Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

May be a silly question about the children at the blind

Go down 
+8
Prairie Dweller
Rhonda
brenda_m
emilyanneoftheprairie
JW
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Vanesa
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Empty
PostSubject: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 7:42 pm

school..but were the actors really blind? When they're on the show I'm always trying to see if they flinch or mess up. Today "Annabelle" was on and I was trying to see if they would react to the "fake" water being thrown at them.

BTW..love this episode!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 8:06 pm

Good question...:think:
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 6:37 pm

As far as I know the little actors who played blind children from Mary's school, were not blind in real life. If they didn't react when the fake water was thrown over them was for they were taight not to react. They were actors, you know ...and actors must know how to fake things... grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Happy011

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 7:17 pm

I always wondered that too. I tried to observe them, but could never figure it out.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Happy010

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 7:17 pm

I know that some were really blind... you could tell in their eyes...

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 7:52 pm

Thats a good question

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Jacobk10Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Jacob210
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 8:00 pm

Carol wrote:

True.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 6:32 pm

good question i never thought of it b4

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 12:19 am

Are you sure? I've never heard about them being really blind. When I was younger, at first, I believed that Kinwood Boomer was really blind for his eyes seemed the ones of a blind person. But as you all knows, he was not blind in real life! Wink

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 8:22 am

He did have some unique looking eyes. He was really good at playing a blind person.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 12:29 pm

I never thought of this before.

A bit off topic but Shanesia Davis-Williams that played Marissa Clark on the 1990`s show Early Edition said she learned to play being blind for her role by spending time observing children at a school for the blind.

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind KEEPERBRENDABlind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Purple2

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 4:07 pm

A little trivia...........Thumbsup

Both Mary and Adam ( Linwood Boomer ) had to attend a genuine institution for the blind in order to learn how to fill a glass of water, to sit down on a chair and to walk down a hallway, etc.

In fact, the title of this episode, "I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away", was actually chosen after the expression was used by a blind resident at the school. The people working on the set liked it, and thought it would make the perfect title for the episode.

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Rhonda10Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 4:25 pm

Aww, that is so sweet. Very interesting!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 4:47 pm

Yes it is very sweet and interesting!

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind KEEPERBRENDABlind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 11:57 pm

I didn't know it, Rhonda. Thank you for the trivia.

I was always amazed seeing in which accurate way Linwood Boomer and Melissa Sue Anderson portrayed blind persons. We had a blind classmate at the University, and he would act exactly like them. I've read that they studied how to portray a blind person being along with real blind men and women , but I couldn't help but being surprised, since when you are truly seeing, even if you fakes not to see, some odd thing that could be ACTUALLY happening before your eyes, could start you, and make to ruin the whole work.

When I was a child, me and some of my friends played to be blind...but we would always kept our eyes closed. If we'll have our eyes openes, we would HAVE to watch what we had in front of us...It's so hard... :think:

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 9:39 am

I recall reading somewhere that most of the children used were trained to act blind. I wish I could remember where I read that!

The girl that Mary comforts in "Darkness Is My Friend" was really blind. She wrote Melissa Anderson a letter and Melissa told Michael Landon about the letter and Michael let the girl be in an episode. I thought that was pretty cool.

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 10:17 am

Prairie Dweller wrote:
The girl that Mary comforts in "Darkness Is My Friend" was really blind. She wrote Melissa Anderson a letter and Melissa told Michael Landon about the letter and Michael let the girl be in an episode. I thought that was pretty cool.

Yes she was.

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 10:42 am

Was't that Susan?

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Jacobk10Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Jacob210
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 2:32 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I recall reading somewhere that most of the children used were trained to act blind. I wish I could remember where I read that!

Aww, that was really nice.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Party010

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 3:29 pm

Carol wrote:

Exactly.

In the episode where Mary and Laura are held captive in the school, Mary comforts (Susan?) when it's all over, and you can tell that her eyes don't look normal. She looks as if she's really blind.

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 2:07 am

Prairie Dweller wrote:

I hadn't heard that before, but it's really sweet. Another reason - to a list of many reasons - to love this show.

I read that for an "assignment" when MSA was "learning" how to act blind, she was supposed to go home, close her eyes and walk around like that and she said that when she did, it terrified her and really helped her understand how it could feel to lose your sight suddenly.

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind ChristinaKeeper2 Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Wow. This interesting facts about MSA learning to be blind. Some of the kids, acting blind.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:

Oh how sweet!! loveheart

Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May be a silly question about the children at the blind   Blind - May be a silly question about the children at the blind Empty

Back to top Go down

May be a silly question about the children at the blind
Page 1 of 1