to be happy and one that was really passive.
It would be so interesting to hear from a production crew how exactly they put these scenes together.

House - Blooper? - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
ms308680
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Pike/Hanson house   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 12:59 pm

Ok. There are a few continuity issues here. The Pike house from the episode "Haunted House" is the same house that was Hanson's house that was donated for the blind school. Next in the episode of "Welcome to Olesonville", they mention the Hanson house again, unless Hanson had multiple houses, the Handon house burnt down because the blind school burnt down.

At least they did not try to use the same house as the Hanson house again that had already "burnt down"

I understand that over 9 years it is hard to keep a lot of this straight in your head, but it can be quite confusing for continuity.

If you watch this as part of a regular weekly airing schedule, it might not be as obvious, since things are not "as fresh" in your mind, but when you watch the entire series in a month or 2 the errors are quite noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Bushes or Trees   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 8:12 am

Michael was a little cheap sometimes when it came to exterior versus interior shots. Bushes or trees would suddenly appear outside windows with interiors on a soundstage and they disappeared in exterior shots in Simi Valley. The school and the little house were good examples.

House - Blooper? - Page 3 Trees_10

House - Blooper? - Page 3 Trees_11

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 12:22 pm

In A Child With No Name, Laura did say in the late Summer of 1889 on the birth of their son.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 6:51 am

In the Return of Mr Edwards, the opening scene has a palm tree sticking out over the town buildings as a guy rows up the river. Had to look twice but then I saw it in the "extra" part of the Amazon Prime video.
Back to top Go down
rjwesq
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 6:53 pm

What about the Legend of Black Jake? How did Charles and Almonzo get into the bank, when Mr. Anderson said no one else had a key? Did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blooper?   House - Blooper? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blooper?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3