Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally finished

Go down 
+7
Vanesa
JW
ChristinaAL
Lily
emilyanneoftheprairie
edwina
Savannah
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Finally finished - Page 2 Love-s10

Finally finished - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 1:03 pm

Savannah, thanks for posting that recipe!! I was looking for something 'different' to make, that's not too difficult, and this is IT! They look fabulous!

I make "Wreath Cookies" every year...it's what the family always expects me to bring! Simple, but messy:

1 stick butter (I use real, salted or unsalted, doesn't matter)
melt that down and add 32 large marshmallows. Melt the marshamallows over med heat, turn off heat. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon green food color, stir. Immediately stir/fold in 4 1/2 cups frosted flakes (honestly Tony the tiger does make a difference in this recipe), and then quickly place spoonfuls onto WAX paper (don't use foil!!!). I used to shape into wreaths, but it's really crazy. No one cares that they're more like 'balls'. Then I add 3 red hots for 'color' and a more 'wreath-like' look. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Those sound good, Amy!

Kelsey and I are going to be making cookies today. Actually, that's what I should be getting ready to do right now! *LOL*

Finally finished - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Finally finished - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Finally finished - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 1:07 pm

Amy! You have perfect timing! Just yesterday, my Mom and I were just talking about "those Christmas wreath cookies we used to make years ago" and we couldn't find our recipe. Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Finally finished - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 3:12 pm

Oh good! Glad I could help you out! Applause

I just got home with the Andes mints! I hope I can control myself and stick to just one cookie...of course, I have to 'taste-test'...we wouldn't want to poison anyone, right? Wink Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Finally finished - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Finally finished - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 4:18 pm

It's a must, Amy. A faboo cook MUST taste their goods before passing them on to others. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally finished   Finally finished - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally finished
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2