Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson

Go down 
+12
pat1964
ChristinaAL
LIWnut
Vanesa
Savannah
Rob
Lori
HarrisonCrosby4387
Teresa
Amy
bethandmanly
I Love Dean
16 posters
AuthorMessage
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Purple2

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Empty
PostSubject: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:18 am

Hello Gang,

Sorry I've been away for so long, but at least I came back baring a gift. grinsmiley Two weeks ago I attended the Laura Ingalls Wilder celebration at Heritage Hill State Park in Green Bay Wisconsin. The featured guests at this years event was historical writer William Anderson and both Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson from the Little House tv show. Knowing perfectly well that this was the first time MSA was together after all these years with any cast member from Little House made this a historical event in my eyes.

Dean and Melissa were together for two days doing presentations, answering questions and signing autographs. I happen to be present both days and witnessed someting quite amazing. Day one presented itself with an awkwardness from both cast members. Dean, being the perfect gentleman and having been to Heritage Hill last year, was sweet and kind of took Melissa under his wing.

I filmed an eight and a half minute video clip from their Q & A session on day one. You can see the nervousness in both Dean and Melissa. But let me tell you by day two when Dean introduced Melissa there was hugging and cheek kissing. I hope this is a sign that Melissa might do more LH appearances.

Enjoy this clip, Mike Purdy owns a Melissa Sue Anderson blog and he uploaded my video to his website with my permission. Let me know your thoughts.. The footage starts off with them both answering a question about Michael Landon.

Lorrie

http://melissasueandersonfan.com/Melissa%20and%20Dean%20at%20Wilder%20Days1.html

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Dd4
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:45 pm

I loved this clip when I first saw it. I'm glad you posted it here.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks for posting it here Lorrie! That is such a great clip!!! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Thanks for sharing your video, Lorrie. I really enjoyed watching it.

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately it only worked for a few seconds for me. It's good to see her at a LHOP activity! greenS

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks for sharing!

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:14 pm

That was entertaining! Dean and Melissa both look really good.

Thanks, Lorrie!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Rob wrote:
Dean and Melissa both look really good.

Yes they do!

Thanks for sharing that, Lorrie! It was quite enjoyable.
anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson 70708
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Thanks for sharing! Melissa Sue Anderson looks great and friendly...I always guessed why didn't she attend to other "Little House " celebrations. I like Mary's character very much and I've missed her so much when there were "Little House meetings". Dean Butler also looks really friendly. You were lucky to see them both! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:52 pm

I had the amazing privilege of sitting beside you as you taped this live. It was soo good to see them together again after so many years. Dean indeed was a gentleman, as always and was so sweet to her. It was definitely a day to remember.

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson MarilynKeeper anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Thanks for sharing! Melissa Sue Anderson looks great and friendly...I always guessed why didn't she attend to other "Little House " celebrations. I like Mary's character very much and I've missed her so much when there were "Little House meetings". Dean Butler also looks really friendly. You were lucky to see them both! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Me too! It was great to see her at a LH function! Both her and Dean looked great, and that video was awesome. Thumbsup Thank you so much for sharing! It must have been so cool to be there and see them live!

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson ChristinaKeeper2 anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:11 pm

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson 100_2710
Dean and Melissa answer questions for the crowd at Heritage Hill. It was so cool to be there to see them together again for the first time.

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson MarilynKeeper anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:13 pm

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson 100_2711

This was a wonderful moment for me. Melissa is a very sweet spirit. It was amazing to meet her.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:06 am

Her eyes are still those of Mary Ingalls! Melissa looks really interested in her fans. She is not a "star", but a very sweet down-to-earth woman. God bless her. Smile

Vanesa.

anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:49 am

LIWnut wrote:
Dean indeed was a gentleman, as always and was so sweet to her. It was definitely a day to remember.

I was telling Lorrie that it seems that Dean is just an encyclopedia of Little House information, not only with the real Laura Ingalls Wilder background, but the behind the scenes information of the show. I love that he has truly embraced the show's history and the Ingalls/Wilder history so thoroughly----a lot of actors would want to distance themselves as far as they can get from the show that 'typecast' them....he just accepts it for what it is and seems pleased to shared his knowledge and experiences. Thumbsup

LIWnut wrote:
anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson 100_2711

This was a wonderful moment for me. Melissa is a very sweet spirit. It was amazing to meet her.

I can see why Marilyn! That must have felt surreal, standing there with her!! yes I still can't get over how great her skin looks---didn't she have a skincare line at one point? I could have sworn she did, but I couldn't find a thing online. scratchead
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:27 am

Amy wrote:
I love that he has truly embraced the show's history and the Ingalls/Wilder history so thoroughly----a lot of actors would want to distance themselves as far as they can get from the show that 'typecast' them.

It's always disappointing when actors seem so eager to put a role behind them - especially when it's a role that made them a star. I think it's more common among younger actors, because they'd rather look ahead than backward. I remember Ron Howard saying that, when he was a teenager, the worst thing anybody could do was call him "Opie." anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson 440956 But later on he gained a deeper appreciation for the role, and embraced it.
Back to top Go down
pat1964
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:23 am

I enjoyed the video and the pictures. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Are they going to have this again next year? I didn't even know about them ever having such a thing. I know there is a Laura Ingalls day in Brookfield and every now and then there is a little something at Old World Wisconsin. I never knew this went on up there. It was an entire weekend, right?

I was out-of-town while this was happening. In fact, I found out a few days before I left. So there was no way I was going there. But if this will be an annual thing, and I know I won't be leaving the state on any big vacation next year (financially, it isn't going to happen), this would be a perfect thing for me to do that weekend.

Thanks for the video! It was great to see them together.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 6:56 pm

This is the second year that I know of that Dean has attended and the first for Melissa. I am sure that the event happens each year but not sure if any LHOP cast will attend next year. Last year it was only a one day event and the place was packed. My friend, who is related to Laura, was there signing siggys and the crowd was HUGE. This year they decided to have it a 3 day event, Thurs, Fri and Sat.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Well, there's hope then! The reason they extended the event was maybe because there were so many people there last year on one day. Were there a lot of people this year? I do hope so. I would like it to be another weekend event. And that would help me out a lot more just in case I could only make it for one day. Smile

It was in July last year, too? I will have to keep an eye out for the info next year then.

It would be OK if none of the cast members would attend (it would be even better if they did, though Thumbsup ). I think I would still go. I am very curious to see what they have going on there now.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks for posting that clip. I really enjoyed it. I would love for them to have a reunion show where the cast and crew just remembers anecdotes and such about the show (not where they are in character, as I don't think most of those kinds of reunion shows are successful).
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks for posting this. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
wilderfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
wilderfan

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:59 am

That was great!! Thanks so much for showing it!

"But I knew that someday I would become Laura Ingalls Wilder." ~ Laura Ingalls - Back to School Part II
anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson 41590_339995506848_4616451_q anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Laura_prairie anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson 41787_8720602332_60578_q
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson   anderson - Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson Empty

Back to top Go down

Dean Butler and Melissa Sue Anderson
Page 1 of 1