Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa's New Home

Go down 
+13
Lori
LHOTPfan2000
Rhonda
Jillybean
JW
Davetucson
Gin
Savannah
Rob
Teresa
LIWnut
bethandmanly
Amy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:04 am

That was a good interview. I liked when she mentioned Meijer. Can you imagine going to Meijer and seeing her shopping? I so glad you get to meet her, Amy.

Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:55 am

Thank you everyone!  I'm excited too!!  Just 2 1/2 months away!!! Applause 

SO funny in that interview, Melissa talking about 'dorking out' around other Hollywood actors.  Well, at least she'll understand when I dork out in front of her!Yikes  Laughing  I am going to be totally awestruck, I just know it.  I already told my sister she's going to be so sorry she got me a ticket---I'm going to totally embarrass her! ShyGirl HeeHee 

Teresa, I doubt I'll let her know about the stalking....although after she meets me she'll probably guess it. greenS 

And Lori, I know, I loved when she mentioned Meijer!!  So funny!  My friend shops at the Meijer Melissa probably uses, so it's just a matter of time before she runs into her!!  Gosh, I would have to make sure I'm looking my best 'just in case' every single time I went grocery shopping!! LOL!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 2:15 pm

If your sister is the CEO of the company holding the event, maybe you could hang out with them "backstage" so to speak. I'm sure that she will be there ahead of time to chill out and meet everyone. Put on an "Anna" apron and serve tea, lol. My friend Beth Ingalls met Melissa backstage when she went to one of MG's musical performances. Of course, having the last name Ingalls is like royalty in the prairie world. But I'm sure that having your CEO sister will be almost the same thing.

Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Good point! My sister just asked if I wanted to meet her...she didn't mention any of the logistics of it. I don't think that she even knows how it's all going to pan out, as far as Melissa's arrival time, but I'm going to ask about that closer to the date! Thumbsup 

I know you've been blessed to meet so many of the cast Marilyn...I do hope you'll get to meet Melissa one day too! Hey, Michigan isn't all that far! batEyes 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Here's some pics from Melissa's book-signing Saturday in Howell.  Ugh, I wish I could have been there!  But the line was way out the door and people were waiting in the cold.  Still, I would have done it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152315653434766&set=pcb.10152315655999766&type=1&theater

If this link doesn't work, just type in "Carriage House Designs"...it's the store she signed at. You should be able to see the pictures even if you don't 'like' the page.

And here's the latest news article!  Can you tell Melissa is a big fish in a small pond right now?? LOL!  I'm sure the fascination will wear off shortly (well, for the average person anyway batEyes ), but you can definitely tell we're not used to celebrities living amongst us! Laughing  She seems to be embracing it though---she could turn down interviews if she wanted to.  But what a great way to promote her book!

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20140308/THINGSTODO/303080051

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Funniest interview yet with Timothy & Melissa...this is a drop dead funny couple!! laugh3  I can definitely see this attraction now...Melissa has quite a sense of humor and Timothy is just hilariuos, and they just 'click' so very well.  I think he is perfect for her and she seems genuinely happy. Smile 

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/live-in-the-d-interview-hollywood-stars-call-howell-home/24901414

Equally funny quiz that the couple participates in:

(Oh, 4:15-4:42... ROTFL )

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/melissa-gilbert-timothy-busfield-quizzed-on-hit-tv-shows/24901254

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 8:36 am

Funny! Though I was a little offended that Timothy didn't know the name of the man Laura Ingalls married, or the name of Laura's teacher.  No 

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Great interviews. They look like a very happy couple. Let's hope it lasts a lifetime.

Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 2:14 pm

LOL Rob...he's clearly NOT a Little House fan!! Yikes  And she has not done her job of educating him! HeeHee

Marilyn, I hope so too! Thumbsup 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 10:31 am

More exciting things happening for Melissa....her biscuits and gravy are going to be on the menu of their favorite local restaurant! This article also talks of her and Timothy's plans to revive the local historic theater in Howell:

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/local/community/howell/2014/10/07/melissa-gilbert-howell-biscuits-opera-house/16876365/

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Oh!  I missed this post.  Neat article!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 7:34 pm

I'd missed this, too! What a cool article!
Back to top Go down
bestshowever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:56 am

Dear Melissa,
STAY OUT of Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw, you have no business going there. Trust me, it's for your own good.*
Down and wool for winter, and if you're rural enough, a snowmobile.
Visit Mackinac Island and the Upper Peninsula when you can.

*Entire family is from Detroit. I was raised in the Saginaw 'hoods. Haven't been back in 30 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's New Home   Melissa - Melissa's New Home - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa's New Home
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3