Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

California's Central Valley

Go down 
+3
pamh36
Amy
Carol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : California's Central Valley Happy010

California's Central Valley Empty
PostSubject: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm

I live in the southern part of the valley. Wave
I really like living here because it has a very town feel to it although it is growing more and more each day... it is still considered a sort of quiet place to live. I like the diversity that is available to me by living in the central valley. Here I live in a town like place... but drive a few minutes and I'm in a ranch with cornfields, horses, dairies... etc...

Driving to the north of me is Sacramento, to the west is Monterey/Big Sur where I can get a coastal feel... to the east of me are the mountains... to the south of me is Los Angeles/Hollywood. All of them are about 2 1/2 to 3 hours depending on which direction I go.
California's Central Valley Driving

The Central Valley has a lot of agriculture and because of that there are many farmers market where people can go and buy organic stuff grown here in the valley, there are a lot of cute fruit stands that make you feel like you have stepped back in time... it's really neat. Thumbsup

This old educational video give you an idea of how agriculture is in the valley. Try not to fall asleep grinsmiley

This video shows the variety of things to see and do all within 3 hours distance or less. sunny

California's Central Valley Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : California's Central Valley Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 7:57 am

Sounds like a great place to live Carol! Thumbsup I have an aunt that lives in Carmel and I'd love to go visit her someday. Fact is, I don't know if I'd actually want to live in California, as beautiful as it is...I get kind of freaked out by earthquakes and natural disasters. OhMy Michigan is kind of a 'safe' place to live...rarely a tornado touching down, no hurricanes or earthquakes, and we don't have to worry about sharks in the Great Lakes! LOL! Yep, I'm kind of a weenie that way! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:04 am

It sounds like a very beautiful place to live, Carol! Lots of beautiful images are in that second video.

California's Central Valley PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:53 am

Amy wrote:
Fact is, I don't know if I'd actually want to live in California, as beautiful as it is...I get kind of freaked out by earthquakes and natural disasters. OhMy

Actually... a lot of the central valley is not really prone to earthquakes... there may be small ones I'm sure because the state literally shakes 365 days a year, lol... but the ones here in the central valley are hardly felt.
Natural disasters like fires... mostly occur in southern california....
Nothing bad has really happened here in the nineteen years I've lived here...

Now when I lived in southern california... I did experience some earthquakes and so many aftershocks. When the earthquake is small... it's kind of an exciting feeling and really reminds you of how powerless we are lol

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
California's Central Valley Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:19 am

It's great that you love where you live, Carol. I love where I live, too. The changing of the seasons is a never-ending source of enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Yeah, even though I love where I live, I'm not one of those who think their state is the best or whatever... lol
I like to consider myself a 'world citizen' as I think every part of the world has it's beauty with a lot of neat things to see and do. Wouldn't it be neat to actually be able to travel and see a lot of wonders of the world like Niagara Falls, The Northern Lights, Machu Picchu, etc....

:pilot:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:23 pm

I feel that way about Michigan, Carol,...I do love its beauty and changing seasons, but I can appreciate so many other places too.

Speaking of the Northern Lights, I would LOVE to go to Copper Harbor this year. I'm wondering, all you Michiganders, have you been there before? I've heard it's just incredible:

http://www.copperharbor.org/

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:40 pm

No, I've never been there, Amy. It sure does look beautiful.

Of course I don't think that I want to go in the winter though. It says that they have 33 inches of snow on the ground now, and that 248.2 inches have fallen so far. :faint2:

California's Central Valley PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
California's Central Valley LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : California's Central Valley Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:31 pm

:sleep: Are the vidoes over yet? affraid Oh Carol!! Where did you come from? You scared me half to death!! 🤢

Seriously, there got some beautiful sceneries. I especially love the moutain views. Thank you for posting those gorgeous videos.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:10 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Of course I don't think that I want to go in the winter though. It says that they have 33 inches of snow on the ground now, and that 248.2 inches have fallen so far. :faint2:

Yeah, I suppose we'd have to be insane to go there in the winter! We were seriously thinking about sending my son to Michigan Tech, but the idea of driving up there or him driving home to us for visits/holidays in bad weather just didn't set well with me. And it's just SOOOOOoooooo isolated!

Carol, I forgot to comment on your videos! Can I just say, the first one I felt like I was back in middle school! LOL! I really liked the second one though...that's some jammin' music right there!California's Central Valley Musique13 (bummer, no banjo player smiley!)

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 12:05 am

Lily wrote:
:sleep: Are the vidoes over yet? affraid Oh Carol!! Where did you come from? You scared me half to death!! 🤢

Laughing If you fell asleep... that's okay!... I have another I can put on specially just for you. grinsmiley

Amy wrote:
Carol, I forgot to comment on your videos! Can I just say, the first one I felt like I was back in middle school! LOL!

Laughing I know. I remember when they would put videos like that in school... they would turn off the lights, hearing the man's voice throught the entire video... oh man... it was just the perfect setting for nap time or pass notes with friends. :haha:

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: California's Central Valley   California's Central Valley EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Lily wrote:
Are the vidoes over yet? affraid Oh Carol!! Where did you come from? You scared me half to death!!

Amy wrote:
Carol, I forgot to comment on your videos! Can I just say, the first one I felt like I was back in middle school! LOL!

Hey kiddos! Exciting news!! Class is back in session! Lily, hit the lights! Amy... turn on the projector! laugh3