Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

/Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!!

Go down 
+6
LM
Amy
Misti
bethandmanly
Carol
Farmer Girl
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

/Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!!   /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 8:41 pm

Carol wrote:
I watched last night's show when the 18th baby (Jordyn) was born. Michelle was planning on having a natural birth but had to end up having a c section because the baby was sideways in her, as a result of the uterus being so stretched out from her former pregnancies. Someone said that the uterus can no longer hold the correct shape and hold the baby upside down, so the baby was not in the correct position for a vaginal birth. Most likely if she keeps having more kids (which I think she is), she will have to have c-sections, and she's already had 3 of them. She's truly pushing it with her body. Doesn't she think about that... or doesn't Jim Bob?

I can understand having that many kids in older times... for survival, etc... but now? I don't really agree with them when they always bring God into the number of kids they have. Yes, children are a blessing but God doesn't control the number of kids you have, they do. The Duggars are part of a movement called Quiverful and don't believe in birth control and feel like planning a family is up to the Lord NOT them.

But, to each his own... all I know is that I hope this shows continues till the 4 older girls get married and leave... THEN things will get interesting when those girls won't be around to do much of the big work load they have.... should get interesting for Michelle lol
Another thing... there are some people who say: "Hey, I know someone who can't handle her 5 kids and here is Michelle handling 17"... Wrong! Truthfully, if it were not for the buddy system, for the fact that the older kids handle the younger kids... there is NO way Michelle would handle all those kids.
A quote from Michelle: “Right now I’ve got a lot of little boys who fight or argue with each other. Every 30 minutes there’s a major crisis over an owee or a toy. But I don’t get involved. They learn to work it out themselves.”

Anyway, yesterday's show showed the Duggars going to this place to buy something for the new baby. One of the little boys played with this toy that when you pushed it, it played music and the boy started dancing, to me, it looked like he was imitating Elvis :haha: Anyway, of the big sisters tells him "Show me again what you were doing with that music thing" and then Jim Bob starts talking about how you have to be careful with music because it can make you move a certain way or something... /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 Rolling_eyes hahaha...

Sure sounds like she should give her body a rest!......
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!!   /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 12:43 am

I didn't mean that the mom should stop having children because the grandchild deserves the "spotlight" from the media. I meant that the grandchild deserves the "spotlight" from within the family.......not in the public eye. Although I'm sure that ANY child born into the Duggar family will be in the media spotlight. I just think that 18 children is enough. I mean, if I had 18 children, I would have a difficult time making sure that I was able to give each and every one of them the attention that they need and deserve.

/Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
/Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!!   /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 12:49 am

Teresa wrote:
I mean, if I had 18 children, I would have a difficult time making sure that I was able to give each and every one of them the attention that they need and deserve.

I totally agree with that. I know that I couldn't do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!!   /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 1:31 am

Teresa wrote:
I didn't mean that the mom should stop having children because the grandchild deserves the "spotlight" from the media. I meant that the grandchild deserves the "spotlight" from within the family.......not in the public eye. Although I'm sure that ANY child born into the Duggar family will be in the media spotlight. I just think that 18 children is enough. I mean, if I had 18 children, I would have a difficult time making sure that I was able to give each and every one of them the attention that they need and deserve.

i agree too :shifty:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!!   /Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

/Duggar Family Welcomes Number 18!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2