Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A couple of things today

Go down 
+11
Lily
pamh36
Amy
JW
Lori
Rhonda
bethandmanly
Carol
Rob
Teresa
Savannah
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A couple of things today - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Happy010

A couple of things today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Their Grandmother isn't old, so that's in her favor when it comes to energy. grinsmiley She's in her early forties, if I remember correctly. The children's "mother" was only 16 or 17 when she gave birth to the twins.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:06 pm

That's good news! Thanks for letting us know.

I don't feel quite so bad about this...

Savannah wrote:
Maliah

A couple of things today - Page 2 Ec6c84422835

:shifty:
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:09 pm

We'll take any good news on this we can get. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Rob wrote:

I don't feel quite so bad about this...

Savannah wrote:
Maliah

A couple of things today - Page 2 Ec6c84422835

:shifty:

I'm not going to argue with you about this in a prayer request thread, Fife. Expect a friendly, gentle PM momentarily. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Well, it wasn't friendly or gentle, but it was momentary. stars
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
A couple of things today - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm so sorry I missed this thread until now. I'm glad to hear the good news about the little ones. I'll be praying for your brothers' employment.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Rob wrote:
Well, it wasn't friendly or gentle, but it was momentary. stars

*gasp* I didn't say anything that was the least bit unfriendly or . . . . ungentle. batEyes

Thanks, Lily!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 9:30 pm

What sweet little children - they have such beautiful smiles! I'm glad they're going to be with their grandmother, it's better than being with complete strangers, but I still can't get over the judge's decision to wait for 8 months before deciding. They could be with the couple that wants to adopt them, already adjusting to their new life by now! No How could the judge think that this could possible be good? Prayers are going up for these babies.

A couple of things today - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 A couple of things today - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 8:52 am

Thank you, Christina! For a while there had even been talk of separating the children, which would completely devastate them because they're so close to one another. The younger sister acts as interpreter for the twins because they both struggle with their language skills. (Though, they had improved greatly in the last year.) Thanks again for the prayers. Wave
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:53 pm

I missed this somehow. I will be praying for the children and am glad that they are at least with their Grandmother, for now.

You have to wonder who puts these people in charge of making decisions on what is best for children in a situation like this. It doesn't seem like they have the proper training for this sort of thing.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:18 pm

I'll Be Praying for Children

A couple of things today - Page 2 Jacobk10A couple of things today - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:30 pm

I was given a bit of an update on the children again. It turns out that the Grandma (who is in her 40's) doesn't think she can handle having the three of them after all. (She's dealing with huge issues right now, though. She lost three children in a fire last year, and another to suicide because he couldn't handle having lost so many siblings at once. No So bless her heart for at least giving it a shot!) So, the lady in my church who had the three children for a year has them back again, and goes to court on the 15th to see if the judge is going to continue to extend the rights of the "Mother" or if rights will be terminated.....Or *what*. These little ones just get bounced around so much. Thanks for your prayers! I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:50 pm

I'll Keep Praying for them Savannah

A couple of things today - Page 2 Jacobk10A couple of things today - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:54 pm

I'll keep them in my prayers, Savannah. I'm so glad that the children are back with the family from your church. At least they are with someone who loves them. Hopefully she'll be able to keep them permanently. Please continue to keep us updated.

A couple of things today - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:26 pm

This is so sad. Blue My thoughts and prayers are with them.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 pm

The court date ended up being up being moved, and is now on Monday. They're supposed to decide where to place the children. They've talked again about splitting them up, and that would be devastating for the children. I don't understand why they would even think of splitting them up when there's a wonderful woman who is perfectly willing to take all of them.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear any news about the decision. As it's on my birthday, I'd gladly take some good news for these babies as a birthday present. Love
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:29 pm

Why would they even consider splitting them up? Don't they see how happy they are with this family? I pray that they are able to keep the children.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:31 pm

WOW Savannah....I will be praying for a good outcome to this situation.... Love

A couple of things today - Page 2 Rhonda10A couple of things today - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:40 pm

I'll continue to keep them in my prayers, Savannah.

A couple of things today - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 pm

I will continue to pray as well, Savannah.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:13 pm

The court hearing is scheduled for 9:00 am......As soon as I hear anything I'll let you all know. Thanks again for praying!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Whoops, not sure how I missed the latest on this. Good grief, how ridiculous!! I really hope the court does the right thing here. I may be a little late, but I am praying you get a great birthday gift today Savannah...

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Savannah, have you heard anything about the children yet?

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : A couple of things today - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 8:41 pm

Curious minds are dying to know. Hope the people involved made the right decidions.

A couple of things today - Page 2 MarilynKeeper A couple of things today - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Sorry it took so long. I just got back about 15 minutes ago. The judge decided to extend the case yet again, and granted a three month stay in the case. But he hasn't decided where the children will stay for those three months! ( mad ) I'll let you know as soon as I know anything more. How do some of these people get to be judges, anyway??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple of things today   A couple of things today - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A couple of things today
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next