HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:25 pm

While Sea Monkeys aren't fake, the way they advertise them makes kids think that they are something they aren't. Like in the pictures that Savannah posted above; the one in the comic books made kids think that they would really look like they did in the drawing, and that you would be able to train them to do what you wanted. But, in reality, they look like the picture that Savannah has on the bottom, but much, much smaller. You need a magnifying glass to see the detail in them. And, from my experience, you can't train them to do anything.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:29 pm

Rob wrote:
And who can forget the ad for the Charles Atlas Bodybuilding Course?? "The Insult that Made a Man Out of Mac" is one of those phrases that's stuck in my brain for life!


*LOL* I don't remember that! Must have been a guy thing.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:32 pm

LOL Rob!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:13 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Rob wrote:
And who can forget the ad for the Charles Atlas Bodybuilding Course?? "The Insult that Made a Man Out of Mac" is one of those phrases that's stuck in my brain for life!


*LOL* I don't remember that! Must have been a guy thing.

Nope. It isn't a guy thing. I remember it!




And NO. In case you're wondering . . . . I did NOT send away for it. batEyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:14 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:24 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Oh man, I'm dying! I remember telling one of my friends that my mom has x-ray vision glasses and that she could see through the house and the garage, when one of my friends was trying to get me to do something I knew I would get into trouble for, and we were playing behind the garage. I cannot remember what it was now, that she was trying to get me to do, but all I remember is that she fell for it and believed that my mom would be able to see through the house and the garage. ROTFL

Oh Pam, that's funny! It's so funny how gullible little kids can be. Once my sister's friend Mary Jo told me that if you talked into the volume knob on the TV, the people on the screen could hear you. I remember watching The Wild Wild West and talking into the knob: "Hey Jim, there's a bad guy coming up behind you! Can you hear me, Jim??" OhMy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:28 pm

:Hahaha:

Rob, I'm glad that you quoted that post - I had missed it! Pam, that's so funny! What a quick thinker you are!

And Rob....... :Hahaha: I still talk to the tv . . . . I just didn't know that I was supposed to direct my voice to the volume knob. :shifty:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:34 pm

Do TVs even have volume knobs anymore??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:34 pm

Savannah, you are a trip!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:36 pm

Savannah wrote:
And NO. In case you're wondering . . . . I did NOT send away for it. batEyes

Maybe if you did, you wouldn't be getting beat up by cats all the time. Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:41 pm

Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:
And NO. In case you're wondering . . . . I did NOT send away for it. batEyes

Maybe if you did, you wouldn't be getting beat up by cats all the time. Wave

*gasp!* Oh, you're just full of fun tonight, aren'tcha! You just wait til that new judo book comes, buster! Then POW POW POW! Oh wait. . . . that's only on national still-smashing day. Nevermind. You're safe. batEyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:42 pm

pamh36 wrote:
While Sea Monkeys aren't fake, the way they advertise them makes kids think that they are something they aren't. Like in the pictures that Savannah posted above; the one in the comic books made kids think that they would really look like they did in the drawing, and that you would be able to train them to do what you wanted. But, in reality, they look like the picture that Savannah has on the bottom, but much, much smaller. You need a magnifying glass to see the detail in them. And, from my experience, you can't train them to do anything.

Of course they existed and werent faked. But my grandpa said me they were really "infusories" (didn't know how to write it in English), a kind of little creatures he used to make grouth in water to give the fish he had to eat...They were...food for fish. mad

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Lily
"Beautiful Life"



Number of posts : 6784
Location : In the town shopping
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:51 pm

Rob wrote:
My sister's friend Mary Jo told me that if you talked into the volume knob on the TV, the people on the screen could hear you. I remember watching The Wild Wild West and talking into the knob: "Hey Jim, there's a bad guy coming up behind you! Can you hear me, Jim??" OhMy

Oh no, you didn't, Rob!! When did you do that? The other day?!?! :Hahaha:



"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:12 pm

Noooo, this happened a long time ago... but didn't we all do things in our 20s that we're not proud of? No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:34 pm

Rob wrote:
My sister and I used to leave the screen door open in the summertime to let flies in, but Mom put a stop to that. Mostly we fed our 'traps little bits of hamburger.

My sister took over the feeding when the plants got bigger. I wonder whatever happened to her... :think:

Picture that scene in "Little Shop of Horrors" with Ellen sticking out of Audrey's mouth when Rick Moranis comes into the shop...Poor Rob's sister! Oh, the horror! The horror!



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:37 pm

Rob wrote:
And who can forget the ad for the Charles Atlas Bodybuilding Course?? "The Insult that Made a Man Out of Mac" is one of those phrases that's stuck in my brain for life!


Ahhh, the memories this thread has stirred up! :violin:



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:40 pm

Lily wrote:
Rob wrote:
My sister's friend Mary Jo told me that if you talked into the volume knob on the TV, the people on the screen could hear you. I remember watching The Wild Wild West and talking into the knob: "Hey Jim, there's a bad guy coming up behind you! Can you hear me, Jim??" OhMy

Oh no, you didn't, Rob!! When did you do that? The other day?!?! :Hahaha:

Hey, I do that without getting close to the tv. Hey stupid girl! He's right behind you!!! Turn around and look! Run..RUn...RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:42 pm

:Hahaha: I do that, too, Misti.

Rob - I didn't see that you'd posted the Bodybuilding ad already. *smacks forehead* Sorry about that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
"Beautiful Life"



Number of posts : 6784
Location : In the town shopping
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:36 pm

Misti wrote:
Lily wrote:
Rob wrote:
My sister's friend Mary Jo told me that if you talked into the volume knob on the TV, the people on the screen could hear you. I remember watching The Wild Wild West and talking into the knob: "Hey Jim, there's a bad guy coming up behind you! Can you hear me, Jim??" OhMy

Oh no, you didn't, Rob!! When did you do that? The other day?!?! :Hahaha:

Hey, I do that without getting close to the tv. Hey stupid girl! He's right behind you!!! Turn around and look! Run..RUn...RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh you do that too Misti? I just want to save myself some embarrassment by letting Rob take all the limelight. grinsmiley



"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:49 pm

Misti wrote:
Picture that scene in "Little Shop of Horrors" with Ellen sticking out of Audrey's mouth when Rick Moranis comes into the shop...Poor Rob's sister! Oh, the horror! The horror!

Is this the scene???

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:54 pm

YIKES. I would hate to be his dinner!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:13 pm

Rob wrote:
pamh36 wrote:
Oh man, I'm dying! I remember telling one of my friends that my mom has x-ray vision glasses and that she could see through the house and the garage, when one of my friends was trying to get me to do something I knew I would get into trouble for, and we were playing behind the garage. I cannot remember what it was now, that she was trying to get me to do, but all I remember is that she fell for it and believed that my mom would be able to see through the house and the garage. ROTFL

Oh Pam, that's funny! It's so funny how gullible little kids can be. Once my sister's friend Mary Jo told me that if you talked into the volume knob on the TV, the people on the screen could hear you. I remember watching The Wild Wild West and talking into the knob: "Hey Jim, there's a bad guy coming up behind you! Can you hear me, Jim??" OhMy

Now THAT'S funny, Rob!! :haha:


Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Vanesa wrote:

Of course they existed and werent faked. But my grandpa said me they were really "infusories" (didn't know how to write it in English), a kind of little creatures he used to make grouth in water to give the fish he had to eat...They were...food for fish. mad

Vanesa.

Yes, they are some type of shrimp.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:05 pm

Rilla wrote:
*sends u matt*

lol, thanks


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?   Today at 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
 
..... Was there a gift you wan't sooo bad has a child?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» RCA Duel Phono w/amradio a gift
» Marvel UK 1970s free gift - painted?
» Basil Poledouris – Gift of Fury (Lyrics)
» Free yugioh cards, gift cards, etc.
» Signing a book as a gift...not at a book signing event

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: