Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twilight anyone?

Go down 
+8
laurasangel
Gin
emilyanneoftheprairie
ChristinaAL
Savannah
Carol
Trixie
Prairie Wind
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 11:28 pm

Ok. I'll admit that I have an obsession with the Twilght series by Stephenie Meyer. I know that the books are...out there, if there's a way to describe them...but their really good! Anyone else read these books? I hope I'm not alone here...
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 6:05 am

Hi, Lauren!

I'm on facebook so I hear about the series there but I had to Google it today to become fully informed. grinsmiley Twilight doesn't sound like my type of thing but I couldn't help but notice that it is supposed to take place in Forks Washington. Poor Washington. It always gets freaky activity tacked on it! I've been to Forks- stayed at a beach cabin with my mom there... I almost moved there in my teen years, too. Anyway, go on facebook and you'll find some fans there- that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 7:55 am

When my cousin told me about the books and that I had to read them, I though she was CRAZY! I'm no really into books like that and my mom never let me read Harry Potter(not that I wanted to). Everone in my school was talking about the book. All of my friends, my English teacher, and our Librarian(they're her fav. books). So I decided to check it out and I LOVED it! Still alone here? HELP!!!!
Back to top Go down
Trixie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Trixie

Number of posts : 425
Mood : Twilight anyone? Confus10

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 3:58 pm

I've read the books. They're extremely well written but I simply do not like the whole plot. I'm not into vampires and such. At my college, you can't find anyone who hasn't read the books. I'm just about the only person who dislikes them. . .
The books are fantastic though. This quote is totally awesome, too. =]

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a stupid lamb."
"What a sick, masochistic lion."

[I'm obsessed with the books yet I can't stand them.]

I heard they were going to make a movie. . .Gaspard Ulliel is going to be my Edward Cullen though.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Twilight anyone? Happy010

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Yes, I actually just saw the trailer for Twilight, that's the only reason I thought you were talking about vampires. Here is the trailer.

Twilight anyone? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Oh- My -Goodness!!
No thanks!!!!
help

(It does look like my Washington, though.)
☮

Uh... Have fun (?) Lauren! :think: :unsure: batEyes
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Twilight anyone? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:05 pm

A few of my friends are OBSESSED with those books. But they aren't my thing.

Oh, and Carol? That trailer is CREEPY! YIKES!
Back to top Go down

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 5:07 pm

Ok, I just have to say this. I actually think the trailer is creepy too. The movie doesn't really look all that great to me even though I love the books. It looks alot more gothic to me than anything from the book. I guess I'm still alone here...
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:27 pm

You can still talk about them and we'll listen. grinsmiley I may not know what you're talking about - but I'll listen. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:39 pm

Awww...Thanks! I guess I am alone here, but I can babble away anyway. Cool
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Aw... sorry, Lauren. batEyes

I know what it's like to want someone to share your fun.
I bet there's a discussion board out there....

Twilight anyone? Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 10:49 pm

Since there are no Edward fans here I guess it's safe to say that I actually don't care for Edward that much. If I said that at a discussion board, fans would try to kill me! They can get pretty mean! Nahh...I think I'll just stay here.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 10:51 pm

LOL! I know what you mean. Some boards can tend to be a bit obsessive about certain characters. But feel free to air your dislike for Edward here. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:34 pm

Savannah wrote:

I have to agree. I've heard a lot about the books. If I can manage to borrow one or find a used copy of one somewhere, I may give it a try, but it doesn't really seem like something I'd be into.

Twilight anyone? ChristinaKeeper2 Twilight anyone? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 3:20 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
Savannah wrote:

I have to agree. I've heard a lot about the books. If I can manage to borrow one or find a used copy of one somewhere, I may give it a try, but it doesn't really seem like something I'd be into.

I spoke too soon. A month after saying that, I'm halfway through the third book, Eclipse. The books are actually better than I thought they would be, they really don't scare me that much! LOL. I only started reading Twilight to read along with a friend, but I got hooked! I can't wait to see the movie, even though the trailer does still look a little creepy. So if you ever want to discuss the books, Lauren, feel free to PM me...just be forewarned that I'm a bit of an Edward fan grinsmiley LOL.

Twilight anyone? ChristinaKeeper2 Twilight anyone? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 3:14 pm

I keep hearing about the books and movies! I must say i don't think id like thses books too much they are not my thing!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:50 pm

A teacher friend of mine just sent me an email, telling me how many kids in her school are wild about these books. (She teaches 7th grade) She said, though, that one of her students said to her "I don't know what's so big about this Twilight book. I mean, if you go out with a vampire, you're going to get bitten. DUH."

Twilight anyone? 85958 I LOVED that!

Last edited by Savannah on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:24 pm

well at first i never heard about it. then i heard vampires and i was like noo way. my friend loves them though so i keep hearing about it. they sound interesting but i do not think that i will read them. it has a lot of detail i know that much.

Twilight anyone? Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Twilight anyone? Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Twilight anyone? Love-s10

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:39 pm

SO far my kids haven't sounded too interested in this. Although my youngest loves scary, mystery books. SO time will tell....

Twilight anyone? Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
laurasangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
laurasangel

Number of posts : 13
Mood : Twilight anyone? 5_sad10

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:30 am

has anyone here ever entertained the thought of Carlisle visiting Walnut Grove or De Smet since he was turned in the 1600's?

"she shall be free and welcome to explore the Galaxy i have reclaimed for our species" Imperator Jeremy on the fate of Laura Ingalls Wilder

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power, nothing else matters" Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Twilight anyone? Headac10

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Never read the books..They don't look instersting to me..

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
laurasangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
laurasangel

Number of posts : 13
Mood : Twilight anyone? 5_sad10

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:27 pm

well i believe that all fictions whether books, TV's, movies or derived from history might be connected to each other

"she shall be free and welcome to explore the Galaxy i have reclaimed for our species" Imperator Jeremy on the fate of Laura Ingalls Wilder

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power, nothing else matters" Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Ok, I finally got around to starting the series of books (I have seen 2 of the movies) and I have to say that they explain a lot that I didn't understand in the movies. I finished "Twilight" tonight & plan to check out the next one tomorrow. I agree that the books are well written and I am looking forward to continuing the story. I have to say that Bella gets on my nerves in the book & I don't care for the way she used Jacob.

Reading the books I understand his attitude when they first met, his family's reaction to her & the ball game.

Twilight anyone? HummerTwilight anyone? MistiKeeperTwilight anyone? Bookclub5Twilight anyone? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Twilight anyone? Love-s10

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Yep, keep reading Misti! It just gets better and better! Great series....let me know when you're all done (I flew through all the books, they are such page-turners!). I'll be curious as to how you would 'rate' each one. I'm pretty sure I rated my favorites as 1,2,4 and then 3. I think....it's been awhile! They're all good though. Twilight anyone? 70708
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Twilight anyone? Mornincoffee

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 12:23 am

i never really admit it through edward fans but i really like jackob. i'm a fan of jackob.
i love his long hair. and short. omg. maria
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twilight anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight anyone?   Twilight anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight anyone?
Page 1 of 1