Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Road to Avonlea

Go down 
+11
Amy
Misti
Prairie Dweller
emilyanneoftheprairie
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
bethandmanly
Savannah
LIWnut
EllieJane
JW
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 4 Bokmal10

Road to Avonlea - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:37 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Cool. Yeah CBC. Is where I watched Road to Avonlea. & Anne of green gables.

Yup, we share your station, back in the day.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:40 am

I read the first book in the Road to Avonlea book series and I enjoyed it, so I looked up the books/tv show online. I didn't know that the tv show lasted for several years, but it looks really good, too. I'm going to try and get some of the dvd's from netflix and the next couple of books in the series from the library.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 4 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 7:53 pm

Awesome. You'll love the show. Thumbsup I enjoyed the books myself.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:53 am

I'm glad to hear it is a good show! I only wish I didn't have to wait to get the books from the library, when I decide I want to read a book I don't like to wait!  reader 
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:32 am

Glad you like them. Took me a while to collect the books.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 am

You may also like Emily of new moon too. It's a little darker then RTA.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:06 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

I still haven't read the RTA books!! (I have only read Anne of Green Gables). I am looking for some summer reading so maybe I'll see of our library has these.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Amy wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

I still haven't read the RTA books!! (I have only read Anne of Green Gables). I am looking for some summer reading so maybe I'll see of our library has these.

My mom happened to pick up the first book in the Road To Avonlea series for me at a book sale, and I'm glad she did. It was a short book, a quick read, but still enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:41 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
You may also like Emily of new moon too. It's a little darker then RTA.

I think my sister has a set of Emily of New Moon DVD's, but I'd like to read at least the first book before watching any of the episodes of the show. That'll be something else I'll have to look for the next time I'm at the library
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 4:18 pm

That is good. I watched the show before reading the books.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 am

I finally got to start watching Road to Avonlea. It took the DVD's awhile to be available at the library. But I really like the show so far! funny tv
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Awesome.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:27 pm

There is an animated Anne of Green Gables tv series, and I happened to catch an episode of it today. I never realised it before since I only recently started watching Road to Avonlea, but in the 'Anne' animated series one of Anne's rivals at school is a girl named Felicity who has a brother named Felix. Not sure if the animated show or Road to Avonlea was made first, but I thought that connection was interesting
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Road to Avonlea - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Road to Avonlea was made first - it was back in the 90s. Interesting connection! Thanks for mentioning it!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Lisa wrote:
Road to Avonlea was made first - it was back in the 90s. Interesting connection! Thanks for mentioning it!

Smile Yeah it was.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Road to Avonlea - Page 4 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 7:45 pm

the animated series is both Anne and Road To Avonlea combined. Anne and Diana represent the Anne series and Felix and Felicity come from the Avonlea series. I've seen a few episodes. I like what I've seen. Miss King is the schoolteacher, not Miss Stacy.

Road to Avonlea - Page 4 MarilynKeeper Road to Avonlea - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:55 am

I never watched the the animated series

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:02 pm

LIWnut wrote:
the animated series is both Anne and Road To Avonlea combined.  Anne and Diana represent the Anne series and Felix and Felicity come from the Avonlea series.

very interesting, I did not know that. When I saw the end of the episode of the animated series I recognized a piece of music that played at the end of the credits, that also plays on the Road to Avonlea dvd's, so I guessed that there must be some sort of connection between the two.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 7:17 am

I am reading a Road to Avonlea book based on the episode Misfits and Miracles. I like the books a lot, since that is how I first came to know of the series when my mom found one of the books at a tag sale. The one I am reading I like because it adds more detail to the story than is able to be added in an episode, such as what the weather is like after a snowstorm and what Sara thinks of the winter scenery when she goes for a walk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Road to Avonlea   Road to Avonlea - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Road to Avonlea
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4