Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A little good news, I hope.

Go down 
+5
pamh36
Teresa
Rob
Rhonda
Savannah
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A little good news, I hope. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : A little good news, I hope. Happy010

A little good news, I hope. Empty
PostSubject: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 11:37 am

Yesterday afternoon, and last night, my Mom had started feeling a little ill. (I know, this doesn't start out like a "good news" post) Then, this morning, when she checked her blood pressure, the diastolic and systolic numbers were almost equal. They're supposed to be 40 points apart. So, her doctor told her to come in immediately. I took her over to her doctor, and he said that she's having an allergic reaction to THIS medication, too. BUT........A few weeks ago, the E.R. doctor had suggested that maybe all Mom needs is a water pill. He said that usually, when someone starts experiencing high blood pressure, that's the first thing the doctors try - but nobody ever tried it with my Mom. He mentioned that to her doctor, and today, her doctor took her off all of her blood pressure pills, and put her on a water pill. So, here's hoping that it works!! We're sure praying! It would be pretty wonderful if all she needs is a water pill! And, we'd appreciate some prayers regarding suddenly stopping the two meds she was on. It can have a serious effect on the body, but we're praying that it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : A little good news, I hope. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:03 pm

WOW! Praying it all works out Savannah.......

You know, if those doctors would talk to EACH other more, a lot of things can be avoided. My Aunt Jan was told by one doctor that she needed such and such and it would probably work better for her, while another doctor was scratching his head and saying, "We'll try this and see what happens, and if it doesn't work, we'll try this...." She finally told him that Dr. So and so said she needed THIS certain medicine, and the doctor tried it and it worked, now, why in the world did these two EDUCATED doctors not get their thoughts together before this???? banghead

A little good news, I hope. Rhonda10A little good news, I hope. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : A little good news, I hope. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:15 pm

I sure hope the water pill works, Savannah. I'll be praying!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:35 pm

I'll be praying for your mom, Savannah. I hope that the water pills help, and that she won't have to try any other types of medication.

A little good news, I hope. TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 1:26 pm

My mom has /does take water pills. She'll drop 30 pounds in no time flat. It's amazing. My SIL takes them too. I don't know when they have to take them or if they are on them full time. Anyways I wish your mother lots of luck. grinsmiley My thoughts are with her.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 1:26 pm

Your mom is in my prayers, Savannah.

A little good news, I hope. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : A little good news, I hope. Happy011

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 1:45 pm

I'll be praying for too i hope it works

A little good news, I hope. Jacobk10A little good news, I hope. Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 3:06 pm

I certainly hope that does the trick! Will be praying for your mother, Savannah!

A little good news, I hope. NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Praying for your mom, Savannah! I hope the water pill solves her high blood pressure problems. {{hugs}}

A little good news, I hope. ChristinaKeeper2 A little good news, I hope. 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A little good news, I hope. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:46 pm

Thank you so much, everyone! Tonight, especially, will be the difficult time for her, because of going off the other two meds so suddenly.

Susie, my Dad is on a water pill, and the same thing happened with him! He dropped 30 lbs. in no time at all! He's lost a lot more because of the two surgeries this spring.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : A little good news, I hope. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. EmptySat May 31, 2008 5:06 pm

I'll pray this works for your mom, Savannah. That would be so great! I hope she's doing ok.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little good news, I hope.   A little good news, I hope. Empty

Back to top Go down

A little good news, I hope.
Page 1 of 1