Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Road to Avonlea

Go down 
+11
Amy
Misti
Prairie Dweller
emilyanneoftheprairie
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
bethandmanly
Savannah
LIWnut
EllieJane
JW
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Road to Avonlea Happy011

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 4:16 pm

I Know there are some Road to Avonlea Fans Including me I LOVE THAT SHOW too but not as much as LHOTP grinsmiley But Anyways I Want To Save up some Money then start Buying the Seasons i'll try Ebay if there are some good deals But There is this one Dvd it's Call Road to Avonlea The Movie has anyone seen it? Road to Avonlea 231523_1_ftc_dp Is this Movie on Season one also or is this Just like the Pilot of LHOTP? that it's not on Any of the Seasons

Road to Avonlea Jacobk10Road to Avonlea Jacob210
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : Road to Avonlea Scared10

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 4:58 pm

I think that's the pilot, but the pilot is also included on the 1st season.
I love Road to Avonlea, I was actually watching them last night, i 've only seen the first season, they are expensive so i haven't bough anymore. Maybe I can look on ebay...
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Road to Avonlea Cloud910

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 5:46 pm

I love RTA too but not as much as LHOP. The girl in your picture, Jacob, is Sarah Polley who just won a few awards last Monday at the Genie awards. She wrote the screenplay and directed Away From Her. I haven't seen it but hope to when it comes out on dvd. She was also nominated for an oscar but didn't win.
I met Sarah and some of the other cast members during the filming of Season 3 or 4 at the studio. It was very cool. Then last summer I met some other actors at one of the outdoor locations. It was a lot of fun.
I highly reccommend the dvd's. They are expensive but well worth owning. I have a few seasons and hope to collect them all someday.

Road to Avonlea MarilynKeeper Road to Avonlea Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Road to Avonlea Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Road to Avonlea Happy010

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 8:57 pm

What's kind of sad about the DVDs is that, as expensive as they are.........they're still missing scenes. I taped the series when it originally ran, and was really disappointed when I borrowed the DVDs. If they're going to charge that kind of money for the series, you'd think they'd give you the whole episodes.

I love watching Avonlea. Haven't seen it in a long time - but I sure do enjoy it!

Wasn't Mag Ruffman one of the cast members you met, Marilyn? I seem to remember you mentioning that. She seems like such a sweetheart! I'm glad for you that you've gotten to meet some of the cast.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:13 am

Thanks to all three of you If that movie is On the Season one as well then i'll save my money for season 1
Marilyn That would be so nice meeting some of the Cast i remeber you saying something about it that you met some of the cast

Savannah that sure sucks then but i guess i'll Live grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Road to Avonlea Bokmal10

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:52 am

Savannah wrote:
What's kind of sad about the DVDs is that, as expensive as they are.........they're still missing scenes. I taped the series when it originally ran, and was really disappointed when I borrowed the DVDs. If they're going to charge that kind of money for the series, you'd think they'd give you the whole episodes.

If I remember correctly, there are two sets of these DVDs--one from when it was broadcast in Canada and the other from when it ran on Disney. I believe--and once again I'm not sure--that it is the Disney ones that are missing scenes. According to Amazon reviews, "The Journey Begins" is on Season One, which is when Sara first comes to Avonlea. I found this part of an Amazon review interesting: "I would have given this set five stars except for one itsy bitsy major disappointment. Nowhere on any of the discs did they play the opening theme song! AAACCKKK!!!! For me, this was tragic. I love and adore the theme song, and I love to watch the opening credits, the familiar scenes, ending in the back of Sarah Polley looking at the ocean with her hair blowing in the breeze... If you are a fan of this show, then you must know what I am talking about. Not for the first episode, or even the first one on each disc. No theme song. I am very sad." Now, why wouldn't there be a theme song on the DVD? Hmmm...

The only reason I don't own these on DVD is the price. I have some of the episodes on tape, including the series finale, but I would love to own them on DVD.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Are there any Avonlea forums that are as friendly as this one? I am always afraid to join forums for fear that there might be some rude people. It's happened to me in the past.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 6:21 pm

The DVDs are way too expensive which probably means not too many people buy them. Check with your library to see if you can rent them out first...

Also... with that price... the DVDs should have all of their scenes, opening theme songs... interviews, subtitles, alternate language and other extra features as well as the ability to transport or time travel to Avonlea... LOL

Road to Avonlea Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Here's a link to the Anne 3 forum: http://www.anne3.com/board/index.php It's been hacked a few times, so who knows what is going on there lately. From what I hear those people are not very friendly. There are a couple others that come up in Google, but I don't know anything about them at all.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:48 pm

"Not very friendly" is a very polite, diplomatic way of putting it, Cheryl. Applause

I was there for about a year, and finally decided that while it was an Anne forum, it certainly was not very kindredly. If a person was willing to agree with everything that the "in crowd" said, and ignore the mean, degrading posts toward those who disagreed, then they could probably feel comfortable there. I couldn't do either one. I have little patience for mean-spirited people, or for pseudo-intellectual snobbery.

However.........I should also add that my experience there was a long time ago. Maybe things have changed. I just like it here so much that I don't care to go find out.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 7:58 pm

I am on a Joshua Bell forum and the people over there don't seem to like me for some reason. This one lady there said they seem snobbish as well. Usually when I post no one replies to what I say. I have talked to a few nice people over there though. I stay over there to show my support for Joshua.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 8:36 pm

I Look at the Avonlea Forum today the Link you Posted but it did't intrest me I have been thinking of making opening a forum myself but i'm affraid nobody would join and i'm can't make up my mind if i should do a Forum from the Christy TV Series or Road to Avonlea I love them both very much The Road to Avonlea one would be of Anne of Green Gabels too But then i again i don't know the first thing about making a forum

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 9:10 pm

I was gonna start an Avonlea forum. I have had other forums but no one joined except for my Matt and music forum. Try it and see what happens. Maybe you will have better luck. I gotta warn you though, they are confusing to set up even for me and I am usually good at making web sites. But you will catch on after a few tries. You can always ask me or the administrator of this forum for help. Go to this link, that is what this and my music forum are under. https://www.forumotion.com/forum-free.htm

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:13 am

I can help you make the forum Jacob... it's just a matter of setting it all up... but I don't have any screen caps of Road to Avonlea for the logo....

Road to Avonlea Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 7:12 am

That Would be Great Carol I Have Lots of Road to Avonlea Screen Caps grinsmiley I Think Prairie Dweller Has a Site of Screen Caps from Avonlea I'll Think about it and ask my Parents if it's ok with them 🎻

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 5:40 pm

Well if you do, you already got your first member...me! grinsmiley Good luck.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:25 pm

I would join too, but I won't be able to participate too much right now.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 10:21 am

I Have decided not to open a forum But I plan on opeing one some day grinsmiley

Back to top Go down

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 7:10 pm

I agree with you guy's!..avonlea fourm has why to many problems...and people are not so friendly...That's why i hardly go on anymore. everybodys like in there own lil group and don't really let people in!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Road to Avonlea Cloud910

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Savannah wrote:
Wasn't Mag Ruffman one of the cast members you met, Marilyn? I seem to remember you mentioning that. She seems like such a sweetheart! I'm glad for you that you've gotten to meet some of the cast.

Yes, I have met Mag qite a few times, both at RTA reunions and at my workplaces. She lives in my area and I keep running into her.

[quote="bethandmanly"]
Savannah wrote:

If I remember correctly, there are two sets of these DVDs--one from when it was broadcast in Canada and the other from when it ran on Disney. I believe--and once again I'm not sure--that it is the Disney ones that are missing scenes. According to Amazon reviews, "The Journey Begins" is on Season One, which is when Sara first comes to Avonlea. I found this part of an Amazon review interesting: "I would have given this set five stars except for one itsy bitsy major disappointment. Nowhere on any of the discs did they play the opening theme song! quote]

Cheryl, you are correct. The American versions of the Avonlea DVDs are named Tales of Avonlea and the scenes are cut. The Canadian version is straight from Sullivan and they have EXTRA SCENES. I watch the dvds and am pleasantly surprized to see new footage that wasn't shown. I have the shows all taped from the original showing too. I put the tape in the vcr and the dvd in the computer and watch in stereo until something new comes along and we get out of sync, lol. I know they are expensive but I highly recommend the Canadian versions.

Road to Avonlea MarilynKeeper Road to Avonlea Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:20 pm

I love the show, but I can't justify the price that they charge when I already own the series. Wink So, I'll just keep my videos.
Back to top Go down

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 8:27 pm

i agree they are priced too high!!!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 7:07 pm

i have never watched it. if it wasn't soo expensive i would probably have watched it by now.

Road to Avonlea Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Road to Avonlea Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 3:19 pm

I love Road to Avonlea! It's one of my favorite series. I'll have to admit, I like more than I like LHotP. ~ducks~

As was said earlier, the pilot is really the first episode in season one. What Jacob posted is the "The Journey Begins" (first episode) and "Proof the Pudding" (fifth? episode) combined into one episode. I checked it out of the library just to laugh at it! They took out Welsman's music and replaced it with the Gillis music!

I know what you mean by the Anne3 forum, though I wouldn't necessarily label it as not very friendly. Sometimes I think it's not very friendly... I remember thinking so when I joined in 2005 or was it 04... They go through streaks where there are some being unfriendly and argue over just about anything... :( and then the nicer people don't post as much! There's something wrong in that! grinsmiley

Road to Avonlea PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 3:43 pm

I had to agree with the "unfriendly" forum comments. I was on it for awhile and, although there were a few nice ones, the majority of them were not. So, I finally just stopped going to it.

Road to Avonlea HummerRoad to Avonlea MistiKeeperRoad to Avonlea Bookclub5Road to Avonlea Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Road to Avonlea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea Empty

Back to top Go down

Road to Avonlea
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next