Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What a fright!

Go down 
+8
flatbroke
emilyanneoftheprairie
Carol
Rhonda
Rob
ChristinaAL
Lily
Savannah
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
What a fright! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : What a fright! Happy010

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 10:19 pm

Earlier today, I was driving down a very winding, hilly back road. It's known as "deer alley" because of the heavy deer traffic, and can be dangerous if a person drives it over the speed limit posted. Well......I had just checked my rearview mirror, and there was nobody behind me. A couple of seconds later, I saw a Fedex truck BLASTING up behind me, but not quite passing.......and he nearly ran me off the road! Then, instead of passing me when the road straightened out, he had his front bumper almost connecting with my back bumper. He backed off for a second, then rared up fast and close again. But he wouldn't pass me, no matter what! I don't know what his problem was. . . but he was a scary driver! I tried to get his truck number, but he was so close to my vehicle, I actually couldn't see it! Then, he finally turned into a business to make a delivery. I made a note of when and where he delivered, and contacted Fedex. I haven't heard back yet. But that man was scary.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
What a fright! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : What a fright! Vianne10

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2007 10:37 pm

Gosh Savannah, are you sure you weren't driving in NYC??? We have lots of those crazy ones here. No

Did you take a pic of the driver from your cell phone? That usually is a good proof you need, just in case if the Co. tries to cover it up. But I'm glad you didn't get hurt from this.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 2:19 am

That is disgusting! I hate when people drive with no regard for others. Somebody could really get hurt. I really hope FedEx gets back to you.

What a fright! ChristinaKeeper2 What a fright! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : What a fright! Goodsi10

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 6:41 am

Man, what an idiot. It's always disturbing when people who are supposed to be professional drivers do stupid things like that. Glad you're okay.
Back to top Go down

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 7:31 am

How scarey that must have been. ..and of all roads..

Hopefully Fedx will do something with him.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : What a fright! Purple2

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 7:49 am

Are you sure he wasn't bringing a package to you Savannah and was just trying to get your attention???? :haha:

Just kidding, I am glad you are alright. I know what you mean about people riding right on your bumper. My boys like to 'brake check' them, but I have warned them that they would get a ticket also......Me? I just like to hit decelerate on my cruise control and s-l-o-w....w-a-y....d-o-w-n..........:muahaha: Although I have always wondered what it would look like with a vehicle hanging out of my tailpipe.............ROTFL

What a fright! Rhonda10What a fright! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by on Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : What a fright! Purple2

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 10:01 am

On the way to work I got to thinking about this situation and it is a good thing you do not work for UPS Savannah. Had this guy run into you, you would've been FedUp! :Hahaha:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one, I even laughed out loud when the thought came to me!!! :haha:

What a fright! Rhonda10What a fright! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 11:07 am

One little trick you can do to scare tailgaters is to turn on your headlights. Your rear lights will go on and they'll think it's your brake lights, and they'll slam on their own brakes to keep from rear-ending you, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 12:15 pm

Lily, my cell phone doesn't have a camera on it. What good thinking, though! I was driving my Mom's van, and the Fedex truck was so close to my bumper that I actually couldn't see the driver - just the "nose" of his truck.

Thank you, Rob! I'll have to remember that!

Rhonda........you are too punny for words! Laughing

I got a reply from Fedex this morning, and they want a detailed report of what happened. So......I'll send an e-mail in a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 1:48 pm

Wow... that would get me upset! mad
I'm glad you are okay Savannah.

A similar thing happened to me this morning. I was driving at the speed limit on the the highway, cars were at a good distance in back of me... all of a sudden I see a red car that speeding like a bullet and passing all the cars and was now headed towards me but he was going soo fast that he started braking. I thought he was going to hit me, I moved over to my right and let him pass. Man, he sure made my stomach hurt! It's a good thing I was able to move to the right...

What a fright! Horses10
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 4:38 pm

wow i'm glad u weren't hurt!
~*emilyanne*~
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 7:33 pm

I'm glad you could move to the right, too, Carol! How scary!

After I had calmed down last night, I couldn't help but remember a scene from "Barney's Side Car" when a lady comes running into the Sheriff's office. She frantically tells him about a crazy driver who nearly ran her off the road. (And about her sister Tilly . . . Tilly "The Beaver". You know how she got that gum condition?? :Hahaha: Sorry....getting off track here.......) Well, when she heads out of the office, Barney is coming in - and the look on his face is SO hilarious when she starts frantically telling him her tale.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
What a fright! LilyRank2
Lily

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 8:15 pm

Savannah, I just got a great idea. Next time..........not that I wish it would happens to you again..........but if it does, maybe you can sing at the top of your lung "Go Tell it on the Mountain." :Hahaha:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 8:19 pm

LOL!! What a pretty scene that would make! Then all of the suspicions in my little town would be confirmed: "Yep........she's definitely a nut".
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
What a fright! LilyRank2
Lily

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 10:21 pm

Savannah wrote:
LOL!! What a pretty scene that would make! Then all of the suspicions in my little town would be confirmed: "Yep........she's definitely a nut".

ROTFL Savannah!!!

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Are you sure he wasn't bringing a package to you Savannah and was just trying to get your attention???? :haha:

Just kidding, I am glad you are alright. I know what you mean about people riding right on your bumper. My boys like to 'brake check' them, but I have warned them that they would get a ticket also......Me? I just like to hit decelerate on my cruise control and s-l-o-w....w-a-y....d-o-w-n..........:muahaha: Although I have always wondered what it would look like with a vehicle hanging out of my tailpipe.............ROTFL

I have a bad habit of brake checking too. If they are too close but not exactly right on my bumper, I hit the brakes. If they are on my bumper, I take my foot off the gas. They really upset me in that time. Why can't people drive with a little bit of regard for others?!

What a fright! ChristinaKeeper2 What a fright! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 12:12 pm

HA!! I spotted him again today. . . . still not driving very safely . . . this time, running a stop sign. (I sound like a stalker, don't I!) So, I got up close behind him, and got his license plate number and truck number.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 12:18 pm

That sure is one crazy guy... :unsure:

What a fright! Horses10
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : What a fright! Party010

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 12:28 pm

Savannah wrote:
HA!! I spotted him again today. . . . still not driving very safely . . . this time, running a stop sign. (I sound like a stalker, don't I!) So, I got up close behind him, and got his license plate number and truck number.

I hope it's the same one. I got a bad report on me once when I was a truck driver. A woman called in to say I'd hit her car. Later, I was able to prove I was nowhere near where she got hit, but she told dispatch "I KNOW it was him. Same orange truck and everything."
I drove for Schneider National. ALL of their trucks are orange! lol
Turns out, she'd not gotten the number off the first truck, and saw mine later in the week, and assumed I was the same guy.

They shouldn't have a problem finding out which driver it was. I was fairly certain FedEx had satellite tracking, so if you knew exactly where you were and at what time, they should be able to pull up that info in their Tracking Database.

I'm with you. I can't stand bad pro drivers. It gives the good ones a black eye.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 12:40 pm

If it wasn't the same guy, then they have two bad drivers here, because he ran a stop sign - and didn't bother to look if there was any traffic coming. He was coming out of the same factory, at the same time of day where I'd seen the truck stop to make a delivery the day before, and blasted out of the parking lot, onto a service road - then didn't bother to even slow down for the stop sign, and pulled out onto the main road....... So, either it's the same guy, or they have two bad drivers in my small town's route. I'm pretty sure that they'll be able to know for sure who the original idiot is, though, because I gave them the factory name and location where he made his delivery, as well as the exact time and date. I made note of it when I saw him, in my rearview mirror, turn in to make his stop.

I know that they have a schedule to keep, but they need to keep the safety of other drivers in mind as well. Most of the professional drivers do. I have two Uncles, three cousins and a distant relative of some sort, lol, who are all truckers - and not one of them would have driven the way that man was driving.
Back to top Go down

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 8:38 pm

Wow, that had to be scary! Glad he didn'thit you!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 8:48 pm

:thankyou2:
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : What a fright! Bokmal10

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 10:55 pm

Really scary. We have these kind of stupid nuts here in Buenos Aires too. They must be all of them in jail. They can kill someone. Ranting I'm relieved you are allright, Savannah.

Vanesa.

What a fright! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 11:52 pm

Rob wrote:
Man, what an idiot. It's always disturbing when people who are supposed to be professional drivers do stupid things like that. Glad you're okay.

Rob, its hard to take you seriously with that avatar! (I'm sorry that happened to you, Savannah! Makes you want to get them out of the truck and shake them hard, doesn't it?)

What a fright! HummerWhat a fright! MistiKeeperWhat a fright! Bookclub5What a fright! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 11:04 am

Misti wrote:
Rob, its hard to take you seriously with that avatar!

Then I must show Krusty's serious side...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA01pqHyMVQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What a fright! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a fright!   What a fright! Empty

Back to top Go down

What a fright!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: