Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crazy things pets do..

Go down 
+6
pamh36
ChristinaAL
Vanesa
Savannah
flatbroke
Misti
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. Happy010

Crazy things pets do.. Empty
PostSubject: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 11:54 am

Speaking of animals, do yours ever do anything that makes you look at them and go, "huh?"

I gave our dog, Lucky a bath yesterday and he used to have a real fit about it. Now, he doesn't, I guess because I constantly talked to him to keep him calm.

Poor dog...I scrubbed him with flea shampoo and then shampoo for sensitive skin (this dog has a bald spot on his back from itching on the steps!). I got him out and dried him a bit and then put him outside.

He goes crazy, running around, rubbing himself on the ground (thank goodness its grass!) acting stupid. Later when he calmed down I dosed him with K-9 Advantix.

You wanna clip his toenails? Forget that. When he was a puppy, hubby was clipping his nails when he got him in the quick. Now, if you tell him you are going to do it and grab his paws, he has a fit...crazy dog! grinsmiley

I know Savannah's been telling us about Opie...anyone else have a strange story about your animal?

Crazy things pets do.. HummerCrazy things pets do.. MistiKeeperCrazy things pets do.. Bookclub5Crazy things pets do.. Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. Party010

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:15 pm

Yeah...Oscar runned off and that cat hasn't been outside since he got hit by a car last year.

Stupid cat.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:29 pm

He probably has a phobia about cars now....tends to happen once you get hit! (Or bit like I did that time I went walking. I haven't walked that way in awhile now. I find alternative means.)

Crazy things pets do.. HummerCrazy things pets do.. MistiKeeperCrazy things pets do.. Bookclub5Crazy things pets do.. Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:40 pm

Misti wrote:
He probably has a phobia about cars now....tends to happen once you get hit! (Or bit like I did that time I went walking. I haven't walked that way in awhile now. I find alternative means.)

You mean a dog bit you and now you walk different? Dang, I'd like to see that. You got any video of how you walked before?Image hosted by servimg.com
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Crazy things pets do.. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:42 pm

Allow me, Misti: Larry . . . :bash: grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Savannah wrote:

Aw for..

RHONDA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Quote :
Larry wrote: You mean a dog bit you and now you walk different? Dang, I'd like to see that. You got any video of how you walked before?

Bravo Larry! Applause Bravo! I really "stepped" into that one, didn't I?

Quote :
Savannah wrote: Allow me, Misti: Larry . . .

Sniff! Thank you, Savannah! Larry! You do not want to get MY dander up! mad (and no, before you comment, I did not say dandruff!) grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:48 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Aw for..

RHONDA!!!!

And don't go cryin' to Rhonda! I'm sure she'll defend me, too! We all know how you really are! :shifty: grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:48 pm

Misti wrote:
[You do not want to get MY dander up! mad (and no, before you comment, I did not say dandruff!) grinsmiley

Well you took the fun right out of THAT one.

*kicks rocks*
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:55 pm

SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 2:26 pm

my dog does this really really really really crazy run around the house sometimes! (when he is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry hyper)

in one certin bark my dog does it seems like he say's "hello" (well my parents think so)
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 11:35 am

My dog also does his crazy dance around the whole flat after his bath. He has the idiotic little ritual of going right into my room and jump and rush himself over MY BED, letting it all damp and plenty of died or dying flies! mad

These last times, we are closing my room door in advance. And he gets really, but really frustrated... :shifty: :shifty:

Vanesa.

Crazy things pets do.. Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 3:48 pm

LOL! That is why I held Lucky tight in a towel until I got him to the door and outside. Otherwise he'd be rubbing himself all over my carpeting.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 4:44 pm

I used to have a goldfish when I was younger, and it liked to be fed at a certain time every day. If we were even a little late at feeding time in the morning, the fish would smack itself against the side of its bowl, to the point of its face getting all red! Ironically, it lived about 3 years.

This other little side story isn't really about the pet doing anything so much as what happened. When we graduated HS, one of my close friends had center pieces at her graduation party that were bowls with flowers and fish in them. Since we were so close, her mother gave me one of the fish to take home. Well, I was going out of state to visit my grandmother the next day, and had no idea what to do with the fish. It had been years since I had one, so I had no bowl or food. I ended up "making" breadcrumbs for it, and the next morning, my dad got a 5 gallon bucket, which we filled halfway with water, and we took the fish on the trip with us! Unfortunately, it died about halfway through. (I guess the travelling was too much for it). The best part of this adventure was when we got to my grandma's, we had to take the fish inside to give it a proper "burial". I still remember her face as my father brought the 5 gallon pail into the bathroom, and she was behind us saying, "What the heck are you doing?!" ROTFL

Crazy things pets do.. ChristinaKeeper2 Crazy things pets do.. 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:12 pm

We had some goldfish that lived for quite a few years when I was a kid. Until one day when my brother thought it'd be a great idea to pour some Southern Comfort into their aquarium. We found them all dead on the floor. I think he thought he'd make them a little drunk, but not suicidal.

Crazy things pets do.. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:18 pm

pamh36 wrote:
We had some goldfish that lived for quite a few years when I was a kid. Until one day when my brother thought it'd be a great idea to pour some Southern Comfort into their aquarium. We found them all dead on the floor. I think he thought he'd make them a little drunk, but not suicidal.

I just about fell out of my chair. ROTFL
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:26 pm

Yeah, it didn't come out until several years later what actually happened to those poor fish. :Hahaha:

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:30 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Yeah, it didn't come out until several years later what actually happened to those poor fish. :Hahaha:

Well of COURSE not silly. Boys aren't COMPLETELY stupid. We learn very early on that an indictment is not a conviction. Cool
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:32 pm

I'm making a mental note of that. :haha:

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:40 am

flatbroke wrote:
pamh36 wrote:

Pam! That is so funny! On the floor? I guess they smacked themselves against the side of the bowl way beyond being red faced, huh? grinsmiley I can just picture them like the fish in "Cat in the Hat" standing on the edge of the bowl yelling at each other "Save yourselves!!!!"

Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 4:01 am

When walking through a doorway in our house, our cat, if you put your hand
on the door jam, she jumps up and grabs your wrist with both paws.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 8:07 am

Misti wrote:

I can just picture them like the fish in "Cat in the Hat" standing on the edge of the bowl yelling at each other "Save yourselves!!!!"

ROTFL That image makes it even more funny!!

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 8:43 am

Now I have to correct myself. It was peppermint schnapps and creme de menthe that he poured into the tank. He said he wanted to make it taste good for them. :unsure:

The southern comfort incident was when him and a friend used a kerosene pump to put it down their throats. It ended up coming up their noses. Yeah, he's real bright! :gross:

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:25 am

pamh36 wrote:
Now I have to correct myself. It was peppermint schnapps and creme de menthe that he poured into the tank. He said he wanted to make it taste good for them. :unsure:

The southern comfort incident was when him and a friend used a kerosene pump to put it down their throats. It ended up coming up their noses. Yeah, he's real bright! :gross:

I like how your brother thinks. Cool
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Crazy things pets do.. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:25 am

flatbroke wrote:
pamh36 wrote:

ROFL...me too! Pam, how old was your brother when he did that?!?! I'll bet it wasn't funny to you at the time! bawling

I had 2 goldfish too that lasted for 3 years!! I won them at a carnvial (the ping-pong ball game!). Now, we've tried to keep fish for the kids at least 3 times over the years and do you think we can keep them alive for more than a week?!Crazy things pets do.. Hein43

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy things pets do..   Crazy things pets do.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Crazy things pets do..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next