Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Happy010

BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Empty
PostSubject: BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns   BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns EmptyMon May 22, 2017 1:31 pm

So as I was watching the Billboard Music Awards last night, I saw a commercial that made me sit up....
It looks like they are reviving THE BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS!!! Bliss

Okay, so the only reason I know about this show is because I ran into a clip of Melissa Gilbert when she did it!
She competed against Kristy McNichol.  I'm excited to see who will compete this time.  They better have good stars like they did in the 70s... they had big stars competing!  

Anyway, it will be on ABC Networks and will start airing June 29th I believe.  Keep an eye out!

Here is the one with Melissa.  You can skip to 4:30 to get straight to the competition lol

Here is an Article:  ABC Reboot “Battle of the Network Stars” to Film at Pepperdine University

Pepperdine University has announced that a revival of the hit ABC television series Battle of the Network Stars will be filmed on the Malibu campus from late May through June 10.

Host network ABC decided to return to the show's original location at Pepperdine where filming took place during the show's original run from 1976 to 1985. Produced by Glassman Media and IMG, the nostalgic 10-episode throwback show will once again assemble teams consisting of current and classic celebrities who will compete against one another in an array of physical challenges.

“Battle of the Network Stars was a summertime fixture on our Malibu campus for many years and one that many alumni and members of our campus community remember fondly,” says Nate Ethell, director of communications and brand development. “We're delighted that ABC is bringing the games home and look forward to Pepperdine helping set the stage for the newest edition of friendly celeb-on-celeb combat.”
For 13 seasons, the original version of the program featured television personalities from the three broadcast networks at that time, ABC, CBS, and NBC, as they participated in a variety of athletic events, including three-on-three football, tug of war, kayaking, miniature golf, and swimming. The late sports commentator Howard Cosell hosted all but one of the show's original 18 seasons as well as the show's first reboot in 1988. The show was last rebooted in 2003 by NBC.

Like the original series, numerous celebrities from a variety of television networks will participate in friendly competition to raise money for charity. The show will not include an invited audience, but ABC will encourage the Pepperdine campus community to view filming from the sidelines of these competitive summer games and events. Filming times and locations will be announced for community members at a later date.  
Battle of the Network Stars is scheduled to premiere on June 29, 2017.

BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Battle-of-the-network-stars

BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Purple2

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns   BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns EmptyMon May 22, 2017 1:39 pm

I watched that show every week! I loved seeing the competition between the teams and stars!
Cheer

BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Rhonda10BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Happy010

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns   BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 6:49 pm

I am excited!! wootwoot

BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns   BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns EmptyMon Jun 26, 2017 12:22 am

Looks good.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns   BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns Empty

Back to top Go down

BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS - Returns
Page 1 of 1