Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum

Go down 
+8
Lori
AdIngalls
LIWnut
MissOleson
Krissy
bethandmanly
LauraIngallsfan
Rhonda
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 8:22 am

I really like the jewelry. A bit pricey though.

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:35 am

A bit? More like VERY pricey! But since it is made from broken china that Laura owned, I'm guessing they're one of a kind.....but STILL!!! WHOA!! Yikes

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Rhonda10ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Interesting, I don't think that I had ever seen that photo before!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

"Laura Ingalls Wilder's sesquicentennial continues to be celebrated frequently during 2017, but this year is also a landmark here on Rocky Ridge Farm. It was 60 years ago this month that plans were made to open the Wilder home for the first time. An open house was scheduled for May 1957. Kudos to Lewis D. Lichty for his leadership in this endeavor, to Rose Wilder Lane for her cooperation, and to the Mansfield people who supported this beginning. This photo of the house was very likely the first one taken for publicity use in April 1957, as the property was making a gentle transition from the Wilder family home to a museum in their honor."

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Rat112

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Rhonda10ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 7:25 pm

"Springtime at Rocky Ridge Farm is one of the best times to pay a visit to the Wilder Home. Dogwoods, apple blossoms, violets and leafing trees abound; many species were growing here when Almanzo, Laura and Rose lived on this land. Laura commented to Rose in a letter written on May 4, 1938, that "Trees are in full leaf now and the very light in the yard is green. It is so restful on the eyes." "

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 L410
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 L510
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 L110
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 L210
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 L310

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Can you believe they came all the way from Iowa?!?!  For the 45th year in a row???  What an amazing school program they have!!!    
Applause

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum on May 16:

"Today we welcomed Coon Rapids-Bayard all the way from the great state of IOWA!! This is their 45th year to make the pilgrimage to Mansfield, Missouri to see where the Little House books were written. Enjoy some snapshots of the kids!"

One of the parents had this to say: "Thank you for the warm welcome you give our children every year! This year our youngest child is visiting and this was by far where she was most excited to go! I can see in the photo that she is definitely enjoying herself and it makes me thankful for everyone that helps to give our children this experience. Her father made this trip in 1974 and hearing our kids share and compare their experience with him is wonderful!"

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1a11
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1a10
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1a12
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1a13

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyTue May 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

"Needing a bit of Laura Ingalls Wilder history? Here is a short video produced by Notgrass History. You will want to come and visit after you view this short summary of Mrs. Wilder's life!"

View the video below and make sure to scroll through the rest of the page for other information! Thumbsup

LIW~History

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 1:39 pm

"A lesson for today: Dean Butler did a speaking appearance last week at Frankenmuth, Michigan's museum, where Laura's 150th is being celebrated. He brought up the pronunciation of Almanzo's name, citing the fact that the TV show "Little House on the Prairie" created the misnomer "Al MON zo." Laura's beloved husband was also called Manly, 'Manzo, and A.J.--but he was definitely Al MAN zo."
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1a15

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 am

'What better way to celebrate Laura Ingalls Wilder's 150th birthday than to visit her home on Rocky Ridge Farm, explore Mansfield, and attend the entertaining pageant--all in one visit? Here are the dates for this year's performances."

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1c11

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 1:06 pm

"Thank you, Carol Wong, for sending us a picture of the Little House books as published in Hong Kong. And for good measure, here is FARMER BOY in Dutch. According to Harper Collins, the Little House books are distributed in 71 countries--both in English versions and in foreign languages and dialects."
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1c12ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1d10

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 7:05 pm

"Happy Fourth of July! For a good read this year, check out the "Independence Day" chapter in FARMER BOY, to see how Almanzo and his family celebrated in Malone, New York back in 1866. And what was Almanzo doing 82 years later? He and Laura hosted some visitors at Rocky Ridge Farm. We do not know by name who came calling, but it appears a good time was had by all. Perhaps Laura served some lemonade and cookies? It is fun to wonder. The hospitality at Rocky Ridge Farm continues. The Homes & Museum will be open as usual on July 4."

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw510
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw610

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 3:16 pm

"Please take time to watch this short video about the Laura Ingalls Wilder Home and Museum. Wilson Films from Springfield, Missouri helped us put this together, Thanks Ryan!"

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 4:19 pm

"There were new occupants of the Farmhouse for a few weeks...
"Life was not intended to be simply a round of work, no matter how interesting and important that work may be. A moment’s pause to watch the glory of a sunrise or a sunset is soul-satisfying, while a bird's song will set the steps to music all day long." Laura Ingalls Wilder, The Farm Journalist."

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw710
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw810
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw910

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 2:56 pm

"In this 150th birth year for Mrs. Wilder, we are proud to bring you this one of a kind collector's edition magnet, only available through the link below or visit our gift shop here in Mansfield. Click the link below to order yours TODAY!"
Order Here

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1010

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 8:27 am

How cool for those who live close enough to attend this.... Thumbsup

Don't miss the 150 Year Legacy Celebration with the Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society Friday, July 14th through Sunday, July 16th at Laura Ingalls Wilder Park in DeSmet SD. Many great events will be going on throughout the day, including a presentation with Alison Arngrim “Nellie” & Dean Butler “Almanzo," and tours all day long.

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1110

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 9:10 pm

"We would like to WELCOME the Laura Ingalls Wilder Legacy and Research Association to Springfield and the Ozarks! We are privileged to have them come to Rocky Ridge Farm this Friday. Thank you for making us a part of your Conference this week!"

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1210

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 10:31 pm

'At the semi-annual conference of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Legacy and Research Association, this month in Springfield, MO, Mrs. Jean Coday (center in photo at left) was honored for her work in preserving the Wilder Home and Museum. She and her late husband Joe began serving the Home Association in the early 1960s. Ms. Coday has been volunteer director since 1993. A special surprise was the gift of a sculpture of a young Laura, created by well-known Missouri author/illustrator Cheryl Harness. This piece was donated in honor of Ms. Coday's work. It is being prepared for exhibit in the new museum. Cheryl has previously donated other original art works to the museum.
Congratulations and thanks, Jean Coday.'

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1c12

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1c11

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum shared Frankenmuth Historical Museum's post.

You Michiganians have until September 15...
Thumbsup

"One more observance of Laura Ingalls Wilder's 150th birthday: a summer long exhibition at Frankenmuth, Michigan's historical museum. This iconic Garth Williams image is a focal point. Also currently running is a major exhibit of Garth Williams original art at the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature in Abilene, TX. A number of Little House art pieces are featured. Again and again, "Happy Birthday, Laura!" "

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1c13

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2017 3:15 pm

'Name one author---other than Laura Ingalls Wilder--who is so vibrant, alive and active in the publishing industry as the writer of the Little House Books! Her work and interest on the part of her readers are amazing. Happy 150th Laura!'

Small Presses Celebrate Laura Ingalls Wilder’s 150th Birthday

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Too bad the tickets are $100.00 if you plan to go to both events on that day... No

'The festivities in Mansfield, Missouri marking Laura Ingalls Wilder's 150th birthday are just a month away! The annual Wilder Days celebration will occur, with many plans afoot for a grand weekend at Rocky Ridge Farm. Kickoff there is at 6:30 Friday evening, September 15, with an event in the farmhouse: a meet/greet reception with Dean Butler (and photo opp), tours of the rooms and other surprises. From there a dinner will be held at Mansfield High School, with some exciting entertainment, a live auction, and remarks by Mr. Butler and author Pam Smith Hill. Saturday at the farm will feature the annual fiddler's contest, tours as usual (with special showing of the upstairs bedroom), Dean Butler appearances and autographing, and authors autographing. On top of this, the Ozark Mountain Players will perform the finale of this season's "Little House Memories" pageant. It is an event not to be missed for Little House readers. All proceeds will be used to help fund the re-roofing of the old farmhouse, an essential project. The Laura Ingalls Wilder Home is a self-supporting, not for profit project founded 60 years ago.'

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Img_0211

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 3:54 pm

8/24~Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum:

"Work has begun on the Historic Farmhouse roof! All proceeds generated from our upcoming Celebration of Mrs. Wilder's 150th Birthday will benefit the cost of this important project. If you'd like to be a part of this endeavor, tickets are still available, but only until September 11, 2017 [or until full]."

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1311
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1410
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1510
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1610
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1710
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1810

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 3:55 pm

9/1~Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum"

Compare new roof to the previous pictures above.....
OhMy  Thumbsup

'The Farmhouse Roof looks so nice!

All proceeds from our 150th Birthday Celebration Dinner and Auction benefit the cost of taking care of this important asset we are privileged to have. Come and help us celebrate and know that you are contributing to the legacy of Laura Ingalls Wilder! We are accepting Reservations through Monday, September 11th.'

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Liw1310

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 5:33 pm

I personally liked the color of the older shingles better. Nice that the house got the new roof that it needs though!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 5:44 pm

Give it time and let the weather handle that.....these new shingles will be that color soon enough....I'm sure the other ones started out this color....It was time for a new roof. All the rain, hail, and snow in this area, it was in bad condition and we don't want any of Laura's precious belongings to get ruined because of a leak in the roof. Yikes

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 1:34 pm

LIW Home and Museum is celebrating 60 years of the Wilder Association, while Laura's 150th year of birth is being celebrated all over the places she lived.   I'm hoping to make it to Wilder Day this year.....scratchead

"Wilder Day is less than two weeks away, have you made your plans to visit?"

ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 1b13

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum   ingalls - Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeping up w/LIW Historic Home and Museum
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next