Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE 100 MILE WALK"

Go down 
+18
Old Dan Tucker
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
jes9
Vanesa
littlehousefan200
Savannah
Honeybee
amyk
easyt72000
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
Kristina
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
LM
JW
Carol
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "THE 100 MILE WALK" Happy010

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Empty
PostSubject: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyTue Feb 20, 2007 12:07 am

“The 100 Mile Walk”

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Yelshort

In the beginning, things look very good for the Ingalls until a bad hailstorm ruins their crops. Charles and some other farmers must leave to look for work. They end up working in a quarry. While Charles is away, Caroline is able to get the women of Walnut Grove to join together to harvest the remaining crops.

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Walk1

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Walk2

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Walk3

==============

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Walk4

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Walk5

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Walk6

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Report (Will give my review later [type] )

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 3:32 am

a long march "THE 100 MILE WALK" Botteav8

and are himself women who make the crop Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "THE 100 MILE WALK" Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyWed Feb 28, 2007 1:07 pm

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE This Episode

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Jacobk10"THE 100 MILE WALK" Jacob210
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : "THE 100 MILE WALK" Party010

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 12:06 am

This is a really good episode. Thumbsup
It's got some pretty emotional scenes of the men missing their families, Blue and when Jack is killed. bawling

The women were busy...bringing in the sheaves. Thumbsup That little whining woman really got on my nerves. Caroline should have pushed her into the creek since she was too hot and tired to work
. :haha:

I love the pictures you have here, from that episode! Thumbsup

"THE 100 MILE WALK" LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 am

LM wrote:
That little whining woman really got on my nerves. Caroline should have pushed her into the creek since she was too hot and tired to work. :haha:

Laughing That would have been great!

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyMon Mar 12, 2007 10:15 am

But it is really sad when Jack gets killed and when Charles brins the money to his family...
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : "THE 100 MILE WALK" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyMon Mar 12, 2007 1:48 pm

This is a very bittersweet episode. The characters make you love them so quickly and you can feel their love and pain. I like this episode a lot....

SEASON ONE RULES!!! Thumbsup

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Rhonda10"THE 100 MILE WALK" Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyMon Mar 12, 2007 3:37 pm

bittersweet was the word I was looking for :)
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 10:04 pm

I love this episode! It must have been so hard on the family, especially Caroline, with Charles going who knows where, for who knows how long, with no way of contacting him except an occasional letter. I feel bad for Charles telling Jack's family the news, and his poor wife and son :( And it's so happy to see the other man (whose name escapes me at the moment) meet his wife and new son, and of course, when Charles returns home.

I agree with Rhonda, nothing beats season 1! grinsmiley

"THE 100 MILE WALK" ChristinaKeeper2 "THE 100 MILE WALK" 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : "THE 100 MILE WALK" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:37 am

I liked this episode, though it's not one of my favorites. I was sad when the Ingalls family lost their crop but I was happy when Charles made two friends while walking to look for work! I was sad when Charles's friend, I don't remember his name, died in the explosion where the men were working.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 12:00 pm

Overall I enjoy this episode, though I wish that a different character than Jack would've been chosen to get killed! :)

I like how the women, on the whole, are willing to try to save part of the crop because they know that they'll need whatever they can get.

The quarry is an interesting place to choose to have Charles work... when I was watching this episode my brother walked through and commented that they really seemed to enjoy using dynamite in the series! Laughing

"THE 100 MILE WALK" PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:21 am

this is a emotional roller coaster to watch....again a gambit of emotions in one episode...i can feel Charles pain when he talks to Jacks lad ....we see a young lad swallow his pain and be brave..it broke Charles heart to watch.

Ive often wondered how long did they train to do the jack hammer teaming ....one miss ouch
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 12:48 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that in the scene where the ladies are picking up the mail, one of the extras is wearing Grace's brown dress! Then in the next episode Grace wears the dress to church. :haha:

"THE 100 MILE WALK" PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "THE 100 MILE WALK" Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 4:59 pm

never notice that Prairie Dweller i'll have to watch that episode again

"THE 100 MILE WALK" Jacobk10"THE 100 MILE WALK" Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : "THE 100 MILE WALK" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:04 pm

this was a good one

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : "THE 100 MILE WALK" Party010

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:28 pm

Great supporting cast. Jack was great! Lance Kerwin as the boy-remember him? "James at 16?" I am showing my age!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:11 pm

I remember JAMES AT 16! Although I think I only remember one episode, something about James trying to empathize with a deaf boy, so he wore earplugs or something all day.

But, back to LHOP.....I really like this episode. Although it is sad that Jack dies, I like it because it is so shocking and therefore helps add something to this episode, especially with the fear his wife had of him doing this "powder monkey" work. And I think the scene when Pa takes Jack's belongings and salary to his family is really a good scene.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:22 pm

I'm watching this episode again tonight. Doesn't over $2,000 seem like a lot of money (for back then) that the Ingalls family would have made if that wheat crop would not have been ruined by the hail? Does anyone know if that would be a realistic amount of money for them to have made?
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:19 pm

My nieces got me re-watch LHOTP. (I probably skip the episodes, I don't care for.) I just want watch up to Season 5. I didn't care for the later seasons.

Back to !00 Miles. I love the Scripture, that Caroline mention about Ruth. Does anyone know what Chapter that is in the book of Ruth?

I love this Episode. The ladies helping out. I'll love go to town, get the mail. Now, we get mail by our front door.

I got a question. How come Charles, didn't check the wheat field after the hail storm? To see, if the wheat was still good or not.

This is my 500 posts. wootwoot

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"THE 100 MILE WALK" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:35 pm

I'm drawing a blank about which scripture Caroline quoted there. Can you refresh my memory? What were some of the words?

And congratulations on your 500th post!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:45 pm

OH! It's a paraphrase of Ruth 2:17.

"So she gleaned in the field until even and beat out that she had gleaned" is the verse. Caroline just left out a few words.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Savannah wrote:

"So she gleaned in the field until even and beat out that she had gleaned" is the verse. Caroline just left out a few words.

Thank you, so much. I think, she said the whole scripture. I remember hearing the whole verse.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 pm

I think that there was not enough good wheat to make the harvest successful to provide for all the needs of the families. I think what Caroline and the other women did was just to salvage what remained, which was helpful, but probably not enough like what would have happened if there was a normal wheat crop.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Buttercup wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Thank you, so much. I think, she said the whole scripture. I remember hearing the whole verse.

She left out "in the field". I only know because I checked my DVDs earlier today to hear what verse she'd referenced. "THE 100 MILE WALK" 70708
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : "THE 100 MILE WALK" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:42 pm

I think what the women did was good.They tired and worked so hard.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "THE 100 MILE WALK"   "THE 100 MILE WALK" Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE 100 MILE WALK"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next