Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Two things.....

Go down 
+3
Alice
emilyanneoftheprairie
Savannah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Two things..... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Two things..... Happy010

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:16 pm

I've been trying to remember to post this since the river here flooded over into the fairgrounds, then froze, and receded. Because it had frozen, and then receded, all of the trees look like they're ballerinas wearing tutus! It looks like a fairytale land down there....The ballerina trees with their arms stretched upward...So amazing!

And, since I didn't want to bore you all with two different posts about pretty much nothing.....

When I was visiting my precious four last night, John & April had a friend visiting. He was. . . . interesting. :Hahaha: To give you an idea of what I mean.....This gentleman spent almost an hour arguing the point that the plural of moose IS meese - that it's an accepted alternative plural. I'm absolutely serious. And so was he!! :Hahaha: (Oh, I'd like to point out, however, that I did not spend ONE MINUTE arguing with him. I wasn't about to waste my time in such foolishness when there were four precious children on hand!)

Last edited by Savannah on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:45 pm

omg Savannah! that is so crazy. o wow. i just laughed for like 2 minutes before i could post. what a man.

Two things..... Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Two things..... Cute-2
Back to top Go down

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:26 pm

The trees sound so pretty, Savannah.

I have come across people just like that, Savannah. ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:42 pm

:Hahaha: How old was this gentleman?

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:35 pm

He was around my age - maybe a little younger....So, he should have known better. He was quite obviously very impressed with himself, too. I wanted to ask him if there was anyone that he enjoyed listening to more than himself. Wink

But, I was more interested in spending precious time with my Rachel, Michael, Caleb and Jeremiah.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Susie wrote:

They sure are! And the branches are all covered in a thick frost, so it looks even more magical. I wish I could get down there and get a picture. Right now it's deemed unsafe, but if I can get in and get a picture, I will.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Does he realize that just because geese is plural for goose, that doesn't mean that meese is plural for moose? Moose is plural for moose. It doesn't surprise me though that John and April would have such an "interesting" friend. LOL!!

Two things..... TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:05 pm

:Hahaha: Teresa!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Oh, and I meant that in a mean way. As if you didn't know.............LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Two things..... Goodsi10

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Two things..... Andy-griffith-don_knotts

"Did you hear that, Andy?? That feller said meese! Not only ain't it a real word, it's a meese-spelled... er, misspelled unreal word! Lemme at him!"
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Easy, Barn....easy! That's why I didn't take you with me. That temper of yours will be your undoing!
Back to top Go down

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:29 pm

LOL Savannah!
Back to top Go down

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:03 am

Savannah wrote:
Susie wrote:

They sure are! And the branches are all covered in a thick frost, so it looks even more magical. I wish I could get down there and get a picture. Right now it's deemed unsafe, but if I can get in and get a picture, I will.

I would love to see a picture. 📷
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Two things..... Love-s10

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:46 am

Teresa wrote:
It doesn't surprise me though that John and April would have such an "interesting" friend. LOL!!

Teresa!! You beat me to it! That was my VERY first thought! :Hahaha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:49 am

LOL, Amy!!

Back to top Go down

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 pm

wow
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 11:04 pm

Amy wrote:
Teresa wrote:
It doesn't surprise me though that John and April would have such an "interesting" friend. LOL!!

Teresa!! You beat me to it! That was my VERY first thought! :Hahaha:

I have to agree...birds of a feather and all. Savannah, I'm glad you got to see the kids and didn't waste any time talking to that "intellectual". grinsmiley

Two things..... ChristinaKeeper2 Two things..... 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two things..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two things.....   Two things..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Two things.....
Page 1 of 1