Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 8

Go down 
+8
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
JW
Misti
Amy
Carol
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 Happy010

"American Idol" - Season 8 Empty
PostSubject: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 1:20 pm

The new season will be starting on January 13th. I'm not too thrilled about having a 4th judge. I've always enjoyed it the way it was with Randy, Paula, and Simon. I'll still be watching though.

"American Idol" - Season 8 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 1:30 pm

So will I. Lets declare this the Season 8 AI Thread :idance:

"American Idol" - Season 8 Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 1:57 pm

:CoolSign: I'll be watching too. The 4th judge will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 2:34 pm

Teresa wrote:
The new season will be starting on January 13th. I'm not too thrilled about having a 4th judge. I've always enjoyed it the way it was with Randy, Paula, and Simon. I'll still be watching though.

That'll be easy to remember---that's my hubby's bday! Wink

I hear ya, Teresa...I am not one for 'change'---I like my AI just the way it is, thank you very much. Oh well. I'll try to give the new chick a chance. I've seen Paula in a couple interviews talking her up, but who knows if that's just for publicity. :think: I have to wonder how she really feels about it.

Anywho...bring on Season 8!! I'm ready!! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 2:35 pm

That's my husbands birthday too, Amy. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 2:42 pm

What???? OMG!! That is too funny! Mine was born in 1963, how about yours?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 4:18 pm

He was born in 73. I think Misti & I are a day a part on our anniversarys. OhMy
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Pretty wild!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Yeah, Susie! We are just a few days apart on our anniversaries. Thumbsup As far as January 13th, that is easy to remember for me, its my youngest son, Shiloh's 11th birthday. grinsmiley

"American Idol" - Season 8 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 8 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 8 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 8 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Well I Can't Wait for Season 8 But What will Happen if Paula and Randy Like this one Person but Simon and the New Judge don't like the singer? I Think there will be LOTS of LOUD Discussions between the Judges

"American Idol" - Season 8 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 8 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"American Idol" - Season 8 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 12:00 am

Misti wrote:
Yeah, Susie! We are just a few days apart on our anniversaries. Thumbsup As far as January 13th, that is easy to remember for me, its my youngest son, Shiloh's 11th birthday. grinsmiley

And January 12th is Rachel's 11th birthday!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 12:04 am

And the 11th is my Sisters Birthday lol

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:24 pm

And the 20th is my son's birthday!! :haha: We could go on and on!! We'll make this the "American Idol/January bday" thread! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:35 pm

LOL!! Well, my son, Shane, turns 2 next Thursday the 8th. My birthday is on the 30th.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:36 pm

Oh Teresa thats Cool my Niece Turns 2 May 8th Both born on the 8th lol

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Oh, cool, Jacob!! They're exactly 4 months apart.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 7:30 pm

There is going to be a 4th judge? Interesting. Who is it?

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 7:57 pm

From a website:

KARA DIOGUARDI ''She's very strong-willed, and we needed that with Simon around,'' says Idol exec producer Ken Warwick. ''Kara tells it as it is.''

"American Idol" - Season 8 Kara-DioGuardi_l

See more here: http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/?pid=1393

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Okay people, set your DVRs, TIVOs or VCRs, so you don't miss an episode and can come here to chat about it the following day! :haha: happy1

"American Idol" - Season 8 American%20idol

(From the AI Webpage)
Get Ready To Share Your Voice As American Idol Returns With A Brand-New Season, New Contestants and a New Judge Tuesday, January 13 and Wednesday, January 14 on FOX.

* Top 36 Semi-Finalists Revealed Wednesday, February 11.

* Voting Begins Tuesday, February 17.

* Top 12 Singers Revealed After Judges' Wild Card Round Thursday, March 5.

* Top 12 Finalists Perform for First Time Tuesday, March 10.

The wait is almost over for the return of television's #1 show! Last season's finale boasted a record-breaking nearly 100 million votes cast in the crowning of David Cook as the winner and now, American Idol is set to return with a two-night, four-hour premiere event featuring extraordinary talent and outrageous new auditions Tuesday, January 13 and Wednesday, January 14 at 8/7c on FOX.

The eighth season kicks off with three weeks of audition episodes, featuring tryouts held in East Rutherford, NJ, Jacksonville, FL, Kansas City, MO, Louisville, KY, Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT, San Francisco, CA and San Juan, Puerto Rico. After the two-night premiere, auditions will continue for two weeks on Tuesday, January 20 (8/7c) and Wednesday, January 21 (8/7c); and Tuesday January 27 (8/7c) and Wednesday, January 28 (8/7c). The final audition episode will air Thursday, January 29 (8/7c) on FOX.

The lucky auditioners who get the judges' approval then move on to the "Hollywood Round" where contestants vie for a semifinalist position during the grueling next phase of the auditions. Extended for one week, the "Hollywood Round" episodes air Tuesday, February 3 (8/7c), Wednesday, February 4 (8/7c) and Tuesday, February 10 (8/7c). On Wednesday, February 11 (8/7c), dreams come true for three dozen hopefuls, as Simon, Randy, Paula and Kara announce the Top 36 semifinalists.

It will then be up to America to decide who moves forward in the competition. For three consecutive Tuesdays including: February 17 (8/7c), February 24 (8/7c) and March 3 (8/7c), 12 different semifinalists will perform each night in the hopes of moving on to the Top 12. Each week during the LIVE results shows airing Wednesdays: February 18 (8/7c), February 25 (8/7c) and March 4 (8/7c), the three finalists with the highest number of America's votes -- one male, one female and the next top vote getter -- will secure coveted spots in the Top 12.

On Thursday, March 5 (8/7c), American Idol presents a special "Wild Card" episode featuring the judges' favorite remaining contestants. After each of the contestants performs, the judges will select the three final contestants who will round out the Top 12.

The competition heats up as those Top 12 finalists take the stage for the first time together Tuesday, March 10 (8/7c). Immediately following, America has another chance to share its voice and vote for their favorite finalists.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Carol wrote:

"American Idol" - Season 8 Kara-DioGuardi_l

Ugly as homemade soap. batEyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:05 pm

I can't wait! Bliss
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Uh huh. Sure Rob."American Idol" - Season 8 Hein87

Thanks for posting that here Carol! It'll be good to have that to 'consult' with on the first page, throughout the season. Thumbsup

I can't wait either Susie!! Cheer But I'll bet our Jacob reeeeeeally can't wait! :woohooo:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:18 pm

You Got that Right Amy but of course i'll miss part of it Cause we are going to Mexico but i'll Probally Tell my Married Sister to record it

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Oh, but that sounds like fun Jacob! Yep, you'll have to record...I can't see you missing any! Wink

I'm going to have to record the first one, since it's the hubby's bday. I'm sure we won't be sitting around watching AI that night (he's not a fan). Oh well, I can always watch it the next day. Actually, when you think about it's smart to record all these first ones anyway...that way we could skip through all the really dumb stuff, not to mention the commercials! There's always a ton during AI!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 1:31 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh, but that sounds like fun Jacob! Yep, you'll have to record...I can't see you missing any! Wink

I'm going to have to record the first one, since it's the hubby's bday. I'm sure we won't be sitting around watching AI that night (he's not a fan). Oh well, I can always watch it the next day. Actually, when you think about it's smart to record all these first ones anyway...that way we could skip through all the really dumb stuff, not to mention the commercials! There's always a ton during AI!

Oooh, happy birthday to him Wave

I actually rarely see AI live... I'll see it after it's over so that I can fast foward commercials and other stuff... lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

"American Idol" - Season 8
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next