Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little House Thanksgiving Special

Go down 
+5
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Krissy
bethandmanly
Kristina
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Little House Thanksgiving Special Bokmal10

Little House Thanksgiving Special Empty
PostSubject: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:15 pm

In a Little House episode review I was looking through, it said there was supposed to be a Little House Thanksgiving Special in the sixth season. has anyone seen it before?
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:00 pm

It's called the Little House Years. I don't remember if there were two or three 2-hour episodes--I think 3--and they were clip episodes where the Ingalls family was gathered for Thanksgiving and Laura told stories of their past. Some of the past episodes shown were "100 Mile Walk", "The Lord is My Shepherd", and "Journey in the Spring".

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Little House Thanksgiving Special Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:47 am

Not sure if i remember this one.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:22 pm

It has a unique opening, with black and white photographs of the cast and guest starts from the episodes they feature.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:04 pm

is it on the dvds? ahh.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:35 pm

No, it's not on the DVDs. When I spoke to Dean a few years ago, he told me there were some rights issues with it, and it hadn't been released with them. He didn't know what the issues were, though. Every once in a while they run it on Hallmark. I used to have it on tape, but I don't think I have it anymore. I used to tape the show when it was on TBS, but when I got my DVDs I got rid of them.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Oh right. I used to watch the show on TBS all the time.Maybe someday they can realse it on an exter dvd.

Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Little House Thanksgiving Special Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:25 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
It has a unique opening, with black and white photographs of the cast and guest starts from the episodes they feature.

It was just on tv......3 part episode

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Little House Thanksgiving Special Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 am

Hopefully someday they will release The Little House Years on DVD.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Hallmark is showing the special tonight. It was nice seeing shorter snippets of the shows and highlights, gave the actors a break for a week.

I realized even more so though, the fascination with fire and suicide. For a "family" show, people wanted to hurt themselves more than a couple of times. They had the man in Gold Country kill himself over the people stealing his gold and disturbing his dead wife's body, that was sad, Laura's grandpa wants to burn himself alive (really creepy when you think about it), Mr. Edward's wanted to shoot himself...pretty dark. They didn't show it tonght, but even Jennie wanted to drown herself to be with her parents in the later shows. It seemed like the writers were trying to work something out themselves maybe.

I liked seeing the funnier scenes and really watch it to smile more than be sad.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Unbelievably, these episodes aren't included in the DVD set. With that omission and the often mentioned deleted scenes from various episodes, I really feel ripped off as an owner of the DVD set. Not that I don't enjoy being able to watch all of the episodes at my own pace, but I feel that if I'm going to shell out the money to own the series, I should own the COMPLETE series.

Little House Thanksgiving Special JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:27 pm

I agree, why cut out scenes for DVD? TV, you understand, there are the ever lengthening commercials, but on DVD you don't have that.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:03 pm

I agree
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 am

It's all on youtube, here's part one of twelve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9IFXYpmu4o
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:46 pm

jessicamarie wrote:
It's all on youtube, here's part one of twelve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9IFXYpmu4o

I want to see this episodes, or series of episodes I guess I could say since there's multiple parts, so I'm glad it's on youtube! I wonder if it ever will be released on dvd scared
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:14 pm

I watched every episode of little house on youtube!
Back to top Go down
Old Dan Tucker
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Old Dan Tucker

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:13 pm

The clip show was an overused device by networks back in the 70's and 80's. This one is stunningly long at 3 hours and offers little in the way of new info really. However, the last two minutes (spoiler alert) has Laura deciding to write down all of her family history for others to read in the future. So I suppose we're to believe that's when she devised the idea for the Little House books.

Old Daniel Tucker wuz a mighty man,
He washed his face in a fryin' pan;
Combed his head wid a wagon wheel
And he died wid de toofache in his heel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little House Thanksgiving Special   Little House Thanksgiving Special Empty

Back to top Go down

Little House Thanksgiving Special
Page 1 of 1