Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries

Go down 
+3
ChristinaAL
Carol
LM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Party010

"The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Empty
PostSubject: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 1:19 am

Wave

In "The Wolves" Mary hears the wild dogs and grabs Carrie by the arm; running full force toward the barn and the two girls apparently lose thier footing and fall.

Well, as hard as Carrie fell, I've always wondered if she (Lindsey or Sidney) was really hurt. It looked so painful when they hit, and Carrie's leg flew into the air while she kinda skidded across the dusty ground. The fall didn't look like it was intentional, either. No
I mean, they could have written it in the script for them to stumble and/or fall, but as hard as they fell, it looks very much to me like it was a real accident. I watched with my VCR in slow mo speed, and it looks like Melissa Sue's foot clipped that of Lindsey or Sidney.

Does anyone know if the twin and/or Melissa Sue were injured in that fall? I hope not.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 11:14 am

Yes, that fall did look very real and like it really hurt.

"The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Horses10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 11:05 pm

Well, I hope they weren't hurt. Maybe someone can give us more details on the topic.

Take care.

Wave
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 4:22 pm

I really don't know anything about it, but it really did look accidental (and painful) to me as well. I always thought it looked like MSA fell and dragged LSG down with her. But I do remember reading in an interview with the twins that Carrie's fall in the opening credits was unintentional also - that the little girl had her shoes on the wrong feet and fell, and she sort of looks off to the side, as if for direction of what to do now and what I remember reading was that they kept it in b/c it looked cute (which I think it does too) :)

"The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries ChristinaKeeper2 "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 5:20 pm

Yes, that fall in the hill does look cute.

"The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Horses10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 11:33 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
I really don't know anything about it, but it really did look accidental (and painful) to me as well. I always thought it looked like MSA fell and dragged LSG down with her. But I do remember reading in an interview with the twins that Carrie's fall in the opening credits was unintentional also - that the little girl had her shoes on the wrong feet and fell, and she sort of looks off to the side, as if for direction of what to do now and what I remember reading was that they kept it in b/c it looked cute (which I think it does too) :)

Yeah, it does look like Melissa went down first. If it was really her fault, I'm sure she must have felt awful for bringing L/S down with her. Blue I'm sure I would have.

I love that scene where Carrie falls while running down the hill. I remember my mom saying that it looked like she got a little scared and decided it'd be best to walk down, and that she didn't think she was meant to fall. I agree that it does look like she's looking for direction on what to do after falling. The walking was just the thing. It worked out great, IMO. Thumbsup

Thank for the info about her shoes. I've never heard of that. Interesting to know. :CoolSign:

Take care.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
"The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 3:00 pm

I thought the fall was also painful for Carrie, looked like Mary was pulling her very hard. I thought the twins (whichever one who played the role) was very brave, she still kept up her role.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 1:42 am

Yeah, I tried to see if there was any editing after the fall, but it looks like they kept going without anyone yelling "Cut!" Great job, girls!! Thumbsup

"The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 am

I hope no one was hurt.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 pm

is this the esp were laura and andy take care of the wolves in the barn when laura's parents are away? When mary is in charge of the house?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:37 pm

I believe it is.

"The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:54 am

I think mary seemed a little power hungry in this esp.I know and understand that she was in charge.But she could of lighted up a bit.Yes i agree the fall did look pain. MAry did a good job keeping the wolves away.They must of been so scared/

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries EmptyTue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 pm

Just watched this episode tonight. It had been a very long time since I ever remember seeing it, although I must have seen it before. I did have some memories about it, like thinking that the mother wolf was going to have to fight the dogs. But oh boy, was this one ever traumatic! It was almost like a horror movie, with heart-pounding action and terror. Of course, I knew none of the kids were going to get attacked by the wild dogs and die, but still seeing Mary have to fight them off like that was frightening. I was thinking that it was good she had not yet gone blind. She was rather bossy, but in the end, her quick thinking and take-action attitude were what saved them all. She was the one who knew they should not go out in the dark even though it may have seemed like the wild dogs were gone.

Something that I did find rather cheezy was "sending Bandit to get Mr. Garvey." Is this LHOTP or Lassie? But I guess Bandit is able to understand English since he accomplished his task. It also kind of reminds me of how Jack went to get Laura and Mary when Carrie fell in the mine shaft in LITTLE GIRL LOST. Those Ingalls' dogs are sure smart!

So there were multiple heroes in this one: the mother wolf, Bandit, Mary, and Mr. Garvey!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries   "The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Wolves" When Mary & Carrie fell. Injuries
Page 1 of 1