Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?

Go down 
+7
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
Savannah
emilyanneoftheprairie
JW
pamh36
Rob
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 5:25 pm

While Sea Monkeys aren't fake, the way they advertise them makes kids think that they are something they aren't. Like in the pictures that Savannah posted above; the one in the comic books made kids think that they would really look like they did in the drawing, and that you would be able to train them to do what you wanted. But, in reality, they look like the picture that Savannah has on the bottom, but much, much smaller. You need a magnifying glass to see the detail in them. And, from my experience, you can't train them to do anything.

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 5:29 pm

Rob wrote:
And who can forget the ad for the Charles Atlas Bodybuilding Course?? "The Insult that Made a Man Out of Mac" is one of those phrases that's stuck in my brain for life!

*LOL* I don't remember that! Must have been a guy thing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 5:32 pm

LOL Rob!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:13 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Rob wrote:
And who can forget the ad for the Charles Atlas Bodybuilding Course?? "The Insult that Made a Man Out of Mac" is one of those phrases that's stuck in my brain for life!

*LOL* I don't remember that! Must have been a guy thing.

Nope. It isn't a guy thing. I remember it!

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Atlas

And NO. In case you're wondering . . . . I did NOT send away for it. batEyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:14 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:24 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Oh man, I'm dying! I remember telling one of my friends that my mom has x-ray vision glasses and that she could see through the house and the garage, when one of my friends was trying to get me to do something I knew I would get into trouble for, and we were playing behind the garage. I cannot remember what it was now, that she was trying to get me to do, but all I remember is that she fell for it and believed that my mom would be able to see through the house and the garage. ROTFL

Oh Pam, that's funny! It's so funny how gullible little kids can be. Once my sister's friend Mary Jo told me that if you talked into the volume knob on the TV, the people on the screen could hear you. I remember watching The Wild Wild West and talking into the knob: "Hey Jim, there's a bad guy coming up behind you! Can you hear me, Jim??" OhMy
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:28 pm

:Hahaha:

Rob, I'm glad that you quoted that post - I had missed it! Pam, that's so funny! What a quick thinker you are!

And Rob....... :Hahaha: I still talk to the tv . . . . I just didn't know that I was supposed to direct my voice to the volume knob. :shifty:
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:34 pm

Do TVs even have volume knobs anymore??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:34 pm

Savannah, you are a trip!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:36 pm

Savannah wrote:

Maybe if you did, you wouldn't be getting beat up by cats all the time. Wave
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:41 pm

Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Maybe if you did, you wouldn't be getting beat up by cats all the time. Wave

*gasp!* Oh, you're just full of fun tonight, aren'tcha! You just wait til that new judo book comes, buster! Then POW POW POW! Oh wait. . . . that's only on national still-smashing day. Nevermind. You're safe. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 10:42 pm

pamh36 wrote:
While Sea Monkeys aren't fake, the way they advertise them makes kids think that they are something they aren't. Like in the pictures that Savannah posted above; the one in the comic books made kids think that they would really look like they did in the drawing, and that you would be able to train them to do what you wanted. But, in reality, they look like the picture that Savannah has on the bottom, but much, much smaller. You need a magnifying glass to see the detail in them. And, from my experience, you can't train them to do anything.

Of course they existed and werent faked. But my grandpa said me they were really "infusories" (didn't know how to write it in English), a kind of little creatures he used to make grouth in water to give the fish he had to eat...They were...food for fish. mad

Vanesa.

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 10:51 pm

Rob wrote:
My sister's friend Mary Jo told me that if you talked into the volume knob on the TV, the people on the screen could hear you. I remember watching The Wild Wild West and talking into the knob: "Hey Jim, there's a bad guy coming up behind you! Can you hear me, Jim??" OhMy

Oh no, you didn't, Rob!! When did you do that? The other day?!?! :Hahaha:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 11:12 pm

Noooo, this happened a long time ago... but didn't we all do things in our 20s that we're not proud of? No
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 11:34 pm

Rob wrote:
My sister and I used to leave the screen door open in the summertime to let flies in, but Mom put a stop to that. Mostly we fed our 'traps little bits of hamburger.

My sister took over the feeding when the plants got bigger. I wonder whatever happened to her... :think:

Picture that scene in "Little Shop of Horrors" with Ellen sticking out of Audrey's mouth when Rick Moranis comes into the shop...Poor Rob's sister! Oh, the horror! The horror!

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Hummer..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 MistiKeeper..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Bookclub5..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 11:37 pm

Rob wrote:

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Atlas

Ahhh, the memories this thread has stirred up! 🎻

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Hummer..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 MistiKeeper..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Bookclub5..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 11:40 pm

Lily wrote:
Rob wrote:
My sister's friend Mary Jo told me that if you talked into the volume knob on the TV, the people on the screen could hear you. I remember watching The Wild Wild West and talking into the knob: "Hey Jim, there's a bad guy coming up behind you! Can you hear me, Jim??" OhMy

Hey, I do that without getting close to the tv. Hey stupid girl! He's right behind you!!! Turn around and look! Run..RUn...RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 11:42 pm

:Hahaha: I do that, too, Misti.

Rob - I didn't see that you'd posted the Bodybuilding ad already. *smacks forehead* Sorry about that!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 3:36 pm

Misti wrote:
Lily wrote:
Rob wrote:

Hey, I do that without getting close to the tv. Hey stupid girl! He's right behind you!!! Turn around and look! Run..RUn...RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh you do that too Misti? I just want to save myself some embarrassment by letting Rob take all the limelight. grinsmiley

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 6:49 pm

Misti wrote:
Picture that scene in "Little Shop of Horrors" with Ellen sticking out of Audrey's mouth when Rick Moranis comes into the shop...Poor Rob's sister! Oh, the horror! The horror!

Is this the scene???

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Little%20shop%20of%20horrors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 6:54 pm

YIKES. I would hate to be his dinner!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 8:13 pm

Rob wrote:
pamh36 wrote:
Oh man, I'm dying! I remember telling one of my friends that my mom has x-ray vision glasses and that she could see through the house and the garage, when one of my friends was trying to get me to do something I knew I would get into trouble for, and we were playing behind the garage. I cannot remember what it was now, that she was trying to get me to do, but all I remember is that she fell for it and believed that my mom would be able to see through the house and the garage. ROTFL

Oh Pam, that's funny! It's so funny how gullible little kids can be. Once my sister's friend Mary Jo told me that if you talked into the volume knob on the TV, the people on the screen could hear you. I remember watching The Wild Wild West and talking into the knob: "Hey Jim, there's a bad guy coming up behind you! Can you hear me, Jim??" OhMy

Now THAT'S funny, Rob!! :haha:

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Vanesa wrote:

Of course they existed and werent faked. But my grandpa said me they were really "infusories" (didn't know how to write it in English), a kind of little creatures he used to make grouth in water to give the fish he had to eat...They were...food for fish. mad

Vanesa.

Yes, they are some type of shrimp.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 5:05 pm

Rilla wrote:
*sends u matt*

lol, thanks

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3