Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Avon rep. I quit Avonn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Headac10

Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Empty
PostSubject: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 4:14 pm

So i became a Avon rep. When i was asked if i like to join. I said sure. I just thought of how easy and the money. I was wrong. It isn't easy. I have made a little sales. It's not really what i thought it be like. I had no idea you have to pay for avon books and all that. A part of feels like giving up and another part doesn't,  Maybe i don't have the right mind set for business.
 Have you ever done this? Or type of job?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Last edited by Krissy on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 6:07 pm

It takes a certain type of personality to be in sales.  Many of the companies will require some type of upfront money for start up.  You might try and make a Facebook group and see if you can get anyone to buy that way.  I've always liked Avon products, but for me, it is a bit expensive.  I do have some friends that sold it and made good money, even all the way up to getting the car.  But, she is a real go-getter and people person....I think she could sell ice to the Eskimos and manure to a farmer......A real sales person.   HeeHee

Good luck if you decide to stick it out.
Thumbsup

Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Rhonda10Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Rhonda wrote:
It takes a certain type of personality to be in sales.  Many of the companies will require some type of upfront money for start up.  You might try and make a Facebook group and see if you can get anyone to buy that way.  I've always liked Avon products, but for me, it is a bit expensive.  I do have some friends that sold it and made good money, even all the way up to getting the car.  But, she is a real go-getter and people person....I think she could sell ice to the Eskimos and manure to a farmer......A real sales person.   HeeHee

Good luck if you decide to stick it out.
Thumbsup

Thank you. Yeah i think you are right about that. That is awesome about your friend did so well. I agree Avon is expensive. But one good thing is least i gave something a try, I have been giving two Avon books to my bank but no orders yet. Maybe by christmas time.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Giving it a try is always a plus! Don't EVER be afraid to try something. You'll find out soon enough what you like and what you don't like! Hang in there! Thumbsup

Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Rhonda10Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Avon rep.  I quit Avonn MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 9:32 pm

I encourage you to stick with it if you feel there is a chance you can get going with it. Sales are not my thing, but I will say that my job before my current job did involve sales. I have never liked being in sales, but like Rhonda said, some are better cut out for that than others. It's always great to give new things a try... if I didn't, I wouldn't be working at a bank right now. You have to try new things to see what you enjoy and to see what you are good at.

Keep us posted how it goes if you stay with it. If you don't, find something else to try. That is the beauty of it, there is always something new to try.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 8:06 am

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
I encourage you to stick with it if you feel there is a chance you can get going with it. Sales are not my thing, but I will say that my job before my current job did involve sales. I have never liked being in sales, but like Rhonda said, some are better cut out for that than others. It's always great to give new things a try... if I didn't, I wouldn't be working at a bank right now. You have to try new things to see what you enjoy and to see what you are good at.

Keep us posted how it goes if you stay with it. If you don't, find something else to try. That is the beauty of it, there is always something new to try.

Thank you, I guess i will stick it out for a while. I watched some videos on youtube to get some tips and i guess some of the videos have scared me a little. Yeah i guess some are better cut out for it.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 8:07 am

Rhonda wrote:
Giving it a try is always a plus!  Don't EVER be afraid to try something.  You'll find out soon enough what you like and what you don't like!  Hang in there! Thumbsup

True enough Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 9:29 am

Good for you for trying something new! Sales is something that is not easy for me either (it seems like many people struggle with this) but I think one reason why it's not easy for me is because I don't like when an employee tries to push a product on me when I am in the store, so I don't like to do it to others when I am working. But at my current job we earn commission for every retail product we sell, so that has been somewhat of a motivation to improve my sales skills!
For your job, I think it would help for you to understand the products you are selling as best as you possibly can. Such as, what the different products are used for. That is something that has helped me a lot at my job. That way if someone asks you a question about a product, even if you don't use it personally you still would be able to explain how to use it and the benefits of it.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Kristina wrote:
Good for you for trying something new! Sales is something that is not easy for me either (it seems like many people struggle with this) but I think one reason why it's not easy for me is because I don't like when an employee tries to push a product on me when I am in the store, so I don't like to do it to others when I am working. But at my current job we earn commission for every retail product we sell, so that has been somewhat of a motivation to improve my sales skills!
         For your job, I think it would help for you to understand the products you are selling as best as you possibly can. Such as, what the different products are used for. That is something that has helped me a lot at my job. That way if someone asks you a question about a product, even if you don't use it personally you still would be able to explain how to use it and the benefits of it.

Yeah That is good advice. That is how i feel like in Avon you have to be pushy to sell . Some people are so good at making sales.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:54 pm

I tried selling Mary Kay and Princess House, but everyone else is right: sales is tough. I finally found my niche and my passion selling real estate. I think the challenge for places like Avon is there is so much online and in-store competition. I remember my mother's Avon lady coming to the door. Now that's not really done. My girls couldn't even tell you what Avon is. They like Sephora, MAC, and e.l.f. Even products I used to buy from Avon when the kids were little like lotions and lip balms have been replaced by them at Bath and Body Works and with EOS because the packaging is cool.

If you decide to stick with it, you must focus on your "sphere of influence" or SOI. These are the people you know who you might be able to sell to and who can recommend you to others. Without a SOI a salesperson is up the creek without a paddle.

Good luck!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 10:31 am

Yes and thank you! That is what i have been thinking myself. The new generation today doesn't use avon any more because of online and the places you said. I also wonder if it's because people don't want to order from a stranger or they think avon is to pricy. To be honest i really don't think avon's makeup is any better or any special then drug store stuff.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 am

I had to end up quitting Avon. I did't want to but for some reason i just had no choice. I had a hard time finding people to buy. I was just putting more money into it then i was getting out of it, Wasn't worth it to me. I just don't think direct sales is for me. i

I'm not sure what happened. I had always put the right amount of money in my bank account for my payments. Some how the bank/Avon was charging me all theses extra fees, I had no idea about. I don't know i always paid on time. I think maybe they were using my Debt card which i didn't agree to use. I had a $45. dollars over draft . My bank was kindly enough to take it off. Then Avon asked me to pay a $20. dollar Fee. So i just closed my account. Then i was told with Avon you don't get your payment from sales in money but just get a credit to your account. But another person said you get paid in you bank account. Anyways that's what happened. mad banghead

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 11:42 pm

That's frustrating. Maybe a better opportunity will come along.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 4:45 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
That's frustrating. Maybe a better opportunity will come along.

Yes, it was and yeah that be nice

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avon rep. I quit Avonn   Avon rep.  I quit Avonn Empty

Back to top Go down

Avon rep. I quit Avonn
Page 1 of 1