Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!

Go down 
+2
JW
HarrisonCrosby4387
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Happy011

Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Empty
PostSubject: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 6:33 pm

On of my favorite and best (imo) actors is retiring from the biz of acting. Here is more into on this story. I am shocked but he needs to do what he needs to be happy and that makes me happy. Plus he will still be heard from.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/joaquinphoenix_blog.html

After seeing him in Gladiator I was an immediate fan of his acting. It's surprising to know that he is actually very shy. He was on a talk show and he was very soft spoken and even avoided turning his face toward the camera to much.

After being in the movie Inventing the Abbots, he started dating Live Tyler and ever moved in with her. They made such a beautiful couple.

He is the brother of the late great River Phoenix (Stand By Me) who died of a drug overdose outside of a club while his brother and others were there. Blue

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 9:23 pm

I have only seen one movie where he was in and that was Walk the Line and he did a great job sorry that he is Retiring

Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Jacobk10Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:57 am

Oh my gosh, I am STUNNED!! He is one of my favorite actors too, Beckie, and I don't say that lightly! He was SO robbed for his role as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line. He totally deserved that Oscar. And he was over-looked for his role in Gladiator (that's when I first saw him too Beckie and became immediately hooked). I mean, the guy can ACT. But I agree, if he doesn't love it, he doesn't love it. I will miss him though. I wish him much success in the music business! I was always amazed that he picked up the guitar like that for Walk the Line---he's obviously got some major talent to explore! Too weird---I just watched that movie again last week!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 6:46 pm

I didn't see Walk the Line, but I have to agree he was totally robbed! If Reese Witherspoon could get it, then he should have too. I don't think she can stand up to his caliber of acting.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Or What kind of Music is he gonna sing i hope it is Country lol

Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Jacobk10Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:15 pm

Eww I hope not, lol.
But you never know, he was inspired to get into music because he learned how to play for that movie.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:30 pm

I read about this. I think after his performance in "Walk the Line", he definitely could be a successful musician. I wish him all the best and I'm interested in what his first musical project will be.

Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! ChristinaKeeper2 Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:41 pm

So maybe I've been living under a rock, but I had no idea there was all this contraversy surrounding Joaquin. I was with my son at college yesterday, and he informed me that Joaquin did this really weird interview on David Letterman in February. I guess everyone is wondering if this is all just an 'act' or if this is for real and does he have a drug problem or mental problem? I guess Casey Affleck said that he is doing a documentary on Joaquin, so I'm kind of wondering if this whole thing is just a hoax.

Here is the Letterman interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpYk7WGN5Y

And here is the spoof that Ben Stiller did on the Oscars, that I saw and was completely confused by because I hadn't heard about the Joaquin/Letterman interview, LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflgMxxBPuY

What do you all think? :think: I saw his rap performance and he'd have to be delusional to think he could make a 'go' of this particular type of music. :unsure:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Well, I must be living under a neighboring rock, Amy. :haha: I hadn't heard anything about it, either.

Watching the clip, he seemed incredibly uncomfortable and nervous. (Honestly, David Letterman really wasn't very helpful in putting him at ease, though. His kind of humor sometimes comes at the expense of other people.) I don't know if the guy was on drugs, or trying to do the interview in the middle of a panic attack, or what - but he sure wasn't enjoying himself.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Savannah wrote:
(Honestly, David Letterman really wasn't very helpful in putting him at ease, though. His kind of humor sometimes comes at the expense of other people.)

Yeah, I know what you mean Savannah! I honestly don't think Dave knew what to make of him, LOL! The audience didn't either obviously---I think it was so 'strange' they all just figured it must be some kind of joke, including Dave. When it appeared to Dave that it wasn't a joke, I think Dave became downright annoyed (like the gum-chewing comment), which just served to aggravate Joaquin more. The panic attack idea is a good one---it just seems like he would be on medication for something like that though. I don't know---I'm baffled!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Joanquin, where is your head?! :unsure: lol
How sad to see him like this... I am now just finding this stuff out about him...

Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:31 pm

It really is sad. Regardless of what the cause was, it's very sad to see someone in that kind of state.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:48 am

Savannah wrote:
It really is sad. Regardless of what the cause was, it's very sad to see someone in that kind of state.

I am saddened by him too Savannah---I really hope it's NOT a hoax, because then I may be upset with him. He really is one of the greatest actors out there (IMO), so if anyone could pull this off, he could. What a lovely compliment for Dave to give him, that he believed there was no better actor out there---that's huge, considering Dave interviews a myriad of fine actors!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:53 pm

I thought, oh cool. Maybe he will have a nice band and be very good at music. Never in a million years did I think he would be doing rap! I can't believe he is being like this. I can't believe he would get into drugs after watching his brother die right in front of him from drugs. This is just so bizzare. I really don't knwo what to think.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Nice to see ewe Beckie! Wave

MattLabMyLove wrote:
I can't believe he wood get into drugs after watching his brother die write in front of him from drugs.

Really?! Was Joaquin with River at dat bar when he collapsed? I didn't realize dat! Wow.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!   Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music! Empty

Back to top Go down

Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting to pursue music!
Page 1 of 1