Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for a friend, please - Update!

Go down 
+8
Rhonda
Amy
pamh36
Rob
ChristinaAL
LIWnut
Teresa
Savannah
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Happy010

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 pm

My friend Patty went in for surgery this morning. It took a lot longer than expected (four hours) but she came through okay. But then, something happened - we don't even know what for sure - and Patty is in very serious condition right now. Please pray for this dear friend of mine. I'm off to see if I can get any updates. I'll be back a little later. Thank you!!

Last edited by Savannah on Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:45 pm

Savannah,
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Patty will be in my prayers. I hope that she will be okay.

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:51 pm

I will pray for her and for you my friend. Keep us updated please!!

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! MarilynKeeper Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Prayers for your friend, Savannah, and for you too! I hope Patty's condition improves soon.

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! ChristinaKeeper2 Prayers for a friend, please - Update! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:53 pm

Thank you, all. No real updates so far. The family has all gathered at the hospital, except for one sister, who is a missionary in Brazil. I'm sure that she's being kept updated - But, she and Patty are extremely close, so I know that she'd much rather be at the hospital *with* Patty, than listening to updates over the phone or computer.

Thanks again, everyone! I'll let you know when I hear anything more.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 9:42 pm

That's sad. I'll keep praying for Patty and her family, Savannah.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 8:58 am

My prayers are with Patty and her family.

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:09 am

Thank you. Still no update yet. I'm hoping, though, that that means that Patty is holding her own.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:07 pm

What was the surgery for exactly, Savannah? Was this a 'risky' surgery? I'll be praying for Patty.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 7:53 pm

She was having a tumor removed from her right side. They didn't expect it to be a risky surgery at all. It took a lot longer than expected, though. No word yet on whether it was cancerous or not, yet.

I talked to the family tonight, and the hospital thinks that Patty had a reaction to a shot that they gave her. What happened was, shortly after she was out of surgery, her sister Lisa was giving her some ice chips. Lisa turned away to talk to the doctor for a couple of minutes, and when she looked back again, Patty had stopped breathing, and was starting to turn blue. They immediately sedated Patty, and intubated her. She was unconscious, and unable to breathe on her own til early this afternoon. They were able to remove the tube, and she's breathing on her own again, thank the Lord. She's still in Intensive Care, and still in serious condition - but it looks like she's starting to improve!

Thank you so much for your prayers. Patty has been in a lot of pain, and not getting enough sleep because of this tumor for the past several months. So she was already weak going in to surgery. I know that the prayers have helped her immensely.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 8:50 pm

Savannah, that is so scary. I am so glad that they were able to help her quickly after she stopped breathing. Please let her family know that we are all praying for her. Frineds are a gift from the Lord. Love and hugs to you both.

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! MarilynKeeper Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 9:20 am

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I'll continue to keep Patty in my prayers.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Thank you!
And you're right, Marilyn - friends are definitely a gift from the Lord.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 9:57 pm

Patty is in my prayers, Savannah. Good friends are most precious to us all.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:44 am

Oh my gosh, that must have been so scary for her sister to see Patty okay one minute, then to look over and see her not breathing! I'm glad she's improved some; my continued prayers for her speedy recovery!

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! ChristinaKeeper2 Prayers for a friend, please - Update! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:45 am

Bliss Patty is being released from the hospital today!! Cheer

Thank you all SO much for praying for her! :thankyou2:
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:58 am

That is wonderful news Savannah, I am sorry I didn't post earlier about prayers being said, but I was praying for Patty.......glad she is headed home....... Applause

BTW.....how's dad doing? batEyes

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Rhonda10Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 12:08 pm

He's healing up very well. He had his staples out yesterday. My brother, Charles, called while we were on the way home, and asked how everything went. My Mom told him:

"Well, Dad had his staples taken out today. Screamed like a woman. But they're out."

:Hahaha: My Dad told her that God's going to get her for that.
The surgeon told my Mom that he was surprised at my Dad's high pain tolerance threshold. Dad has only taken Vicodin a few times, and the surgeon expected that he'd have gone through the whole prescription.

Thank you for your prayers, and your concern, Rhonda. {{{HUG}}}
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Savannah wrote:
"Well, Dad had his staples taken out today. Screamed like a woman. But they're out."

I understand about having those staples taken out.......When I went through my first cancer surgery, I had staples and Sam was in with me holding my hand as the doctor removed them........as each staple came out, I would squeeze his hand.....by the time the last staple came out, Sam was down on his knees........My pain tolerance was great, it was Sam that needed to deal better with it! ROTFL

Glad dad is healing well and continues to get better! grinsmiley

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Rhonda10Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 12:25 pm

LOL! Rhonda, I can just picture that! Sam's hand was probably never the same after that! :Hahaha:

I should clarify that Dad really didn't make a peep when the staples came out - but Mom loves to tease. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Savannah wrote:

*sigh* Those John Wayne movies were supposed to teach him a thing or two about taking it like a man. batEyes

What great news about Patty! This thread is making me very happy today. Prayers for a friend, please - Update! 4_1_100
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Ah, a Happy Easter blessing!! God is good. Hope that both Patty and dad continue to recover fully.

Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 6:55 pm

So happy to hear that your friend, Patty is going home and that your dad is doing well.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm so Happy to hear that she is ok I Only saw this now

Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Jacobk10Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 7:56 pm

I am so happy to hear that Patty was able to go home!!

It sounds like your dad is doing better too. That is wonderful!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for a friend, please - Update!   Prayers for a friend, please - Update! Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for a friend, please - Update!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next