Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread

Go down 
+12
Vanesa
tresiemay
Robinsgirl
Rob
Alice
susansmoose
Carol
carolineingalls
Gin
jes9
I Love Dean
bethandmanly
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Bokmal10

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:18 am

Hey gang,

Over at one of the Dr. Quinn boards I belong to we have a section dedicated to just silly stuff from the show. Strange things we've noticed or humorous--but in good taste--comments about people and things. We've discussed why you never see outhouses in Colorado Springs, where Sully--who lived in the woods--hid the suit that he was dressed in for the episode "Happy Birthday", where a certain main character was when he wasn't seen in CS, and even a strange woman that is all alone on the streets of town when Dr. Quinn storms out of the clinic to look for her son, who had just had an operation.

Here is an example from the DQ board. It doesn't have to be a poll, but this one was. (Keep in mind that DQ aired in the 90's and more was allowed on TV for family shows than when LHOP aired) Just to set this one up, David is Dr. Quinn's fiancee, who she had been told was killed 7 years ago during the Civil War. In the episode, "Return Engagement", David shows up in Colorado Springs and Dr. Quinn is confused by his sudden and very unexpected return. Her engagement to Sully had just been announced, but she's not sure how she feels about David. No longer a doctor, David is now a naturalist. Before revealing who he is, he hires Sully to be his field guide so David can study the plant life and such. Jake, the barber, makes this comment to a bunch of guys in town while Dr. Quinn is in the midst of trying to decide if she should take David back or if she should stay with Sully.

What would have happened if David had overheard Jake's comment about him being a flower pickin' jacka**?

Would David have...

A) Flipped up his eye patch and used his lazer beam to turn Jake into a pile of dust
B) Pulled a flower out of his jacket pocket and struck Jake across the face
C) Looked at Jake sternly and then pranced away
D) Beaten Jake with his cane and proven that even a flower pickin' jacka** can be a tough guy

This stuff is not meant to be taken seriously. Instead, it is supposed to spur some funny, yet tasteful, comments about the show we love.

Here is something that I came up with for Little House and we can start off with this question. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Cheryl

Why do you think Carrie had to go to the outhouse all the time? Did she have some type of bladder control problem that Doc Baker couldn't diagnose? Did she like reading in there? Or was it a way for her to avoid doing her share of the chores.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Maybe she wanted to write her name on the bathroom walls.

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Dd4
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Or you don't suppose she liked the bathroom fragrance?? :faint2:

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 5:27 pm

I Love Dean wrote:
Or you don't suppose she liked the bathroom fragrance?? :faint2:

You're naughty.

I think she was doing what I did when I was a kid and stayed in the outhouse until all the chores were done by her older sisters.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 9:56 am

I think Carrie must have had some trouble when she got nervous or excited. In "Back to School", she had to go to the outhouse, what was it, six times? When the Ingalls decide to move back to Walnut Grove from Winoka, Caroline says that Carrie was so excited that she wet the bed, and then when they do get back to Walnut Grove, Carrie can't wait to go to the outhouse -- she runs in there and the thing tips over on her. And, of course, there's the infamous Winoka sidewalk incident -- you know the one:

Carrie: "Laura, I have to go! I'm not foolin'!"
Minutes go by while Laura flirts with Albert and helps him get his dime back, and then...
Laura: "All right, Carrie, let's go."
Carrie: "I already did."

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Maybe Carrie just liked small cramped holes in the ground. ----Remember the mine shaft?

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:02 pm

ROTFL I'm sure the mine shaft smelled alot better.

Maybe everytime she giggled she had to tinkle, I know people like that . I am sure there was alot of laughter in that house.

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 3:31 pm

In There's No place Like Home Carrie went to the outhouse and it toppled over on her. I'd have thought she'd have been covered in 'whatever' and nobody would have gone within a couple of miles of her but not Charles and Albert! They just laughed, as did Carrie. If it'd been me I'd have been crying and screaming in between throwing up! bawling Sick2

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 3:43 pm

Heyyyyy! I'm having Mr. Edwards come after ya'll...

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Cute

I tinkle and I sprinkle so I won't wrinkle.... Laughing

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 11:50 pm

:Hahaha:

TIP OF THE DAY: Don't sprinkle when you tinkle! ROTFL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 5:27 am

I was ok with Carries babyied until i saw in an episode she was eating breakfast before school and then ma removed her bib....wow she must have been 6 or 7....here in Australia thats very old to wear a bib .... i would have loved to see Carrie grow up the same way the older girls did ... i remember both Mary and Laura having lots of chores at 6 .

The outhouse seemed sometimes the writers way of saying oh yeah Carrie was there too
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:04 pm

indi wrote:
The outhouse seemed sometimes the writers way of saying oh yeah Carrie was there too

I totally agree. Oh, btw, we have this extra kid here, just so you don't forget she exists.

Back to top Go down
susansmoose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
susansmoose

Number of posts : 154
Mood : The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 pm

This made me think of Divorce, WGS when Laura leaves Almanzo and is up in the loft with Albert and Carrie....Carrie asks Albert if she can read to her and Albert says it's getting late and she whines back that it doesn't feel late...i thought she was a little too old to have Albert telling her a story
Back to top Go down
http://welcome.to/susans-moose
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 10:48 pm

LindsayCrouseFan wrote:

ROTFL I will remember that! ROTFL

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:05 pm

:Hahaha: At least one person here is taking my advice. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 7:16 pm

Alice wrote:
LindsayCrouseFan wrote:

ROTFL I will remember that! ROTFL

How about "If you sprinkle when you tinkle,
Be a sweetie, wipe the seatie!"

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:32 pm

:Hahaha: Maureen!! I forgot about that! :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:10 pm

Or how about

"I aim to please, you aim too please." (I think this is mostly for the menfolk) grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 4:18 pm

"You aim to please, I aim from the hallway." :tapdance:
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Rob wrote:
"You aim to please, I aim from the hallway." :tapdance:

I know all about it, Rob, living with 2 males - my husband and my son! banghead

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:37 pm

Some Little House comics grinsmiley

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Kissgirl1

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Kissgirl2

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:53 pm

... and another :haha:

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Lovedie1

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Lovedie2

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:36 am

ROTFL

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 3:29 am

Carol! ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Mood : The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Wow hot topic!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread   The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next