Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ingalls Girls

Go down 
+8
Honeybee
ChristinaAL
HarrisonCrosby4387
pamh36
LIWnut
Amy
Gin
Rhonda
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Purple2

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:31 pm

While in Missouri this past weekend, I went to a Fall Festival, and before it started, there was a parade. In this parade, a horse drawn wagon came by, with Pa Ingalls driving, Ma was turned around reading a book to 4 little girls in the wagon. I took a pic of three of them, the fourth was blocked by Ma and I couldn't get her. Actually, I'm not sure if it was the Ingalls' family or not, but it sure looked like it could be, since they didn't have any boys with them.....just 4 girls.....I think this is Mary, Laura and either Carrie or Grace. Since I did not see the 4th girl real well, not sure what order she would fall in.......

The Ingalls Girls Fair_g10

The Ingalls Girls Fair_g11

The Ingalls Girls Rhonda10The Ingalls Girls Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Love-s10

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Nice nailpolish Mary! Lol Looks like it could be the Ingalls girls to me.

The Ingalls Girls Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:13 am

Very sweet! That little one is a cutie...love her messy hair! Wink Looks like you had perfect weather for a parade that day! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Purple2

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Below is a funeral home's horse and hearse. Makes you wonder if any of the Ingalls' were carried away in one of these...... The Ingalls Girls Eusa_thi

The Ingalls Girls Fair_g17

The Ingalls Girls Fair_g16

The Ingalls Girls Rhonda10The Ingalls Girls Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 9:58 am

I guess caskets weren't that long then. It doesn't look like it would hold one.

The Ingalls Girls Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Cloud910

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:21 pm

When I was in DeSmet last month and visited the cemetary, I was surprized to notice how far it was from town. When Charles Ingalls died, his funeral was in his home on Thrid Street. From there he was carried to the place where he now lies. I wonder just how long it took for him to get from one to the other?

The Ingalls Girls MarilynKeeper The Ingalls Girls Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:33 am

That sure would have been a parade to see. Thanks for sharing the pictures, Rhonda.

The Ingalls Girls PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Happy011

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:39 pm

Aww, those were really cool!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:58 pm

It must be really cool to see a parade like that. Very sweet little girls in the pictures, Rhonda - thank you for sharing! Thumbsup

The Ingalls Girls ChristinaKeeper2 The Ingalls Girls 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Bokmal10

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Those girls do look like Ingalls girls. Their adorable. I love the hearse carriage. Their coffin was lot smaller, than ours today.

Looks like, something like this:

The Ingalls Girls Coffin

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Pbucket

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:18 pm

yuk. I don't like talking about coffins

yeah. they do look like Ingalls girls

Leaves The Ingalls Girls RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Headac10

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:57 pm

very nice pics

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Happy010

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Rhonda wrote:
While in Missouri this past weekend, I went to a Fall Festival, and before it started, there was a parade. In this parade, a horse drawn wagon came by, with Pa Ingalls driving, Ma was turned around reading a book to 4 little girls in the wagon. I took a pic of three of them, the fourth was blocked by Ma and I couldn't get her. Actually, I'm not sure if it was the Ingalls' family or not, but it sure looked like it could be, since they didn't have any boys with them.....just 4 girls.....I think this is Mary, Laura and either Carrie or Grace. Since I did not see the 4th girl real well, not sure what order she would fall in.......

The Ingalls Girls Fair_g10

The Ingalls Girls Fair_g11

Looks good; yeah I would say they are.

Gin wrote:
Nice nailpolish Mary! Lol

laugh3

The Ingalls Girls Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : The Ingalls Girls Bokmal10

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Yes; those could be the Ingalls girls, and the little one, maybe Grace.

Here in Argentina it's quite the oposite. Caskets were much bigger back then. Nowadays they are quite narrow and short.

Vanesa.

The Ingalls Girls Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ingalls Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ingalls Girls   The Ingalls Girls Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ingalls Girls
Page 1 of 1