Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Davetucson Update

Go down 
+11
Savannah
Gin
Shell
Kristina
littlehouselover
bethandmanly
Amy
Carol
Rob
Krissy
Davetucson
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Davetucson Update Bokmal10

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:22 am

Just wanted to check in with you all. First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful thoughts and prayers that I have received since Sandy passed away. They meant a great deal to me and I thank all of you.

I am planning on relocating to Alabama in January. My home sold two days after it went on the market. My Brother and all my relatives live down south and I am looking forward to being close to family. Sandy and I spent many years in the Southwest, and I just don't think I could stay here with all the memories. I just thank God that this house sale went quickly and will allow me to make the move as soon as possible.

I still have my bad days because I miss her, but slowly it is getting a little bit better. I try and focus on the positive as much as I can. I am so thankful that she went to be with the Lord in her sleep, and that there was no suffering involved. I am a firm believer that the Good Lord only gives you what you can handle which has helped me get through all of this. Not to mention the prayers that came out of this forum for which I will be eternally grateful.

I'm flying back to Alabama next Wednesday to look for a place to live. I will spend Christmas with my relatives and return to Arizona on the 27th of December. If all goes well, I will make the move on January 29th.

I truly hope that ALL of you have a wonderful Christmas! You are all very special to me and I will be thinking about you throughout the holidays......
Outside of wishing my favorite kid in the world a Happy Birthday this month, you won't hear from me until next month.............

God Bless You All,
David

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Davetucson Update Headac10

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:09 am

glad to here you are doing okay. Hope everything goes well with the move. Merry Christmas & happy new year to you.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Davetucson Update Goodsi10

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks for keeping us posted, Dave. I'm glad you're going to be with family over the holidays. You have a great Christmas, too, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Davetucson Update Happy010

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:30 pm

Glad to hear you are doing as well as can be expected David Thumbsup

Davetucson Update Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Davetucson Update Love-s10

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 12:28 am

I'm so glad you checked in here Dave!  And so relieved for you that your house sold so quickly....one less stress.  I'm glad you'll be with your family for Christmas, and I hope everything goes well with your plans to move.  Please keep checking in with us as you can!  You continue to be in my prayers.  Take care of yourself! {{Hugs}}

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 9:33 pm

Thanks for the update, Dave. I'm so glad the house sold quickly. Praying all goes well with your move. Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2015.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:54 am

Sending prayers for continued help with your grief and a smooth move (which is possible!) Wishing you a peaceful New Year with new blessings.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 8:14 am

thanks for keeping us updated on how you're doing Dave. Wishing you a safe move, and a Merry Christmas
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Davetucson Update Purple2

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 10:35 am

Ctree2 Sorry for your loss. I hope all goes well with your move. Have a safe and blessed Christmas, Dave.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Dave, you are doing everything right. I know Sandy would have to be so proud of you for taking care of yourself. This is a great time for you to be with family and make more memories with them. Take care and we will always be here waiting for you. Love, Gin

Davetucson Update Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Davetucson Update Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Thank you for keeping us posted, Dave. It's good to hear from you! I'm so glad for you that you'll be spending Christmas with family! Prayers continue for you. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 5:02 pm

That is great that your house sold so quickly and that you will be able to move closer to family soon.

Davetucson Update Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Update# 2   Davetucson Update EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Truly hope that ALL of you had a blessed Christmas and a New Year! I had a wonderful time in Alabama. It was truly a blessing to me to be able to spend some time with my Brother and all of my Nephews. Especially during Christmas.

Things are moving along well for me. I purchased a home in Helena, Alabama about a mile from my Brother's house. Helena is a wonderful small town about twenty miles outside of Birmingham. It is rich in Civil War history and has a population of about 17,000. They have kept the older part of town just the way it was in the late 1800's. It wreaks with quaint! There is a cemetery not one mile from the house that dates back to the Civil War. You all know what a history buff I am, so I am very excited about living there.

I will be closing on this house on January 29th. Will drive to Helena and close on the new house on February 5th. There are a few things I want to do it in it before moving in, painting, carpet etc. Move in date will be around February 20th.

The house and the town are pictured below. Want to once again thank all of you for your wonderful thoughts and prayers. I get a lot of razzing from my Brother about Little House and my involvement in this forum. But that's OK, he has a hard time understanding what a great group of friends I have! But if you never experienced that gift, I can see how it would be hard to understand................

Please know that I have thought about you guys every step of the way through this experience. And there will never be another doubt in my mind about the power of prayer!

I send my love to each and every one of you!

David

Davetucson Update Helena10

Davetucson Update Downto10

This is my Great Nephew Andrew - I'm going to have a good time spoiling him!
Davetucson Update Img_0011

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:33 pm

So glad things are going so well, and you had your family nearby for the holidays. Your new house looks really nice and cozy, and your great nephew looks like he has the time of his life in all he does. I know you will enjoy spoiling him. Praying things continue to go in the right direction for you, and hoping to see more of you on the forum as you settle into things. Smile

Davetucson Update Rhonda10Davetucson Update Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Davetucson Update Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:45 pm

loveheart Oh, it's so wonderful to hear such a positive update from you, Dave! I'm glad that you're near loved ones. Your house is absolutely charming! And being a history nut, myself, I'm thrilled for you that you're in such a historically-rich area!

loveheart Your great-nephew is such a cutie! I'm glad that you'll live close enough to be able to enjoy time with him!

Thank you for stopping in. You've been in my prayers, and on my mind, especially throughout the holidays.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:05 pm

What a cutie, many blessings for a peaceful new year and new experiences that will enrich your life.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:17 pm

I'm so glad things are working out for you, Dave. That's wonderful. I'm sure you'll be busy with the move, but I hope you get a chance to pop in and let us know how things are going. Wishing you all the best in 2015.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Been thinking about you Dave! I know EXACTLY where Helena is too! My step-dad is from Birmingham and we would drive through there when we would visit he and my Mom years ago. It IS an old looking town, and I think you will love it.
So glad you are making a home there soon and you can enjoy family. Great to hear from you!

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Davetucson Update Goodsi10

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks for the update, Dave! So happy to hear that you had a good Christmas, and that things are going well for you. If your grand-nephew isn't a Little House fan, I hope you can turn him into one. Wink

If you come across historically interesting things, be sure to share them with us!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:22 am

Montevallo, Alabama is where my Mom and stepdad lived. Not Birmingham....he worked for Altec in Birmingham. They are in Arkansas now.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 9:24 pm

What a beautiful, house, Dave!! I love it! It looks like a neat town, too. I'm glad that you'll be living close to your brother. Your nephew is such a cutie!!

Davetucson Update TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:00 am

thank you for the update, Dave! I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. It's neat to hear that you'll be living in a town with a lot of history, there will be a lot for you to explore and learn. Your new house looks lovely, too!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:42 pm

So glad to read a positive update from you David!
I love the house. So glad that you are near family and a nephew you can spoil grinsmiley

Davetucson Update Horses10
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:34 am

Happy things are going well for you, Dave. Nice looking house. I like the brick. Happy you get to spoil your great nephew. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Love the house, Dave. The town sounds like it will be a good fit for you. I'm so glad you will be close to your family. Your great nephew is adorable (even though he was rooting for the wrong team. Go Bucks!)

Davetucson Update Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Davetucson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Davetucson Update   Davetucson Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Davetucson Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next