Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beth Howland Dies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Beth Howland Dies Bokmal10

Beth Howland Dies Empty
PostSubject: Beth Howland Dies   Beth Howland Dies EmptyThu May 26, 2016 5:55 am

Beth Howland, who played the accident-prone waitress Vera Gorman on the '70s and '80s sitcom Alice, has died at the age of 74.

Howland died on Dec. 31, 2015, in Santa Monica, California, after a battle with lung cancer, husband Charles Kimbrough told the New York Times, noting that his wife did not want a memorial or funeral service.

"It was the Boston side of her personality coming out," Kimbrough said. "She didn't want to make a fuss."

He echoed the statement to the Associated Press, telling the news outlet that having no announcement or funeral was Howland's choice.

Although Howland was best-known for her portrayal as the high-anxiety, sometimes ditzy waitress, she also had small roles on The Love Boat, Little House on the Prairie, Murder, She Wrote, The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch along with a Broadway role alongside Dick Van Dyke in Bye Bye Birdie.

She earned four Golden Globe nominations during Alice's nine-year run from 1976–85.

Howland told the AP in 1979 that she and Vera shared some character traits: "I'm a little naïve sometimes but not as much as Vera. I guess I'm really a cynic."

Howland leaves behind her husband along with a daughter from her previous marriage to actor Michael J. Pollard.

Little House fans may remember her as the lady who checked Mary into the contest in "The Pride of Walnut Grove".  

Beth Howland Dies Berth_10

Beth Howland Dies Beth-h10

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Beth Howland Dies Bokmal10

Beth Howland Dies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beth Howland Dies   Beth Howland Dies EmptyFri May 27, 2016 7:16 pm

I had forgotten she was in LHOP until I saw the write up online.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

Beth Howland Dies
Page 1 of 1