Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 8

Go down 
+8
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
JW
Misti
Amy
Carol
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Happy010

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 12:32 pm

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Adam_icon_18_edited Go Adam!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:08 am

Reminder---AI tonight! :woohooo:

Wednesdays are huge for me---AI and LOST, my favorite show!! happy1

I haven't a clue who I'm 'rooting' for yet tonight!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Who all is on Tonight? Well i won't be watching cause we have a Family Gathering tonight cause my Brother is home now :woohooo:

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:55 pm

What an awesome reason to miss AI, Jacob!! Cheer
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Have a great family gathering Jacob! Thumbsup We'll keep you informed on what happens... Wink

*Edit*...well, overall a disappointing night. Blue What is it with some of these dumb song choices? Carol, your Adam will no doubt be going through---he was pretty amazing---not my 'style', but I can appreciate his talent. Thumbsup I voted for #2, Matt Giroud, the dueling piano bar player from Kalamazoo MI. He was anything but 'great' tonight, but I'm going from his original talent---I want to see more of him. My favorite girl was actually #9---not sure her name, but she's the redhead who sang Betty Davis Eyes. Not a great song choice but I really love the quality of her voice and her 'style'.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:37 am

I'm with you, Amy. Not the best night. The song choices were mostly... questionable. I thought they saved the best for last - Adam tore the roof off the joint with "Satisfaction"! Great voice, great control, lots of stage presence.

Nick was oddly entertaining. Very oddly. :unsure: I get a kick out of him; like the judges say, he's definitely memorable.

I thought Allison did a good job, but I wish they'd change her look. She looks awfully "hard" for one so young.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am

Yeah, I'm with Simon about Nick though, LOL---I have to hope America doesn't put him through. As Paula said, "I don't know that THIS is the stage for you"...LOL, I have to agree! He does fit somewhere because I appreciate his humor (um, sort of Whistle ) but I really don't want to see AI going down the 'comedy' path. It's neat that he's gotten some fame for this though---I think he's an interesting guy and because of AI will get a boost in the entertainment industry. Too bad his voice wasn't really up to par though last night---I know he can sing much better than that. If this isn't a '15 minutes of fame' thing for him on AI though, I will seriously be upset. help

Was Allison the one who has the black hair and sang Drops of Jupiter that Simon said seemed like she was 50? She was GOOD...I thought she had better control that the blond from the beginning (um, Megan---I think that's her name). I agree about her 'look' being too hard though. Speaking of Megan, I did NOT like all of her weird movements and found it annoying and distracting. I couldn't believe none of the judges mentioned it---guess they liked it. :think:

*Edit*---ok, just remembered that "Mishovanna" (sp?) is the black-haired girl I'm thinking of. I'll have to check out the AI site to see who Allison is....

Ok, Allison is the other redhead---I forgot there were two. Jesse is the redhead I like, although Allison can definitely sing! I think both she and Mishovanna need to 'soften' their look a bit. I just think Jesse is very cool and seems to exude a natural quiet confidence, that some of the younger girls just don't have yet. Listening to Jesse last night, I could picture myself buying her CD one day. I voted for her more times than I did my Matt from K-Zoo...
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Jesse is from Minneapolis and she has a brother who is a singer/musician. I believe his name is "Kid" Johnny Lang. We realized last night that since Jesse's last name is Langseth, that he shortened it a bit. LOL!!
Last night's song choices were horrendous, to say the least! They have this one chance to get into the top 3, and most of them blew it.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 TeresaKeeper

Last edited by Teresa on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Teresa wrote:
Last night's song choices were horrendous, to say the least! They have this one chance to get into the top 3, and most of them blew it.

Like the bald guy...I really like him, but he chose a song that he 'loved' rather than one that showed any kind of range. It was 'cool', but forgettable, as Simon would say, LOL!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Okay, what a night! lol
I tried to do a top 6... but I could only go to a top 4 out of the 12! That's not good :unsure: lol

Okay, before I post my top 4 I have to say that I can't believe Norman/Nick is in this competition!!! Since when did AI become a place for comedy?! I tell you, if 'VotefortheWorst' gets Norman/Nick in the top 12, it will be the judges fault for putting him in the top 36! mad
I do not find him funny AT ALL... He annoys the heck out of me and I see him as someone who is not taking things seriously, who is just there to make people laugh with his dumb Norman character.... "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Punch lol

Okay, so here are my top 4 for the night in order of performance:

1. "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Allison_iraheta Allison Iraheta
Like Simon said, she started off the real competition last night. Loved her performance! Applause
Allison was actually in a Spanish contest on Telemundo, called "Quinceanera", (which for americans it's Sweet Sixteen... for hispanics it's the 15th birthday that's special, I don't know who makes these rules lol). Anyway, Allison won on that show back in 2006 and I hope she goes far on AI.
"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Q_allison_premiada_300x400

2. "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Megan_corkrey Megan Joy Corkrey
I have to say that I like her voice, and she seems cool... but that weird twist she was doing was kind of distracting from her singing lol
I hope she has the opportunity to show more of her range and hope she can advance.

Oh, and on a side note lol, she and Mischa wore the same dress for their auditions grinsmiley
"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Samedressxw8

3. "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Mishavonna_henson Mishavonna Henson
I thought Misha was good... I hope she gets to advance!
"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 MishaAI8
(Credit for pic goes to LiveJournal user)

4. "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Adam_lambert Adam Lambert
Ah yes, my favorite crazy boy lol. I guess because he's done a lot of musical theater he's used to screaming some parts of his song. I hope he takes to heart what some of the judges said about not overdoing some parts of the song... but other than that, totally loved it!!! Applause
Go Adam Superstar!
"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 992234314309l1

*I know only 3 will go through but I hope the 4th of my top 4 would be a wildcard and come back.

Other interesting ones that kind of stood out for me are:

1. "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Jesse_langseth Jesse Langseth

2. "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Matt_giraud Matt Giraud

I wouldn't mind if they came back as the wild card either.

*Anyway, we shall see who goes through tonight!!! happy1

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 5:33 pm

I have my son's band concert tonight and only have room to record Survivor. Carol, I like all your pics too...like you, I don't like Megan's strange movements but I do like her unique voice.

For me the only ones who screamed 'star quality' to me were Adam and Jesse...they were the only ones who came out and seemed completely un-nerved to me. You know, I missed part of Allison's though and hear she was very good too. I guess I'm rooting for the redheads tonight! I agree about Adam---he'll need to chill out a bit but it sounds like he knows this already and will work on it. I can't imagine him not going through tonight. Um, yeah, if Nick goes through, this show is going to lose all credibility IMHO. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 11:50 pm

I see that the two 'expected' ones, Adam & Allison went through tonight. Great! Were you all surprised at all that Kris went through? He was good but didn't really stand out to me. Like Simon said, the girls were going to like him so maybe that was it. I'm happy for him though---seems like a nice guy! I wanted either Matt or Jesse in there but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:30 am

Of course they had to end with the same agonizing drama as last week. Tatiana vs Danny, and tonight, Nick vs Adam. I'm so glad that Nick/Norman didn't make it into the top 3.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 am

Please don't shoot me for this; I like Adam's style of singing, he's good, but I wish he would do something about his hair! I don't like it at all! JMHO! No

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 am

LOL, Misti! My husband said the same thing! It hangs in his face too much.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:37 am

I think he's going for that whole cool 'Twillight' vibe. I kind of think it suits him for the show and the industry, but it's really not my cup of tea either, Misti. Let me put it this way Misti...if my sons came home with that haircut and black nail polish, I would flip! help :haha: (It's bad enough that I have a couple of 'hippie' boys right now that don't get regular hair-cuts anymore... Whistle ).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm one up on you, Amy, as far as the boys are concerned: I have two at times "smart mouthed" ones and one that's choice of music is rap! mad I am so hoping it is a phase! grinsmiley

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Misti wrote:
I'm one up on you, Amy, as far as the boys are concerned: I have two at times "smart mouthed" ones and one that's choice of music is rap! mad I am so hoping it is a phase! grinsmiley

LOL Misti---I hear ya! Well, I have a smart-mouthed 14 year old at the moment that I would like to do this Frying pan to on a daily basis. LOL, no rap over here though, so I guess I'll count my blessings! grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:26 pm

I don't understand how Kris got through.... was hoping for Megan, but I think she'll be back anyway as a wild card.

About Adam's hair... lol I like it but he would also look nicer if he got a haircut! lol
If I had a son though, I wouldn't want him with that hair and black fingernails haha

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 AdamLambertpicture

And Wooooo hooooo!!!!! Nick/Norman is G.O.N.E!!!! "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 10 Ga_fun_smiley12