Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey

Go down 
+6
Savannah
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
Lori
Carol
Lily
10 posters
AuthorMessage

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Empty
PostSubject: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 2:08 pm

Since the Superbowl is here is AZ, they are have a 100-day Countown Party tomorrow. I just heard on the radio that Merlin Oleson will be one of the "big names" in attendance. My husband has season tickets to the AZ Cardinals and he got a special VIP pass to attend the party. He has to work tomorrow, but he said that Nate and I could go without him.

So, I need some honest opinions, would I be a total geek if I brought up Little House at a sporting event? Do you think it would offend him?

I'm so excited!!!! Wish us luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Shoot no! Have fun!! Merlin seems like a really nice guy! Go for it.

Some of my friends are in NY right now. They are gonna meet Leslie Charleson (Monica) tomorrow. They have my magazines to be signed, etc. She is the greatest.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 2:49 pm

You will not be a geek to bring up Little House. Merlin Oleson is known as Mr. Garvey and Father Murphy after his football career. Have the greatest time at the party!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Happy010

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 3:54 pm

Some actors don't like it when they bring up a role they played for several years because they feel people only see them as that character...
But other actors don't mind... especially if they are known for several characters or careers... I don't think Merlin would mind you bringing up Little House though... he seems like he wouldn't mind it, so I say go for it grinsmiley Thumbsup
And have a great time at the party happy1

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Horses10
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 4:36 pm

That will be great if you get to meet him.

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Purple2

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 7:25 pm

:Hahaha: If the man can sell flowers for FTD, I would imagine bringing up LHOTP would NOT offend him!!!

Have a wonderful time!!! :idance:

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Rhonda10John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 7:27 pm

Good point, Rhonda!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 7:51 pm

I don't think he would be offended at all - he may be honored to be remembered for his acting abilities at a sporting event. Go for it! Have fun. And take pictures if you can! grinsmiley

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey ChristinaKeeper2 John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 9:27 pm

I think Merlin would be fine with being remembered as Mr. Garvey or Father M. I've only read goog things about him and that he is a very nice man I don't think he would mind one bit. I say when opportunity knocks... go for it what do you have to lose?

Use the Winoka Warrior episode to lead into little house. That way you are tying in football (hee-hee), too! Most importantly have fun and make the most of the moment
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 9:37 pm

He's always seemed very nice and friendly - I don't think he'd be offended. Have a great time! And if you get some pictures, be sure to let us see! 📷 grinsmiley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 9:46 pm

Yes! We want pics! lol!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 11:42 pm

Will you see big Jonathan Garvey??? Have a good time, and try to photography him! At least tell us how he nowadays! :woohooo:

God luck! ☮

Vanesa.

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Purple2

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 9:06 am

Big John or Merlin is 6'5" and over 200 pounds...you might need to prepare little Nate for seeing the big man!!! affraid

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Rhonda10John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 9:50 am

Have you heard Merlin's interview with Susan McCray on www.ksav.org ?? I have and I don't think he minded remembering his time on Michael's shows. Perhaps you might want to go to the archives and listen to it before meeting him, that way you will know a bit more about him and his time on the shows and not ask the same questions.
Relax and have fun!

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey MarilynKeeper John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 9:54 am

The LAST thing I need is to have Nate scream in terror when he sees this huge guy standing in front of him. There will be quite a few football greats signing autographs, so I assume they'll be sitting down, perhaps at a table.

The event starts at 2:00 today. I already have my DVD out on the counter, to bring with us, for him to sign. I'm bringing Season 6 because he is on the cover.

Keep your fingers crossed that I don't make too big of a fool of myself - I get very nervous when meeting famous people.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 11:33 am

Nate will probably charm them all! Just look at that little face!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 2:01 pm

Let us know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 5:35 pm

How exciting! I'm looking forward to reading how it went! :)

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 7:12 pm

I hope you had a great time at the game and that you were able to meet Merlin. How exciting just to know that he would be in attendance.

John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey PamKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 1:17 am

Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey   John - I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey Empty

Back to top Go down

I Might Get to Meet Big John Garvey
Page 1 of 1