Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"

Go down 
+21
MankatoJoe
Rob
Davetucson
Praire Girl
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
bethandmanly
jes9
Honeybee
amyk
Krissy
alexczarn
pat1964
MissOleson
Kristina
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Debbie
JW
Carol
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 2:14 am

I did not realize that apparently Nellie has Bunny for a long time after this episode. When is the next time we see Bunny? Not until Season 3?
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:19 am

Quote :
When is the next time we see Bunny? Not until Season 3?

Yes, in the season 3 episode called, oddly enough, "Bunny", and she appears in the later season 3 episodes "The Race" and "Journey in the Spring". For some reason, "Bunny" and "The Race" appear in opposite order on the DVD set ("The Race" appears first), and they are shown in that order on Hallmark. It really doesn't make any sense that way, because how could Laura ride Bunny in the race if it wasn't her horse yet? Actually, I sort of look at "Bunny" and "The Race" as a two-part episode, although it's not officially.

michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:40 am

And Nellie even complains about giving Bunny back to Laura in THE RACE if I remember correctly. So that is weird that they are in the wrong order. THE A-TEAM DVDs are in the wrong order, too, with the series finale being before another episode. But in fairness, those two episodes are in order of how they were shown because the one episode was some kind of "lost episode" that aired after the show actually went off the air. I guess it is like THE LAST FAREWELL being shown before that final Christmas episode.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:46 pm

amyk wrote:
And Nellie even complains about giving Bunny back to Laura in THE RACE if I remember correctly. So that is weird that they are in the wrong order. THE A-TEAM DVDs are in the wrong order, too, with the series finale being before another episode. But in fairness, those two episodes are in order of how they were shown because the one episode was some kind of "lost episode" that aired after the show actually went off the air. I guess it is like THE LAST FAREWELL being shown before that final Christmas episode.

I¡ve read that "The Race" is shown BEFORE "Bunny" in more than a cuntry. Happily, here we always watched it in the right order. Smile

Vanesa.

michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Not a lot of children would do that now.Such a sweet esp.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Watch this again. Perfect month. Since it's the month of Christmas. It's one of my favorite Christmas episodes.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:09 pm

I love this one too, but A Christmas They Never Forgot will always be my favorite.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:57 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I love this one too, but A Christmas They Never Forgot will always be my favorite.

And mine...It's the best Christmas LHOTP episode ever! I like very much when Charles and Caroline end kissing in love while all their family is along with tem, locked in the Little House, opening their gifts and smiling to each other... Ctree

Vanesa.

michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:01 am

I don't really love CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK because of Laura giving up Bunny to Nellie. I know she did it because of her love for Ma, but I don't like thinking of poor Bunny going to be abused by Nellie, no matter how much Laura loves Ma, especially when the stove was not an absolute necessity.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 am

I guesss back then not everybody could aford a stove.I agree that i didn't like her giving bunny to her either.I still think what she did was very sweet & nice.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm

But Pa had already ordered a stove for Ma, which makes it seem even worse to me that Laura gave up her beloved horse for that. Just the thought that she wanted to do that would have been enough for Ma, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:26 pm

Laure didn't know that tho.

Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:20 pm

That is true. I think I just have a hard time with this episode. It is nice that Laura loves her Ma so much and that she loves her Ma more than Bunny. I love horses so much that if I had a daughter who sold her horse so I could have a stove, I would probably feel so bad using that stove!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:26 pm

amyk wrote:
That is true. I think I just have a hard time with this episode. It is nice that Laura loves her Ma so much and that she loves her Ma more than Bunny. I love horses so much that if I had a daughter who sold her horse so I could have a stove, I would probably feel so bad using that stove!

I guess i would too

Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:14 pm

ok...I'll admited. I had tears when Laura sold Bunny to get the stove. But she really loved her Ma.
My favorite part was Carries star she purchased for the family with her own penny. So innocent, so sweet. Gotta love LHOTP
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 am

Me too.If i was laura i don't think i've been able to give away bunny.She did it out of pure love.

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Christmas At Plum Creek is my favorite of the Christmas episodes. Laura trading her pony to Nellie to get her ma a stove shows how unshelfish she was. It goes to show ho much she loved her mother. Carrie saying Happy Birthday Baby Jesus always makes me smile.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Spanky wrote:
Christmas At Plum Creek is my favorite of the Christmas episodes. Laura trading her pony to Nellie to get her ma a stove shows how unshelfish she was. It goes to show ho much she loved her mother. Carrie saying Happy Birthday Baby Jesus always makes me smile.

My favorite as well. I'm ready for Christmas already. greenS

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:04 am

Laura felt bad because Charles worked hard making her a saddle and she traded Bunny to Mr.Oleson to get her ma a stove.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:48 am

I always wondered what happened to the extra shirt Ma made..and the stole Mary got, I don't remember seeing them again.

Love Christmas shows, I wish they did more like this.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:55 am

littlehouselover wrote:
I always wondered what happened to the extra shirt Ma made..and the stole Mary got, I don't remember seeing them again.

Love Christmas shows, I wish they did more like this.
She could have given that one to Chris the handyman and not the one Mary made! LoL

I love this show, one of the top 3 for me. It's simple, like the Christmas's my children had when they were young, it's fun to see the excitement and anticipation and no one was hurt or killed or sick. Very sweet and Carries star was the best ending they could have done.

I was a bit sad about Bunny and it seemed almost too nice to me, Laura loved her mother, but it was a gift her Dad gave her, something not to be done lightly. I thought Nel's shouldn't have bartered with a little girl.
I also wondered what happened to that fur stole Pa made Mary? They were pretty good showing consistency with clothes, the nice shirt Caroline made when she was jealous of the Widow Thurmon, the dress's, scarves, Pa' shirt, etc. were used often.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Pa's Shirt   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:02 pm

[quote="littlehouselover"]I always wondered what happened to the extra shirt Ma made...

quote]

Carolyn slipped it into Chris's napsack!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:20 pm

Smile Always looking out for others, that Caroline.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Shirts   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:47 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
Smile Always looking out for others, that Caroline.

Forget The Shirts!
I Want Some PJ's Like These!

michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Pjs10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Remember when they got Charles that red nightshirt and hat I think and he joked about being seen when he went to the outhouse (whenever that was) It might have been his birthday and not Christmas.
edit: it was the episode where Mary got hit by the horse and they were celebrating Charles birthday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   michael - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next