Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)

Go down 
+13
littlehouselover
Davetucson
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Vanesa
Gin
Shell
Honeybee
jes9
Savannah
Carol
Lily
ChristinaAL
LM
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Goodsi10

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:48 am

Spanky wrote:
Carrie's bed looked like it was about 5 feet if that far from the foot of Charles&Caroline's bed. Charles should have put a curtain up. Reguarding Grace, she was probably at the foot of C&C's bed and probably started sleeping in Carrie's old bed when Carrie moved up into the loft. It is strange that Charles didn't finish covering the wood on the wall by Carrie's bed. Charles could have made their room bigger.

lol.....that always bothered me too.

There is a couple of episodes where Laura and Mary are in their loft and there are large cracks in the roof.....which means that if it rained or snowed out poor mary would have gotten wet

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:50 am

Speaking of bedrooms.....does anyone else think it's creepy that laura and albert shared a room. I think Carrie should have moved up with Laura and Albert sleep in Carries room. Carrie was old enough at that time to climb the ladder. Very odd

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:26 pm

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
Speaking of bedrooms.....does anyone else think it's creepy that laura and albert shared a room. I think Carrie should have moved up with Laura and Albert sleep in Carries room. Carrie was old enough at that time to climb the ladder. Very odd
I agree. It is creepy that Laura and Albert shared a room.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Spanky wrote:
Carrie's bed looked like it was about 5 feet if that far from the foot of Charles&Caroline's bed. Charles should have put a curtain up. Reguarding Grace, she was probably at the foot of C&C's bed and probably started sleeping in Carrie's old bed when Carrie moved up into the loft. It is strange that Charles didn't finish covering the wood on the wall by Carrie's bed. Charles could have made their room bigger.

lol.....that always bothered me too.

There is a couple of episodes where Laura and Mary are in their loft and there are large cracks in the roof.....which means that if it rained or snowed out poor mary would have gotten wet
That and not to mention the roof/ceiling was low. I'm surprised they didn't bump their head when the got to the top of the latter. Dr.Baker bumped his head on the ceiling in Mr.Edwards Homecoming.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: CARRIE   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Should have let that handyman add another room while he was there.
Carolyn wouldn't have minded!
Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Loft10

Last edited by Davetucson on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Spanky wrote:

Not exactly "creepy", but it's quite weird. My brother and I shared our bedroom until he married, but we were biological siblings...I think things are not the same when you adopt a boy who is already big and raised himself between orphanages and the cruel wolrd of the street... Huh?

Vanesa.

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Remember the blanket folks. Hung up between Albert and Laura? You are dragging your 21st century thoughts into the 19th century........besides, it was probably easier to film scenes between Laura and Albert in one room. If she would have had to climb down that ladder every time she had a scene with Albert, it wouldn't have worked.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Spanky wrote:

Not exactly "creepy", but it's quite weird. My brother and I shared our bedroom until he married, but we were biological siblings...I think things are not the same when you adopt a boy who is already big and raised himself between orphanages and the cruel wolrd of the street... Huh?

Vanesa.

Big? Albert was 11 years old and laura 14 years old when they met.

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 No_pla10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:24 am

I always wondered about Carries room but one day they showed Carrie while Caroline was in bed and you could see her room...maybe there was a slight wall, but she could come into their room if she wanted too....a bit creepy if they ever had sex, but maybe they hung a sheet Smile There was always someone there..if not Carrie, Grace.
I could see wanting to see your child, but privacy was very minimal in that house.

Many one room homes or 2 room homes existed back then, I always wondered how they had any privacy especially as they got older.
I think they wanted to keep it the "Little House" because that is what it was and Laura's house (although she didn't stay there long) but in reality bulding a room wouldn't have cost all that much, I'm sure Mr Hanson would have given Charles a break on the wood and it could have been small..anything would have been better than nothing. That said, without a fireplace nearby, winter would have been awful so he/she would have had to move closer to the fire.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Sleeping Arrangements   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 6:09 am

I know it's been discussed how close Carrie's bed was to Charles and Caroline's, things like that, but did they ever say where Grace slept after she outgrew the cradle? To my recollection, Carrie didn't move upstairs and if she did, did they ever show her there>
When Albert came, he had the floor, when James and Cassandra came, did Carrie and Cassandra move upstairs and the boys on the floor?

I was watching later episodes but after the last additions came, bed scenes didn't seem to be shown.

Doesn't effect the scripts, just curious...a lot of bodies and 2 childrens beds. lol
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 6:32 am

I know in When the Ingalls family moved to Mankato, Carrie excitedly exclaims, "I get to sleep with Laura just like Mary used too" But I honestly can't remember when and where anyone slept later. Carrie couldn't have stayed in that little bed, but there wasn't to my recollection, any scenes with her talking (God forbid) to Cassandra at night, things like that up in the loft.

t
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 am

I believe there is a scene in Laura Ingalls Wilder where Albert and Pa are talking. Albert is excited to have the loft to himself when Laura gets married, and Pa says that they are going to move Carrie up in the loft with him when Laura moves out.

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 am

Davetucson wrote:
Vanesa wrote:
Spanky wrote:

Not exactly "creepy", but it's quite weird. My brother and I shared our bedroom until he married, but we were biological siblings...I think things are not the same when you adopt a boy who is already big and raised himself between orphanages and the cruel world of the street... Huh?

Vanesa.

Big? Albert was 11 years old and laura 14 years old when they met.

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 No_pla10

I always thought that was strange. Plus Albert always complained about Laura's snoring, so I don't think he would have minded. but I guess you had to have that for the scenes at bedtime. Also, maybe Carrie liked having her own room? Idk, but I'm sure they had their reasons. The Ingalls were smart peoples.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Carrie's bed was really only about a foot from their bed..you can see it in the Godsister I think when Charles is reading to Carrie, he's sitting on her bed and you can see his bed's foot board.
Another time, when Grace is born, he goes by Carries bed when he comes in the house instead of going in on the right side of the fireplace and again, it was so close. I always thought a curtain for privacy even from the kitchen would have helped a "real" child sleep, the noise, lights, must have been a bother.

I don't ever remember Cassandra in any room upstairs, I'm assuming she slept in Laura's bed with Carrie and James and Albert bunked behind the curtain.

A little close for comfort since they weren't all biological siblings and as another poster stated, the smells from the dirty, sweaty clothes must have been awful. You didn't wash often and they didn't have many outfits...one thing Karen Grassle said they made less gritty in the show. No one wants to see that aspect of the 1800s. : )
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 6:25 pm

In "Growin' Pains" There is a scene with Albert and James at bedtime, and Albert is in the bed, and James is on the floor by the bed. I guess Carrie would be behind the curtain and Grace and Cassandra in the bed downstairs? Maybe Cassandra was downstairs and Carrie And Grace were upstairs. Something like that. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 6:51 pm

LOL, there was not enough room for Carrie in that bed when she got past 5, I doubt that. It was like a toddler bed in our day. I guess, as they show went on, they didn't care about things like that, but it does matter, you want the show to seem realistic.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:05 pm

As I recall, after Laura got married, Albert got the bed by the window, and Carrie was in the loft behind the curtain, where Albert was originally. I think there is a scene where Carrie has a splinter in her finger and Albert removes it and reads Carrie a bedtime story. When James and Cassandra move in, I think James slept on the floor by Albert and Cassandra slept on the floor by Carrie, but I could be wrong about that.

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Oh, so there was always just one bed in the loft..well, crowded but they didn't play up there, it was mainly for working/sleeping, but poor Carrie, they should have left Albert and James on the floor and the girls in the bed. : )
Back to top Go down
CarrieandCassandraFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 43
Mood : Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Carrie's Bedroom   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 1:04 am

From Season's 1-6 Carrie, slept in her own bed in front of Ma and Pa.

In Season 7, Carrie moved to the loft with Albert when Almanzo and Laura got married. Grace, slept in Carrie's old bed. When James and Cassandra came along, they slept in the loft with Carrie and Albert until Season 8.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)   Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carrie's Bedroom (from the old board)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2