Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?

Go down 
+9
Kathleen Marie
Lori
Toby
Debbie
EllieJane
Lily
edwina
emilyanneoftheprairie
Misti
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Happy010

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Empty
PostSubject: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? grinsmiley C'mon, y'all! Let's show our ages!

Go here:_Http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm_

(http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm)

Let's see what the music range is!

Misti - "I'm A Believer" by the Monkees
David - "Love Me Do" by the Beatles
Damis - "Black or White" by Michael Jackson
Shiloh - "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? HummerDo you know the #1 song the day you were born? MistiKeeperDo you know the #1 song the day you were born? Bookclub5Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 7:16 pm

Cool, Emilyanne! I looked at my "song" and boy, did I feel old! SmileyCentral.com

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? HummerDo you know the #1 song the day you were born? MistiKeeperDo you know the #1 song the day you were born? Bookclub5Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Party010

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 9:23 pm

1975 ... "Fallin' in Love" by Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EdwinaKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 9:52 pm

"Truly" by Lionel Richie (1982)

i feel really young lol ROTFL

Last edited by sweetheart on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:45 pm

"In the Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)" by Zager & Evans

I've never even heard of this song nor the people sang it. Huh? But anyway, this same song hit #1 again 10 days after I was born, which was Pam's birthday. I remember once, we got all excited because we thought we share the same birthday. :haha:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Scared10

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:48 pm

... "I Swear" by All-4-One
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 9:12 am

"Magic" by Olivia Newton-John
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 11:56 am

Lily wrote:

I've never even heard of this song nor the people sang it. Huh? But anyway, this same song hit #1 again 10 days after I was born, which was Pam's birthday. I remember once, we got all excited because we thought we share the same birthday. :haha:

I had never heard it so I looked it up! Here's some facts about it, Lily! Wave

And, the song! Sorry, no music video but the song with images!

In the Year 2525 (Exordium and Terminus)" opens with the words "In the year 2525, If man is still alive, If woman can survive, They may find...". Subsequent verses pick up the story at 1010-year intervals from 2525 to 6565. Disturbing predictions are given for each selected year. In the year 3535, for example, all of a person's actions, words and thoughts will be preprogrammed into a daily pill. Then the pattern as well as the music changes, going up a half step in the key of the song, after two stanzas, first from A Flat Minor, to A Minor, and, then, finally, to B Flat Minor, and verses for the years 7510, 8510 and 9595 follow.

The song has no chorus. Amid ominous-sounding orchestral music, the final dated chronological verse is, In the year 9595, I'm kinda wonderin' if Man is gonna be alive. He's taken everything this old Earth can give, and he ain't put back nothing, whoa-whoa..., making specific the underlying environmental message of the song. The summary verse concludes: Now it's been 10,000 years, Man has cried a billion tears, For what, he never knew. Now man's reign is through. But through eternal night, The twinkling of starlight. So very far away, Maybe it's only yesterday.), before the song effectively "starts over" with the first verse again and then fades out, leaving open the possibility that "we went through this before," and life is now at the start of another cycle.

The overriding theme, of a world doomed by its passive acquiescence to and overdependence on its own overdone technologies, struck a resonant chord in millions of people around the world in the 1960s.

The song describes a nightmarish vision of the future as man's technological inventions gradually dehumanize him. It includes a colloquial reference to the Second Coming (In the year 7510, if God's a' coming, He ought to make it by then.), which echoed the zeitgeist of the Jesus Movement. The song also references examples of technologies that were not fully developed but were known to the public in 1969, such as robots, as well as future technology that would come into existence long after being prophesied in the song, the science of test tube babies and genetic selection by parents of their future children. Such a concept had been explored in a few science fiction novels but had not yet been mentioned in the mainstream media until "In The Year 2525" was released in 1969.

It is not typical for a recording artist to have a number one hit single and then never have another chart single for the rest of their career. "In the Year 2525" gave Zager and Evans this dubious status twice. They were, and remain, the only act to do this in both the U.S. and UK singles charts. Their followup single on RCA-Victor, "Mr. Turnkey" (a song about a rapist who nails his own wrist to the wall as punishment for his crime), failed to chart.

The song has been covered many times. One notable version is by the UK new romantic group Visage; another version was used as the theme song for the short-lived science fiction series Cleopatra 2525. It is also featured in both parts of the two-part second season finale of Millennium where a man-made virus is threatening to wipe out humanity. The Slovenian industrial group Laibach edited the lyrics in their cover version to make it appropriate for 1994's NATO album. There was also a dance cover of this song by The Act featuring Clinton III in 1993. More recently, it was covered by the gothic rock band Fields of the Nephilim, and by the electronic body music band Project Pitchfork (album Dhyani, 1991).

In the 1992 movie Alien³, a prisoner is heard singing a line or two of the song while scraping the inside of a ventilator shaft, shortly before he is attacked by a juvenile Xenomorph and subsequently diced by a large ventilation fan. The movie takes place a few hundred years after the 20th century.

Oddly, the song appeared on the list of songs deemed inappropriate by Clear Channel following the September 11, 2001 attacks. Although it would seem the only connection to the terrorist attacks is the song's apocalyptic tone, one could say that the unnecessarily widespread dissemination of a dangerous technology—jet aircraft flight knowledge—led to the attacks, playing into the song's anti-technology theme.

The song still receives regular airplay on many radio stations. It is often featured as bumper music on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. "In The Year 2525" was one of the 10 biggest singles of the 1960s in the United States, although it didn't neatly fit into any of the main categories of rock music. Upon release by RCA in 1969, it quickly became a multi-million-seller.

According to Jimmy Guterman and Owen O'Donnell, authors of The Worst Rock and Roll Records of All Time (1991), who place the song at number six on their list of the 50 worst rock-and-roll singles, "science fiction and rock and roll don't mix any better than Zsa Zsa Gabor and reality". Others differ, calling the one-hit wonder "prophetic".

Trivia
The song was at the top of the Billboard magazine Hot 100 charts when Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon.
Dalida recorded this song with slightly different lyrics in French ("L'an 2005")in 1969.

Caterina Caselli recorded this song in Italian ("Nel 2023") in 1969.

The song was referenced in The Simpsons, when Lisa is seen reading a psychic magazine with a cover headline "The year 2525: Were Zager & Evans right?"

It was also referenced in the first Sci-Fi channel MST3K episode, Revenge of the Creature, when Professor Bobo reveals it's the year 2525 and the bots ask in turn if "Man was still alive", if "Woman survived" and if "you could pick your son, pick your daughter too, from the bottom of a long glass tube?"

In 2007 Internet service provider Embarq used a variation of this song in a commercial.

On the 25th anniversary episode of the TV show Saturday Night Live, actor/comedian Bill Murray sang a version of this song, replacing its original lyrics to correspond with the fate of the show "in the year 2525".
The song is referenced in the White Stripes song, "You're Pretty Good Looking (For A Girl)" - "this feeling is still going to linger on / until the year 2525 now."

The song is written about in Tom Reynolds' book I Hate Myself And Want to Die: The 52 Most Depressing Songs You've Ever Heard in the Chapter “I’m Trying To Be Profound and Touching, But Really Suck At It”.

According to some calculations, the Age of Aquarius will start in or around the year 2525. It is unclear if this had any influence on the choice of year.

The song's opening line is sung by Martians in Martians Go Home, a 1990 comedy film starring Randy Quaid, as he is trying to ignore them so that they will go back to Mars.

In Dave Barry's novel Tricky Business (2002), it is used as a "revenge tune": a band plays this song to punish its audience for requesting songs they are bored of playing.

The song was referenced in The Drew Carey Show, when Winfred-Louder is celebrating the store's centennial. Mr. Wick announces Mimi's arrival as 'Future Woman' (Wearing a plastic bubble and silver dress) with the first two lines of the song.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 11:57 am

Debbie wrote:
"Magic" by Olivia Newton-John

You know, I might have been the only one, at the time, that actually liked that movie, and I liked the song, but seeing it now, it is so corny! I still like the song, though, and I love Olivia Newton-John! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 3:42 pm

Very interesting facts. Thanks for searching it Misti!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:41 pm

EllieJane wrote:
... "I Swear" by All-4-One

emilyanneoftheprairie wrote:
"I'll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men

I feel old. Those came out a year after I graduated high school.

The number one song the day I was born was "Feel Like Makin' Love" by Roberta Flack.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 5:08 pm

"Good Lovin'" by the Young Rascals

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Breaking up is Hard to Do by Neil Sedaka, 1962.....

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Party010

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:00 am

Oh yeah, I was too cool for school....December 1, 1969.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:23 am

Ben ~ Michael Jackson
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 8:44 am

El Paso by Marty Robbins!

What................and who?

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:34 am

carolineingalls wrote:

Here you go! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:47 am

flatbroke wrote:
Oh yeah, I was too cool for school....December 1, 1969.

Cool Larry, we may not share the same day, but we share the same song! Wink Mine is the 9th. ☮

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Misti wrote:
carolineingalls wrote:

Here you go! Thumbsup

Thanks, Misti! I know it now!

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:13 am

Fun! Mine was:

1961 Hit The Road Jack by- Ooops, already forgot! I know the song though.

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 am

Lily wrote:

Ha! I remember that song very well! What gloom and doom was predicted back then!

Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:22 am

Susie wrote:
Ben ~ Michael Jackson

Ha! I bought that record on 45 when I was in the 5th or 6th grade. I was a huge music buff back then... That was way back when Michael still looked like a nice African American boy. The song is taken from a horror movie about rats by the same name! What an awful movie!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 9:48 am

I had the Ben 45 too, Holly---I have older sisters so I think they got it. That's one of those that I loved singing along to---I thought I sounded so good! Whistle :haha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 am

Ha-ha! I hear ya!

BEN, the two of us need look no more....

(We're talking about a rat here... :think: )

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?   Do you know the #1 song the day you were born? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you know the #1 song the day you were born?
Page 1 of 1