Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A very special anniversary

Go down 
+13
LIWnut
Amy
Vanesa
Carol
Farmer Girl
pamh36
Teresa
Lily
JW
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rhonda
Savannah
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A very special anniversary Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : A very special anniversary Happy010

A very special anniversary Empty
PostSubject: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:28 pm

Many of you here had a very special part in this anniversary, too. One year ago today, Michael had the major seizure that nearly took his life. The doctors had told us not to get our hopes up, because three hours had passed, and they still couldn't get Michael to come out of the seizure. They also told us that if he did survive, that we should expect brain damage. One year later.......my precious Michael is healthy and strong, with no brain damage and has even been weaned off one of his anti-seizure meds. What a joy that he's still with us - and that God still answers prayers. And what a joy to have friends like all of you who joined my family and RL friends in prayer for Michael. I haven't met any of you face to face yet, but some of you have become so dear to me that I couldn't love you friends any more if I had!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : A very special anniversary Purple2

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:38 pm

HOW WONDERFUL SAVANNAH!!!! I know exactly how meaningful those "anniversaries" are, trust me, I know....CONGRATS TO MICHAEL!!!

A very special anniversary 23_1_140A very special anniversary 24_8_35

A very special anniversary Rhonda10A very special anniversary Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : A very special anniversary Happy011

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:42 pm

Aww, that's wonderful!!!! grinsmiley Applause :woohooo:

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : A very special anniversary Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 9:42 pm

What a sweet thing to say, Savannah. You know we love you, too. And a happy anniversary to Michael!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : A very special anniversary Happy011

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Thats just wonderful

A very special anniversary Jacobk10A very special anniversary Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
A very special anniversary LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : A very special anniversary Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Happy Anniversary to Michael!! You're such a sweet person, Savannah!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 10:13 am

Savannah,
I am so happy that Michael is doing so well!! Your love and support got him through such a difficult and scary time in his life. I will continue to pray for him.

A very special anniversary TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 10:27 am

That is a very special anniversary!! I am so happy to hear that Michael is now healthy and strong. Happy Anniversary to Michael!

A very special anniversary PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : A very special anniversary Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 11:31 am

Wow! What a nice anniversary! I wasn't here then when that happend, but I'm still glad he is doing so good! happy1

A very special anniversary FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

A very special anniversary Little
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 11:51 am

This is excellent news :woohooo:
I'm so glad Michael is doing just fine! Cheer

A very special anniversary Horses10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : A very special anniversary Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 2:51 pm

When you have caring and lovingly persons around, like you are, Savannah, it's quite easy to improve your health!

CONGRATS, MICHAEL!!! I'm happy you are doing so well!!!! :woohooo: happy1

Vanesa.

A very special anniversary Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : A very special anniversary Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 5:45 pm

Vanesa wrote:
When you have caring and lovingly persons around, like you are, Savannah, it's quite easy to improve your health!

You took the words right out of my mouth, Vanessa! Wink Congratulations to Michael! Cheer That is a miracle indeed. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 5:54 pm

this is great news, glad he is doing fine...

CONGRATS
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Thank you, everyone! It was mid-day when I realized what day it was, and it almost made me cry to think of how close we came to losing him. He's one of the feistiest, funniest little boys you could ever meet. (I couldn't be biased, could I? batEyes )
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : A very special anniversary Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 9:35 pm

Congrats Michael. You are an inspiritation to us as you continue to live life to it's fullest.
Savannah, you are special to all of us. This place is very special to me too because of the wonderful relationships that have formed here. You are a sweetie!! We love ya!

A very special anniversary MarilynKeeper A very special anniversary Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : A very special anniversary Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 7:03 am

What a special anniversary. I'm glad Michael's doing so well and hope he continues to have good health. And what a special friend you are to us all, Savannah. happy1

A very special anniversary MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 1:19 pm

grouphug Thank you all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Savannah I'm so happy for Michael!!! Thumbsup I agree with with Savannah. You guys are the greatest ever. I would love to meet you guys one day. Love
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 5:09 pm

Way to go, Michael! This is great news.

A very special anniversary Lorike10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : A very special anniversary Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 7:18 pm

I remember this so vividly. You would think it was happen to one of our kids. How wonderful that Michael is doing so well. Did you ever get a chance to check out the link for those seizure dogs? I pray that Michael continues along this path and that his seizures remain under control.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:22 pm

What a wonderful thing to celebrate - that Michael is such a strong little guy and doing so much better. My continued prayers for his health. {{hugs}}

A very special anniversary ChristinaKeeper2 A very special anniversary 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Thank you everyone!

Cheryl, I did check out the link on the seizure dogs! It's really amazing!

We talked to the children on Monday, and then talked to April for a little while, and found out that Mikey has started his petit mal seizures again, now that they took him completely off his Keppra. SO.........they're putting him back on Keppra. I'm VERY thankful for Michael's teacher. SHE'S the one who noticed them - and petit mal seizures aren't easy to spot. If you aren't aware of the symptoms, it can look for all the world like the child is just ignoring you, or not paying attention. Thank the Lord, she noticed that something was wrong. If she hadn't caught it early, it could easily have progressed back into the grand mal seizures. So, he isn't ready to be completely off the Keppra yet. But the doctors had told us that stress can worsen a person's seizures, or trigger a return, and Michael has been under a lot of stress the last few months.

Thanks again everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very special anniversary   A very special anniversary Empty

Back to top Go down

A very special anniversary
Page 1 of 1