HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3283
Mood :

PostSubject: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Now I am showing my age...but do you guys remember 'Battle of the Network Stars?' When I was a kid, they would show that twice a year! I used to love watching that...the stars from the then "3" major networks competing in many Athletic sports. For you young 'uns, the 3 major networks at the time were ABC, CBS, & NBC. Howard Cosell used to host it. I never knew which team to root for! Anyway, I saw they were showing that this past Monday on ESPN classic, so I dvr'd it. I've seen bits & pieces of it...it was from November '83. So many people there...including a very young Heather Locklear! I also hear they will be airing these every Monday night for a while. I was having too much fun watching this.

This show should come back. Then again, I can't imagine what "stars" they can bring for this...there would probably be quite a bit of reality stars competing. Also, there would be a lot more networks added (Fox, CW, some cable channels).

If you have ESPN classic, check it out! It will blow you away! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8656
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Oh! I'll have to check out if I have that channel!
I remember buying a video from someone on Ebay who had recorded the episode where Melissa Gilbert appeared. I still have it somewhere.

Here is a clip of her race against Kristie

It WOULD be cool if they were to do this with all the celebrities now. I would definitely watch! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:14 pm

I can't watch this one yet because I'm at work...however, I think I saw this, way back then! Didn't Kristy beat her...BIG TIME?!? Or was that a different race? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53814
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Jules, I made the sacrifice of watching the video just so I could let you know if that was the same one. Yep - Kristy beat her BIG TIME.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Awww, thanks Lisa! That was so sweet! laugh3

Poor Melissa...then again, in a way, I'm not surprised! Kristy looked a lot more athletic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52508
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 pm

That was interesting! Funny how Melissa hung on those bars like a Prairie dangler. Boy, Kristy could move!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13376
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Rob wrote:
That was interesting! Funny how Melissa hung on those bars like a Prairie dangler.

Rob!! laugh3

Battle of the Network Stars was SUCH a big deal!! Applause So much fun to see your favorite stars battling it out. happy1 The other one that was fun was Circus of the Stars. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!   Today at 10:36 am

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Network Stars- ESPN Classic!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1