Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twilight: the Movie

Go down 
+2
Amy
ChristinaAL
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Twilight: the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:34 pm

Just wondering if anyone has seen the movie Twilight yet? I went over the weekend, and having read the books I wasn't expecting the movie to be as good - it rarely ever is, IMO. But I thought they did a pretty good job. The cast was great, and I thought it followed the book pretty accurately for the most part, without giving away any details. Has anyone seen it or are planning to see it? What are your thoughts? Wink

Twilight: the Movie ChristinaKeeper2 Twilight: the Movie 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Twilight: the Movie Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:50 pm

I have twin 14 year old nieces who talked my sister into reading the book, who now says I just have to read it too! My sister read it in a weekend---she said she couldn't put it down! So I suppose eventually I'll be seeing this movie too! Wink My niece said that she thought the character of Edward wasn't cast right, that he's nothing like the character in the book, physically. What do you think?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Twilight: the Movie Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 2:21 am

My daughter, Mel who is 15, has read the first two books and waiting for the third and fourth to come out. She saw the movie Sunday night and really liked it.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Twilight: the Movie Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 4:04 am

My daughter is avidly awaiting the release of the movie here in Britain on 19th December. She too read the book in a weekend - the quickest, I think, she's ever read a book!

Twilight: the Movie MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 12:17 pm

I have not read the books... but I'm going to check out the movie Movie Popcorn

Twilight: the Movie Horses10
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 9:36 pm

i had never heard of it until now. what is it about?

Twilight: the Movie Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Twilight: the Movie Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 11:28 pm

I think it's about vampires, one in particular that falls in love with a female human.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:34 am

o wow. that sounds different.

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:07 pm

She likes books and movies about vampires, not real ones. If it were real ones she was fascinated with, I would be worried.

Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 1:35 pm

oic. my one friend likes it but, she is likes that kind of weird stuff.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 9:57 pm

Alice wrote:
She likes books and movies about vampires, not real ones. If it were real ones she was fascinated with, I would be worried.

ROTFL That's a good point, Alice. Twilight is different because it shows vampires in a totally different way than they're usually portrayed, as far as I know. The Cullen family in the book is genuinely good, but there are also "bad" vampires in the books, and there is a theme of good vs. evil too. And their humanistic qualities are shown, too.

Amy, as far as the casting of Edward in the movie, initially I thought that too, based on his appearance alone. But I am actually re-reading the book now, and see that the casting is closer than I initially thought. I thought the same way about the actress who portrayed Bella too, but I think from reading all 4 books, I had my own images in my head of what the characters looked like - kind of the same as Little House. Just my opinion :)

Twilight: the Movie ChristinaKeeper2 Twilight: the Movie 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight: the Movie   Twilight: the Movie Empty

Back to top Go down

Twilight: the Movie
Page 1 of 1