Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kara

Go down 
+4
Savannah
Rhonda
Teresa
Lori
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Kara   Kara EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:48 am

We just dropped Kara off for band camp a little while ago. Please pray for her this week. She is having a rough time adjusting. She has been going to pre-camp for the last week and a half, and she has had a rough time adjusting to the new band. The kids at this school do not seem to be friendly. Only one girl in the whole band has talked to her. The marching band style is different than she is used to so I'm sure she keeps comparing it to her old school which doesn't help. The squad leaders in her section will get in your face as if you are in military boot camp. That has been pretty upsetting to her. She was ready to quit last night. We called the band director last night. He seemed to know how the flute section was, but we aren't sure if he will do anything about it. Ultimately we decided that she should go since she really enjoyed marching band at her last school. I think she is really worried about spending 6 days with people who so far have not treated her very nicely. They weren't allowed to bring cell phones so she can't call home if things aren't going well. I hope we made the right decision to make her go. Please pray that she has a good attitude and makes some friends during camp.

Kara Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Kara Happy010

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:04 am

Kara will be in my prayers, Lori.

Kara TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Kara Purple2

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Awww, poor thing....it is so hard to do something new.....I am sure she will be fine and will make plenty of friends......Prayers are being said that she has a successful week.... pray

Kara Rhonda10Kara Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Kara Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:57 pm

It's hard for me to adjust to change, so I can totally sympathize with Kara. I'll be praying for her!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:12 pm

I'll keep her in my prayers. I hope she ends up having a good week!

Kara PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Kara Happy011

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:03 pm

I'll Be Praying for her

Kara Jacobk10Kara Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Kara Bokmal10

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Oh, that's rough. We'll definitely be praying for her.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:59 am

Thank you for the prayers. It's hard not being able to hear from her how things are going.

Kara Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Kara Princesrank
Savannah

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:42 pm

I can well imagine, Lori! I was thinking about Kara this morning, and praying for her. I hope that it turns out to be a wonderful experience for her and that she has the time of her life. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Kara Love-s10

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Lori, my son Nick is at band camp too this week...he left on Sunday and will be returning tomorrow and I can't WAIT to hear how it went. My older son is more 'go with the flow'; Nick gets nervous and really worked up about things. But he's lucky, he has his cousin in it, and has some friends from last year in middle school who are with him. I am so sorry Kara is having a tough time of it, and the girls aren't being friendly with her. That really stinks. I am hoping that maybe even one person will truly befriend her this week...sometimes that's really all it takes to get you through, is that one true friend, you know? Honestly, I think you did the right thing by insisting she go....both my boys would have prefered to do nothing in school (no sports or anything), and we said they had to pick something. Band was it, and my older son loves it. It's the kids that aren't involved that either find the trouble, or have more difficulty finding friends. As a parent you have to encourage their development throughout their school years. It's a shame that Kara's section leaders are so 'military style'...that's not right. I'll be anxious to hear how it went, and she will definitely be in my prayers.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Thank you, Amy.

Kara Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:41 am

Well, Kara made it back from band camp ok. She had a better time than she had anticipated. She said the first couple of days were rough due to the flute section. She thinks they were too tired towards the end to be so crabby. It also helped that one day the band assistant came by and told Kara that her marching looked good, and he told the girl who has been on Kara's case since day one that she needed to take even steps. They had 3 hrs. of sectionals a day. That was probably the worse part. They never got anything accomplished due to a few of them who argue all the time. There were tears, people storming out, etc. Way too much drama in Kara's opinion. The rest of the time went pretty well. She met some kids who are taking AP English 11 like she is. So she is definitely feeling better about band and school than she was last week. Thank you to those of you who prayed for her.

Kara Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Kara Princesrank
Savannah

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 2:12 pm

I'm so glad that she had a better time than she thought that she would! Thanks for the update, and I bet Kara's glad to be home. Camp Drama can get old after a while. Wink
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Kara Love-s10

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm glad Kara survived band camp and perhaps even made a couple of perspective friends. I hope she ends up fitting in within the school! Keep us posted, Lori.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 am

It sure does sound like a lot of drama. I'm glad to hear she had a better time than she thought she would though!

Kara PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kara   Kara Empty

Back to top Go down

Kara
Page 1 of 1