Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Patrick Swayze dies at 57

Go down 
+13
Debbie
Rhonda
Gin
I Love Dean
Misti
ChristinaAL
charles ingalls
carolineingalls
pamh36
Amy
Rob
Teresa
HarrisonCrosby4387
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Happy011

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Empty
PostSubject: Patrick Swayze   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:44 pm

According to the National Inquierer(which is a crap magazine) Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer and only has 5 weeks to live. I hope that is not true. Shame on anyone that would put a rumor out there about that. Time will only tell if it's the truth.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:01 pm

I looked up the story on-line, and the reports are not confirmed. He's only 55 years old. How sad if it ends up being true.

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:07 pm

That's what Michael Landon had, wasn't it? And at about the same age?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Yes, and I think that Katie Couric's husband had it too. It's one of the deadliest forms of cancer there is. The survival rate is very low.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:12 pm

I think Katie's husband had colon cancer. I remember Katie having a colonoscopy on the air to try to draw people's attention to it.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Yep, Katie's husband had colon cancer...I remember that too Rob. Oh my, I really hope this isn't true about Patrick! I'm kind of shocked to hear he's 55 though...I had no idea he was that old! (not that it's 'old', but you know what I mean).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:37 pm

Yes, you're right, Rob and Amy. Katie's husband had colon cancer. My mistake. And yes, Michael Landon was also 55 years old when he passed away.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:42 pm

I just looked up Entertainment Tonight and it confirmed that Patrick Swayze does have pancreatic cancer, but that he is responding well to treatment. They say that it's absolutely untrue that he only has a short time to live. They are optimistic about how things are going.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Oh, how awful. But that's GREAT to hear he's responding well! I had always heard as you did Teresa, that it's basically a death sentence. Maybe they've come a lot farther with treatments for it. Patrick is in really good shape too, so that may help. Then again, so was Michael. I hope he'll be ok.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Maybe they caught it early enough and he will be able to pull through. All I can think of is how much I liked him in Dirty Dancing!

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:11 pm

I had no idea! I do hope they caught it early enough for him. He is a very talented man.

Here's an article from ABC news. It states that on average after a diagnosis that most patients live for 3 - 6 months. And that only 5% of patients live beyond 5 years after diagnosis. I had no idea just how serious pancreatic cancer was.

Swayze Article

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Pbucket

PostSubject: Patrick Swayze   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 4:06 pm

It's just been revealed that actor Patrick Swayze of Dirty Dancing and Ghost fame has Pancreatic cancer, the same disease that took the life of our dear Michael Landon. Lets all hope and pray he gets the miracle he needs to overcome this horrible illness.

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi, Maureen!!
There was a thread started about Patrick Swayze yesterday in the TV, Movies, and Hollywood Gossip section below. I also hope that he is able to recover from this horrible disease.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 6:51 pm

AWWW, That is soo sad!
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 10:58 pm

and he's still working

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:58 am

Teresa wrote:
Hi, Maureen!!
There was a thread started about Patrick Swayze yesterday in the TV, Movies, and Hollywood Gossip section below. I also hope that he is able to recover from this horrible disease.

Oops! Sorry. I didn't see that. batEyes

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 10:31 am

with todays medicine

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 12:00 pm

I feel so bad for poor Patrick Swayze and his family. What a vicious, terrible disease! mad I was in a restaurant last night, and ET was on one of the TVs. It was about Patrick, and they showed the clips from ML's press conference when he announced that he had this disease too. I got a little teary-eyed seeing it. Prayers for Patrick and his family!

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 ChristinaKeeper2 Patrick Swayze dies at 57 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Aww bawling

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 4:10 pm

I recently learned that Patrick had a Little House connection.

Little House connection

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 4:42 pm

Oh wow.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Darn it, I can't get that link to work, Pam. What does it say, in a nutshell?

And good grief, I was in the grocery store this morning and made the mistake of glancing at the front page of a tabloid. I do belive it's the GLOBE. mad

It said something like, "Baby secret the actor will take to his grave." OMG. How can people be SO cruel??? Not only making up what's probably a lie about him having an illigitamate child or sth, but practically writing him off as dead!!! I remember the tabloids being insanely cruel to Michael Landon as well, and how frustrating that was. I mean, how about a little humanity????? No

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:29 pm

update he's responding to the treatment

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 3:08 pm

Makes you wonder how all those gossip magazine writers that write crap like that can sleep at night... mad

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 HummerPatrick Swayze dies at 57 MistiKeeperPatrick Swayze dies at 57 Bookclub5Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Misti wrote:
Makes you wonder how all those gossip magazine writers that write crap like that can sleep at night... mad

:yeahthat:

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 ChristinaKeeper2 Patrick Swayze dies at 57 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze dies at 57   Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Empty

Back to top Go down

Patrick Swayze dies at 57
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next