Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)

Go down 
+13
littlehouselover
Davetucson
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Vanesa
Gin
Shell
Honeybee
jes9
Savannah
Carol
Lily
ChristinaAL
LM
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Party010

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Empty
PostSubject: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 1:07 am

Hi, all.

On the other board, Danny3894 began a topic "Carrie's Bedroom" where we discussed whether there was any privacy for Charles and Caroline becuase of where Carrie's bed was.

I'd wondered about that too, and this is my reply -

I've wondered about her bedroom too.

But I was watching the other day, and while Caroline was crying in bed alone because she was worried about and missing Laura and Charles, Carrie walked from what's supposed to be her bedroom, into the main room, pass the ladder and into her parent's room.

So, that makes me wonder if there wasn't a wall there anyway, or at least a curtain to divide to two beds.

BTW - It was the episode where Alisha had 'the fever' (scarlett?) and Laura though she had it too, but it was poison oak or ivy. Charles had to swim/sneak his way into the place Dr. Baker was helping others in another town.

To see what others had to say, click the link below. I hope it opens for you.

http://p2.forumforfree.com/carries-bedroom-vt2393-lhotp.html?start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Have a good one!
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 9:43 am

I always thought she had her own tiny beedroom.
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 11:02 pm

Yeah, me too, pretty much.
I thought it looked like a short hallway, or a walk-in closet, but it was her bedroom. Hee hee!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 4:24 pm

I was always under the impression that her bed was in C&C's room, which was a little odd at best. I always wondered where they "hid" Grace when she was a toddler and Laura and Albert were still in the loft, before Carrie moved up there when Laura was married. LOL.[/b]

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) ChristinaKeeper2 Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 2:57 pm

Carrie and C&C shared the bedroom which was behind the fireplace, except C&C's bed is by the kitchen area, Carrie's bed is by the front door area. One thing I always wondered was why Charles never finished the wall covering around Carrie's bed, you see the exposed wood planks.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 1:39 am

I have no idea of where Grace slept. I wish I did know. Maybe her bed was supposed to be beside C&C's. Hmmm.

I've always wondered if it wouldn't have been just as easy for Charles to build the main room a little larger and put up a curtain (if he couldn't build or buy a door) for L&M's bedroom, rather than build a loft. The loft seems like it was harder work. He could have used the same amount of wood he used to build an upper floor to build about a 10ft longer area of space in the main room. I'm so glad I wasn't in their shoes; having to climb a ladder for all those years. I'm such a wimp
. :shy:

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 1:54 pm

LM wrote:
I have no idea of where Grace slept. I wish I did know. Maybe her bed was supposed to be beside C&C's. Hmmm.

I've always wondered if it wouldn't have been just as easy for Charles to build the main room a little larger and put up a curtain (if he couldn't build or buy a door) for L&M's bedroom, rather than build a loft. The loft seems like it was harder work. He could have used the same amount of wood he used to build an upper floor to build about a 10ft longer area of space in the main room. I'm so glad I wasn't in their shoes; having to climb a ladder for all those years. I'm such a wimp

I wouldn't have liked that either! LOL. In one episode where Laura is sick and Doc Baker comes to check on her, he bangs his head trying to climb down the ladder. 🤢 That couldn't have been fun.

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) ChristinaKeeper2 Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 2:24 pm

The little house really needed to be expanded lol

In 'The Christmas They Never Forgot'... can you imagine where everyone slept? I think Caroline stayed asleep in her chair as well as several others...

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Horses10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 12:29 am

ChristinaAL wrote:
LM wrote:

I wouldn't have liked that either! LOL. In one episode where Laura is sick and Doc Baker comes to check on her, he bangs his head trying to climb down the ladder. 🤢 That couldn't have been fun.

LOL!

Poor Doc Baker. Ya know, that's probably why Charles and Caroline didn't go up there too often later into the show. They were tired of bumping their heads. :haha:

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 12:46 am

Carol wrote:

In 'The Christmas They Never Forgot'... can you imagine where everyone slept? I think Caroline stayed asleep in her chair as well as several others...

OMGoodness! I don't think I'll ever figure out that puzzle. Geeez! OhMy It was bad enough that I had to watch that ep about 50 times before I realized that some of the kids were sitting on the ladder to the loft. I couldn't find them. :haha:

I remember Charles slept w/ his head on the table, and maybe Almanzo did too. I don't recall where Adam was. In the dog house, perhaps?
:shifty:
Mary and Laura took C&C's bed, Hester-Sue took Albert's, Caroline was in the rocking chair (I think), and...um... Huh? Okay, Albert used to sleep on padding on the floor after carrie moved to the loft; I remember that when Laura left Almanzo for a bit. So, James wasn't there at that time, was he? :think: Anyway, Hester-Sue would have slept on the paddding.
Since this was after the Cooper kids moved in, I guess the four younger girls slept in the loft bed where Hester-Sue was on the padding, and the two boys were...were... Aaarggghh! banghead This puzzle! I can't do it, I tell ya! I can't do it!
bawling bawling
:haha:

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 12:51 am

Laughing I'm telling you, it's one of those unexplained mysteries grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 1:07 am

You're soooo right, Carol!
They should make some new eps of "Unsolved Mysteries" just for that!
It should be a part of "TVLand's Myths & Legends".
Laughing

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 1:52 pm

They may have had a trundle bed for Grace - though it was never shown, or hinted at. But it was pretty popular in that era to use one for the littlest ones in the family. Or, she could have slept with Carrie. As for where everyone slept in The Christmas They Never Forgot . . . . well, why do you think they never forgot it?? Everyone remembered how hard it was to find a place to sleep!Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 3:20 pm

Savannah wrote:
As for where everyone slept in The Christmas They Never Forgot . . . . well, why do you think they never forgot it?? Everyone remembered how hard it was to find a place to sleep!Laughing

Aint it the truth! :haha:

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 4:39 pm

LM wrote:
Carol wrote:

OMGoodness! I don't think I'll ever figure out that puzzle. Geeez! OhMy It was bad enough that I had to watch that ep about 50 times before I realized that some of the kids were sitting on the ladder to the loft. I couldn't find them. :haha:

I remember Charles slept w/ his head on the table, and maybe Almanzo did too. I don't recall where Adam was. In the dog house, perhaps?
:shifty:
Mary and Laura took C&C's bed, Hester-Sue took Albert's, Caroline was in the rocking chair (I think), and...um... Huh? Okay, Albert used to sleep on padding on the floor after carrie moved to the loft; I remember that when Laura left Almanzo for a bit. So, James wasn't there at that time, was he? :think: Anyway, Hester-Sue would have slept on the paddding.
Since this was after the Cooper kids moved in, I guess the four younger girls slept in the loft bed where Hester-Sue was on the padding, and the two boys were...were... Aaarggghh! banghead This puzzle! I can't do it, I tell ya! I can't do it!
bawling bawling

I think all the children (Carrie, Cassadandra, James, Albert) all slept in the loft like normal, but Hester Sue took Albert's bed and he sle[t on the floor. Laura and Mary had Charles and Caroline's bed and I guess Grace had hers too...so that left Adam,Almanzo, Caroline, and Laura to sleep in the kitchen I remember. That can't have been very pleasant! LOL.

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 9:40 pm

Okay, the older guys slept in the kitchen. I can go with that. But Laura was sharing C&C's bed w/ Mary. Remember? Or did she sneak off into the kitchen to be with Manly? LOL! Oh, right...no privacy. :shifty:

Where was Bandit at this time? Was he still alive? OMGoodness, he couldn't have been out in that blizzard!
OhMy

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 9:47 pm

Savannah wrote:
They may have had a trundle bed for Grace - though it was never shown, or hinted at. But it was pretty popular in that era to use one for the littlest ones in the family. Or, she could have slept with Carrie. As for where everyone slept in The Christmas They Never Forgot . . . . well, why do you think they never forgot it?? Everyone remembered how hard it was to find a place to sleep!Laughing

Ah, a Trundle bed. Yep, could be the answer.

Your explanation for them never forgetting....

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 1:42 am

LM wrote:

Where was Bandit at this time? Was he still alive? OMGoodness, he couldn't have been out in that blizzard!
OhMy

Now that's a good question! LOL, it seems like they had Bandit in the show whenever the storyline featured him (ie: Albert's doghouse and such), but then he conveniently went missing when he wasn't. Wonder where they kept him in Winoka? I doubt Mr. Standish would stand for a dog being in his hotel, LOL. And what about when the Ingalls left WG all together? Hmm...

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 11:05 pm

Quote :
it seems like they had Bandit in the show whenever the storyline featured him (ie: Albert's doghouse and such), but then he conveniently went missing when he wasn't.

Yeah, it seems like Bandit was in the doghouse, figuratively and literally in the later seasons, after being featured prominently in season 4. He saved the girls and Andy Garvey from the pack of wild dogs and this is the thanks he gets?! If I recall correctly, I think Bandit did appear briefly in A Christmas They Never Forgot. Everyone was going around the table agreeing on something. Bandit stuck his head above the table and barked, and Charles said, "I guess that makes it unanimous." Or maybe that was some other episode.

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 11:43 pm

Hi, ChristinaAL and jes9. Wave

OMGoodness! Mr. Standish. Aaack! I couldn't stand him! LOL!

I thought I remember Bandit following the wagon into Winoka, but I can't be sure. If he did, where did he go? Like you said, ChristinaAL, Standish wouldn't have gone for a dog staying in the hotel. Maybe Bandit slept in the nearest horse corral. LOL! Poor ignored doggie. He's only wanted to save lives and deliver messages. He's not Lassie! LOL!
I'd like to know too, where he was when everyone left WG. Hmmm.

jes9. It seems I remember that scene w/ Bandit under the table too, but I'm thinking it's from another episode too. Maybe this weekend I'll watch the Christmas ep to be sure. I'm curious.

Take care.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:28 am

LOL, you guys & gals, are cracking me up. What about the shed. Where they store foods & other supplies. Charles dad slept in there. So, did the black boy, Solomon, & the Indians hiding in there.

The Christmas They Never Forgot (Didn't they still had that shed?)

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Carrie's bed looked like it was about 5 feet if that far from the foot of Charles&Caroline's bed. Charles should have put a curtain up. Reguarding Grace, she was probably at the foot of C&C's bed and probably started sleeping in Carrie's old bed when Carrie moved up into the loft. It is strange that Charles didn't finish covering the wood on the wall by Carrie's bed. Charles could have made their room bigger.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Well, if he had added on...it wouldn't have been the "Little House"....SO, everyone just shuffled around when someone else moved in or out. I've found that's kind of what we do here at mine....lol

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Spanky wrote:
Carrie's bed looked like it was about 5 feet if that far from the foot of Charles&Caroline's bed. Charles should have put a curtain up. Reguarding Grace, she was probably at the foot of C&C's bed and probably started sleeping in Carrie's old bed when Carrie moved up into the loft. It is strange that Charles didn't finish covering the wood on the wall by Carrie's bed. Charles could have made their room bigger.

Good point. Yes. I think it's the only explanation we can find about this little mistery... grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:45 am

Carol wrote:

often wondered how many chamber pots they had.....I mean that one Christmas the snow was up to the second floor......ewwww
I am so glad I didn't live back then. House must have smelled.....couple that with no showering or deodorant. thud

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) Empty

Back to top Go down

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next