Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dallas

Go down 
+7
Teresa
Krissy
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rob
Gin
bethandmanly
Davetucson
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Dallas  - Page 2 Happy010

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dallas 2012-2013   Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 am

Does anyone by any chance watch the new 'Dallas' on TNT? I didn't think I would like it, but I really do! I'm almost as hooked on this one as I was on the original show! Anyone watch JR's funeral last week?
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Dallas  - Page 2 Love-s10

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I do and did! Whoever is writing for this show is GOOD. It has the edge (sex) Dallas was known for, but I like that it has a twist of excitement with all the business stuff.
Anne is my favorite, so if they kill her off I'm gonna be very upset. I LOVE that they have so many of the Dallas legends from the original.
I am sad that Larry Hagman is not on anymore, but what a way to kick off the show. He will always be in the shadows .

I hope they can keep this moving as it is, and not loose the sparkle as time goes on. Judith Light is such a thorn, but maybe her tumble will take care of that. I have to admit I think Emma has a little too much of Grandmas blood in her. She's not as sweet as she looks.

John Ross needs to pace himself...(cough). He is a busy little Ewing. He averages 3 tarts an episode. batEyes

Cant wait for next week.....

Dallas  - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:42 pm

I watched the old one and like the new Dallas, but not quite as much. Seeing people older (and wiser) is nice but sometimes I think the writers are trying to hard. I loved the last episodes with JR...when he visited Sue Ellen and told her leaving him was the best thing she ever did, he was proud of her, I cried. I will miss him.

Maybe it was my mood watching, but I thought the hostage scenes didn't seem real, the acting forced, no one seemed very scared. I know they had to scramble to fill in gaps, but overall I think they did a very good job. I think the sorrow was real and probably hard for some knowing the death was real.

I think its' good that "Who shot JR" will be the rest of the season because it keeps a little bit of JR with us, but next season will be harder.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Dallas  - Page 2 Bokmal10

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: John Ross   Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Gin wrote:
I do and did! Whoever is writing for this show is GOOD. It has the edge (sex) Dallas was known for, but I like that it has a twist of excitement with all the business stuff.
Anne is my favorite, so if they kill her off I'm gonna be very upset. I LOVE that they have so many of the Dallas legends from the original.
I am sad that Larry Hagman is not on anymore, but what a way to kick off the show. He will always be in the shadows .

I hope they can keep this moving as it is, and not loose the sparkle as time goes on. Judith Light is such a thorn, but maybe her tumble will take care of that. I have to admit I think Emma has a little too much of Grandmas blood in her. She's not as sweet as she looks.

John Ross needs to pace himself...(cough). He is a busy little Ewing. He averages 3 tarts an episode. batEyes

Cant wait for next week.....

John Ross is THE MAN!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 pm

John Ross...like father, like son! cowboyR HeeHee

I wonder what the mystery is concerning Pam, and why JR went to look for her? I read Victoria Principal said she will NEVER go back to Dallas...and there's talk of a re-cast in the future! I would rather they not do that. Although it would be nice to finally give the character some closure, and we can finally find out what really happened to her!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 am

Was she angry at the cast/crew? Oh, I forgot about the car accident...guess it would seem odd.

I like when JR says "you're me tip to toe" to John Ross, even when he is more disrespectful than JR could ever be with his Dad, but times change things. Jock didn't take guff from his sons.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:10 pm

So what happend with Pam long ago? I dont think I watched the last season...guess I was out on dates by then. lol

It will be odd seeing someone besides Victoria in that roll. I SO wish they could have kept her in good standing with the family. Guess we shall see.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:15 pm

This might help, I missed a bit myself toward the end of the show. I can see why she wouldn't come back...it would seem weird and she's right, they chose the ending not anticipating another Dallas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Ewing

One excerpt about the accident:
By 1985, Bobby and Pam realize that they want to be together. Bobby proposes, Pam accepts and they spend the night together. The next day, Bobby is tragically cut down by a car driven by her half-sister, Katherine Wentworth, and dies hours later, leaving Pam heartbroken.[43] Pam goes on to make television history by dreaming Bobby's death. Pam awakes and finds Bobby in the shower, alive and well.[44] Pam receives good news at the end of the 1986–1987 season finale: she is finally able to conceive a baby, after confirming that there would be no health risks involved. However, she never gets that chance.[45] While calling her husband to tell him the good news, she is in a massive auto accident where she hits an oil tanker and is severely burned in a subsequent fire. While recovering from her burns, she decides to get away from the Ewings and everyone else, including her son, disappear and divorce Bobby for a second time.[45]

Pam made a brief appearance in the 12th season premiere, with a different appearance as a result of plastic surgery (which also doubled as an explanation for Margaret Michaels playing the role, rather than Victoria Principal). She tells her brother Cliff that she is happy in her new life and plans to marry her doctor. Later, after Cliff leaves, her doctor asks why she didn't tell Cliff that she has a terminal disease and only has a year to live. Though this was the character's final appearance in the series, Pam has never been declared dead on the show.[46]
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:39 pm

I didn't watch the later seasons of Dallas, because that whole thing about Pam dreaming Bobby's death was so ridiculous to me! I was a teen back then and thought that was outrageous! Basically, she dreamed the whole previous season. That's when I realized I have had enough and 'Dynasty' became my new favorite night time soap! : Laughing

That is...until the spaceship incident... No
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:00 am

Some shows don't know when to end or run out of material. Some like MASH end with dignity and withstood cast changes, etc. but it was a different type of show...I mean how many affairs and changing of husband's or wives can you watch over and over if the plot isn't also intriguing?

I look forward to some plot twists this year...did you see Judith Light stumble? Think she's dead or will be in a LONG coma. ; )

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 am

Whether she's dead or not, I don't think this is the last we'll hear from her! Most likely she'll be dead, and her son gets blamed for it. I see him getting arrested for murder (or attempted murder) next week...
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 am

Or since she was leaving, hides the body and acts like he doesn't know what happened on the way to the airport.....she probably didn't tell anyone her intentions...don't think she has friends. scratchead

On a side note, she doesn't look like his mother, he's not that young, but again, this is TV.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:37 am

I know, right? When I first saw her, I just assumed she was his wife...until I heard him call her "Mother!"
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am

Women on TV get a hard rap, they become "mother's" at 30 or 35 and the 60 year old has to have the 20 year old bride.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:25 am

Anyone have any guess's to the killer or plot? After the promises of twists and turns, I would hate to think that evil Ryland is responsible..seems so obvious.
I think they are making the "bad" people too bad and the good, very good, but I'll give it time.
Ryland's character has no redeeming value, or his mother and they are making the daughter Emma very one dimensional. Except for her riding horses and dating/sleeping with men, you don't know much about her or does anyone seem concerned.

I hope for Larry Hagman's memory, they give him a good ending. : )
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:24 pm

I love Dallas! Gin and I text about it all the time. Ha! One time we were texting AS we were watching it! Emma is quite the gal. Can't quite figure her out. Ryland and his "mom" are ruthless. I hope they bring him down soon. I just can't believe that Cliff would allow that explosion to happen, knowing that his daughter and unborn twins were on the rig. However, I don't trust Pamela. I really miss Larry Hagman. I love the close friendship between him, Linda and Patrick.

Dallas  - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 am

I guess tonight is the night....I have no real guess's, I have thought that Pam would come back and maybe with Victoria and her denial was a ruse...but I know it wont be too obvious, not if they want people to watch next season.
It will be fun to see Cliff's face when he has what he thinks he has in his hands and he doesn't. Bobby's face walking away was priceless.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:27 pm

Bobby's face WAS priceless!
SO, if I remember right Kristen ( Sue Ellen's sister) shot J.R. the first time. RIGHT? What happend to her? Maybe she finished the job?? OR maybe it was Gary...he made a quick appreance then blew away.....??

Pam coming back is such a good twist. I hope it is Victoria but not getting my hopes up. They mentioned again this past episode that she was burned yrs before, so I assume she will look different and be another actress. I hope she will be on the Ewing side of things, and help keep Cliff pinned down. BUT if that be the case she will have alot to make up for. I was just thinking that there is no love triangle on here now as it began with...so maybe Pam will toss a wrench in the Bobby and Anne connection. They DID make up last week ya know. Although I love Anne so I want her to keep Bobby...or give him to me...whatever is best. lol

I like Elena but if that chic dont hurry and eat a couple of cupcakes she is going to blow away in this vicious Texas wind!
I will probably watch tomorrow..... Don't have a clue what I will do after this is not on Monday nights. I'm already missing Revenge.

Stay TUNED!

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Bobby holds the cards, he knows what JR wrote...I don't think it will be an obvious person who shot him although all the bad guys are clearly marked, another might appear.

Emma gets on my nerves, although I know her character went through a lot. I would like to see the old characters get the spotlight and the ending having John Ross and Bobby and Sue Ellen saluting JR to a deal well won.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 pm

I think my hopes were too high, some of it was good, some I didn't like. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 pm

I really liked it a lot. I knew that John Ross was going to end up with Emma at the end of the episode. I'm wondering if Pam really IS dead? Now that Cliff put a new spin on things for Elena, I wonder where she'll take it? Ryland deserves what he got. About time!!! I'm wondering if Judith Light will be back next season? Seriously though, she looked more like his wife than his mother. They needed an older actress to play his mother.

Overall I thought it was a great season with great writing. It was a little short, though. I thought there would have been a few more episodes.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:39 pm

I loved the twist of Bum shooting J.R. that was smart. Pam , I was really thinking she was alive, but as Teresa said...who knows. Emma, that dear sweet tart. SHE IS HER FATHERS DAUGHTER. I fear Anne has her hands full. Then there is Pamela at Southfork now too....Remember Bobby said, Pam was in the end always a Barns. I can't help remembering how quickly Pamela shot and rolled up Tommy? was it? I think she will want the cake and icing too in the end.
J. Ross...well....he better pace himself. *wink

I got teary with Bobby crying at J.R's grave. Poor guy, they did love each other under all the biting.

Elena, better learn to keep things open with Christopher. He has been lied to alot.

What will we do on Monday nights now? I know what ....I'm gonna go draw Bobby! lol

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Yes, I thought John Ross doesn't show much emotion, even with his Dad but I guess the "strong silent type" is his type. Patirck Duffy said no one knew about the cancer angle but him.

I think Elena will cause a lot of trouble next season, Cliff is not out of the picture by far.

So you knew he'd be with Emma...I was surprised he went to her so quickly....what's in that suitcase?

I thought maybe Pam would have been back..but maybe they felt it was better to put it to rest. The burning of her in the accident made it hard to bring someone back. The lying of the doc and his wife was such a huge criminal offense, I thought that was dropped a bit quickly.
Cliff offered, but they took it!

Can't wait to here the highlights for next season.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 am

When they had that scene near the end with John Ross and Sue Ellen and Sue Ellen was talking about treating Pam the right way, I had my suspicions. Then, all of a sudden they show John Ross with flowers at a hotel room door. That's when I knew that Emma would be in there waiting for him. No way was it Pam, especially at a hotel. They wanted you to think that it was Pam, but we all know better than that. Ha! The suitcase was filled with files. Not sure what they were for.

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:45 pm

I knew Cliff didn't kill J.R. That would have been WAY too obvious! I never imagined it was Bum! That was a real surprise!

I can't wait for next season! I actually saw it tonight, as I was on a cruise last week. It was well worth the wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dallas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dallas    Dallas  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dallas
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next