Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whatever happened to the class of "56"?

Go down 
+2
Shell
Krissy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? Headac10

Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? Empty
PostSubject: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:10 am

Charles and caroline go to a farmer's convention.They meet up with old friends.Who are not happy with theire life style.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Having lots of money doesn't bring happiness.Them ppl sure didn't seem happy.They were missing love. It sucks how money changes ppl.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 5:49 pm

It's one of my favorite episodes. The only ones who were happy were Arnie and his wife Hattie. Dillon was annoying. I felt sorry for his wife. I don't like it that he slapped her. He ignored her. I love how Caroline stood up to him and said you know Charles is right, you are a pain in the butt.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:44 pm

I like to watch this episode, because Charles and Caroline felt bad at first, thinking they are poor and had not suceded in bussiness life, but later, they realizes they had much more than all their rich former classmates: love and a caring family, even if they only had a little log cabin to live in. Love

Vanesa.

Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:19 am

I watched it last night. I have the complete series.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:17 pm

I liked this episode, I"m sure this happens in many forms at other reunions.

I thought it was a little uncharacteristic of Caroline to laugh at Mrs. Olson like the way she did about her reunion. Was she supposed to be that much older than Caroline...their children were about the same age. She laughed like it was impossible to believe Harriet hadn't had hers yet...it could have been the following year for all she knew.

I liked the elevator scene ( I hate them too) and seeing them together as a couple, the humor and rapport. And I think it was nice that Caroline didn't have to get coffee the entire show! Smile
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm

I like how Charles and Caroline realized that even though they weren't rich like their friends, they had more than their friends. They had each other and their children. Charles reassured Caroline he loves her and that nothing will ever come between them. He even told her a person could be happier living in one room with someone they love than in a palace with someone they don't. I like how Charles proposed.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyMon May 02, 2016 7:02 pm

This was okay episode. I thought the elevator was cool. I'll ride in one of those. That it's pull by a rope.

Arnie & Hattie, were nice couple. Didn't like the other couples. I didn't like the guy, Dylan. He's pain in the butt.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 9:03 pm

I watched this one tonight (recorded from COZI-TV). It's really good! Loved Charles' line when that Amy was coming on to him and going on about his strong hands and holding his hands - "that's from shoveling manure!" This episode is so good for Charles and Caroline - it's really kind of nice to see them just as two adults in love without having a family trauma happening. I was also thinking that if nothing else, they surely must enjoy having their own room for a change and having some privacy!

However, sometimes I do tire of the "rich = evil" trope that seems so often to be in TV shows. Are there ever any nice, rich people in LITTLE HOUSE (except maybe Mr. Oleson)? On the other hand, I do love the idea that being successful is not about how much money or land you have but about other more important things.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 9:14 pm

Shell wrote:
It's one of my favorite episodes. The only ones who were happy were Arnie and his wife Hattie. Dillon was annoying. I felt sorry for his wife. I don't like it that he slapped her. He ignored her. I love how Caroline stood up to him and said you know Charles is right, you are a pain in the butt.

I felt sad about Dillon's wife. I sort of wish that there had been some indication that something may change in their marriage. I think she started drinking because he probably didn't treat her well.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 9:16 pm

Shell wrote:
I like how Charles and Caroline realized that even though they weren't rich like their friends, they had more than their friends. They had each other and their children. Charles reassured Caroline he loves her and that nothing will ever come between them. He even told her a person could be happier living in one room with someone they love than in a palace with someone they don't. I like how Charles proposed.
I love that line about being happier in one room with someone you love. I think it's true.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 9:20 pm

One other thing, though....I'm kind of confused about why the Class of '56 is having this reunion in Milwaukee.....didn't Charles and Caroline go to high school in the Big Woods? And would their class really be this big and all (except the Ingallses) be rich and able to come to this swanky hotel for a class reunion???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to the class of "56"?   Class - Whatever happened to the class of "56"? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to the class of "56"?
Page 1 of 1