Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!

Go down 
+3
bethandmanly
Rhonda
julmer70
7 posters
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Happy010

Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Empty
PostSubject: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:01 am

It's that time of year again, the time that I always catch a cold. What's really frustrating is I always suffer from Bronchitis...so even though my other cold symptoms are better, the coughing won't stop! I had that awful-tasting Robitussin-like medicine my doctor prescribed...no help! I tried hot tea w/lemon & honey...then I tried it just with honey. I did the vaporub thing (which I hate, but usually helps). Nothing! It's especially bad at night time. Nasal drip doesn't help...and I'm limited in the medication I take because of my high BP. Coricidin didn't work either, btw.

Anyone know of any natural home remedies? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you so much! sickcold
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:23 am

Not sure about meds to take or home remedies, but you might try what we moms did when the kids would cough through the night and raise the head of your bed and use a humidifier while you sleep. Get a wedge of foam or a thick pillow and put it between the mattresses and lift the head up....Feel better! Smiley Hug

Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Rhonda10Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 10:25 am

Thanks Rhonda! I'll try that!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:47 am

Sounds like bronchial asthma: http://www.webmd.com/asthma/guide/bronchial-asthma Of course, I'm not a doctor, so what do I know. Smile

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, it mentions some natural asthma remedies: http://healthvigil.blogspot.com/2012/01/bronchial-asthma-symptoms-causes.html

Maybe some of them would help your overall breathing and reduce the coughing.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:48 am

Honey and Lemon does the trick for me most of the time, But i have heard of people Take half an onion rub it with vicks vaporub and put beside there bed during the night as close to your head as possible apparently this does wonders, My sister uses it for her kids if they get sick

Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Jacobk10Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 10:17 am

Thank you so much, everyone! I'm certainly trying every advice given here. I'm feeling better today! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:23 pm

Put vicks vapor rub on the bottom of your feet and sleep with socks on. Its slimey but does help the coughing at night. My youngest son has bronchial Asthma and we've done it for years. If we do it every night for awhile it gets better.

Oh, just be careful when putting your feet on the floor....its a slimey walk to the bathroom.

Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 pm

On my feet? Wow, never heard of that one, but I'll try it! Thanks Gin! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:51 am

YEP...feet. Just think of it as a bed air freshener.

Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:26 pm

I, too am limited on what cough and cold medicines I can use due to high blood pressure. I use Deslym cough syrup for coughs. I haven't had a cold so far this year. I haven't heard about rubbing vapor rub on feet to help control coughing at night.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:24 am

Instead of mixing honey & lemon with the tea, try taking a spoonful of honey & a spoonful of lemon. That's what I do.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!   Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad Cough- Tried everything...HELP!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Doc Baker’s Health, Diet & Fitness Consultation-
Jump to: