Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?

Go down 
+12
Rhonda
Lori
Debbie
ChristinaAL
Amy
Lily
Savannah
pamh36
bethandmanly
Vanesa
charles ingalls
JW
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 7:29 pm

Amy wrote:
I usually wait until Thanksgiving weekend to decorate, but last year my mom, sister and I all had our annual Christmas shopping trip that weekend, which we usually do earlier in November. So I decorated the weekend before Thanksgiving, and it was SO nice! I had everything done before my trip, and was able to think about what new decorations or ornaments I might want to get, because my house was already decorated and I knew exactly what was in my inventory. Wink We'll be doing the same thing this year and I can't wait! I LOVE Christmas and I'm always 'ready' for it.

Last weekend I bought my first Christmas CD for this year....I found it at Greenfield Village in Detroit (it's a historical place), and it's called "Music Box Christmas". All the Christmas songs are done on that old fashioned music box player, that you often find in Christmas stores? It's so cool! Oh, and for you Josh Groban fans, he has his FIRST Christmas CD out this year!!! SO excited about that! :disco:

The CD sounds like it would be really nice! The kids and I were just recently at Greenfield Village. I love that place!

For Christmas stuff, have you ever gone to Cantebury Village or Bronner's, in Frankenmuth? I love both of them, though it's been so long since I've gone to either.

christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 7:32 pm

Oh, I LOVE going to Frankenmuth - but I haven't been there in at least ten years. Bronners was amazing! I had an old, old friend who lived nearby, but she has since passed away.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 7:38 pm

We went to Frankenmuth a couple years ago, but for whatever reason we didn't go to Bronners. I'd love to go at Christmastime and see the whole town decorated. I bet it's beautiful.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 7:44 pm

The last time I went, I made the mistake of going the day after Thanksgiving. OhMy affraid It was insane. Beautiful - but insane.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 7:59 pm

Savannah wrote:
The last time I went, I made the mistake of going the day after Thanksgiving. OhMy affraid It was insane. Beautiful - but insane.

I can imagine that it would be the day after Thanksgiving!! :haha:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 8:01 pm

:Hahaha: Yeah......I won't do that again unless I have a bodyguard with me!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 8:02 pm

I sort of got a little more ready for Christmas today. I ordered from Swiss Colony. grinsmiley I don't order a lot, but they always send free chocolate truffles and petit fours. . . . how could I possibly turn down FREE chocolate?
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 8:18 pm

My Christmas spirit doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving.. I have off work, and there is no way I will fight Black Friday crowds, so instead I stay at home and start my decorating! Can't wait!! :xmastree:
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 11:10 pm

Savannah wrote:
I sort of got a little more ready for Christmas today. I ordered from Swiss Colony. grinsmiley I don't order a lot, but they always send free chocolate truffles and petit fours. . . . how could I possibly turn down FREE chocolate?

Mmmhhh, Savannah! I'm craving for these "Petit Fours" and chocolate truffles! :sillySmiley: We also have some good Swiss Shops here, but Christmas is more the time of Torroni and Panetonne, here in Argentina (Every year, I make my own Panetonne, that in my country is called "Pan Dulce"). We also eats ice cream desserts after the long and energetic food. It's the same for New years Eve's.

I absolutely LOOOOOVEEEE this moment of the year. Is my favorite one! I can't wait for it! Really can't! I really like to be with all my family reunite eating, singing Christmas songs, playing with my little nephews , going to Church and feeling into my own heart the spirit of God. Love It's a real pity that these celebrations pass to fast for me. I should like it was Christmas time for ever and ever. grouphug

Vanesa.

christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 5:39 pm

ooh xmas tree oooh xmas tree :woohooo: :woohooo: :woohooo:
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 8:16 am

Savannah wrote:

We used to get their catalog when I was a kid. I always tried to get my parents to order so we could get the free petit fours. They always looked so good. It never worked though.

christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 10:17 am

I Got a Christmas Cd and Guess what song is on there It's Go Tell it on the Mountains It just reminded me of one person on this forum

christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Jacobk10christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 1:24 pm

I wonder who?? Huh?

(Jacob! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head ALL . . . DAY! bawling )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 1:32 pm

LOL Savannah!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:06 am

A shopping center around here has decorated the outside of the parking lot on the lamp posts.

Christmastime is Here!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 8:29 am

A lady down from our office came in yesterday to ask permission for the City to string lights on the outside of the building. They are wanting to get the whole square strung with lights and then put a tree in the square and on Deember 3, our Christmas Parade, the Mayor will "Light the Town". The city employees were also out in the strong winds yesterday in their 'cherry pickers' (those buckets that are lifted into the air for work on utility poles)... hanging wreaths on the poles throughout town, Not ready for this.....not ready at all.....No

christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Rhonda10christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 8:42 am

Rhonda wrote:
Not ready for this.....not ready at all.....No

I guess I shouldn't tell you that some of my decorations and a few of my trees are up then, huh?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 10:32 am

I usually save time by just leaving out my Halloween decorations, but adding a Christmas touch. Like putting a Santa Claus suit on my life-size skeleton. The little kids seem to get a kick out of it. Sometimes I can hear their blood-curdling screams of delight from the other end of the house. affraid
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 11:16 am

Rob wrote:
I usually save time by just leaving out my Halloween decorations, but adding a Christmas touch. Like putting a Santa Claus suit on my life-size skeleton. The little kids seem to get a kick out of it. Sometimes I can hear their blood-curdling screams of delight from the other end of the house. affraid

Rob, you sure are a genius!! :adore:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 1:11 pm

OhMy :faint2:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 12:48 am

I am ready for Santa!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 12:53 am

here comes santa all dressed in red..
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:15 am

(Is he saying Ho Ho Ho, or Ha Ha Ha? batEyes )
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 11:10 am

Savannah wrote:
Oh, I LOVE going to Frankenmuth - but I haven't been there in at least ten years. Bronners was amazing! I had an old, old friend who lived nearby, but she has since passed away.

Yes, Pam & Savannah, it's been years since I've been too! And I don't really live that far! That is a great place to visit! And I'm German so I fit right in! Wink

My sister, mom & I are all going to Great Lakes Crossing in Pontiac on Thanksgiving weekend. It's like an indoor outlet mall. We really do find great deals there! Have you been there before Pam?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 11:14 am

Yes, I have been there, Amy. I usually go sometime in December and do a little Christmas shopping while the kids are at school. Though I did miss going last year. It's a fun place to shop. It's only about 30 - 40 minutes from where I live.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?   christmas - ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARE YOU GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next