Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Creeper of Walnut Grove

Go down 
+9
littlehouselover
Lori
Shell
Krissy
Vanesa
Docfan
jes9
Carol
bethandmanly
13 posters
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : The Creeper of Walnut Grove Bokmal10

The Creeper of Walnut Grove Empty
PostSubject: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 am

I was watching this episode tonight so that I could write up my episode review for Prairie Talk, and some things really struck me as off.

This is the one where Laura and Andrew set up a detective agency in the hopes of catching the creeper who has been stealing from people in Walnut Grove. It's also the one where Charles's hair gets turned green. The creeper ends up being Timothy Farrell, who was stealing so that he could help his father get well after a heart attack.

We discover that Harriet has a sister named Victoria, yet, I don't think she is ever spoken of again. Then Laura and Andy meet up with Willie and Nellie at the Feed and Seed, which mysteriously now belongs to a Mr. Tyler? This sets up the scene where Harriet follows her kids to the Feed and Seed and all four children pounce on her until an angry Nels pulls them off. But it is night time when this happens. Why would Laura and Andrew be in town at night? And why would Charles and Jonathan have let them go out at night in the first place? I mean, it's really late. Nels was already asleep and Harriet was putting on her mask. Even if Charles and Jonathan gave permission for the kids to stay in town for a bit, they would have expected them home before bedtime.

Instead of being angry with Laura, Caroline is barely able to contain her laughter when an angry Nels brings Laura home and Charles confronts her for her behavior. Wouldn't she at least have been upset that Laura attacked Harriet? Even Mary is struggling to maintain her composure while Charles rants, which is so unusual for her.

And don't even get me started on how the townsfolk is supposed to be helping out Mr. Farrell while Timothy is away at medical school and how Timothy is supposed to return after he graduates to help out Doc Baker.

Honestly, it's like with this episode, the writers totally lost their minds or something. It's funny, but just out there.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The Creeper of Walnut Grove Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:35 pm

That is soo true Cheryl! Laughing

But after the episode "The Godsister" was aired... nothing else shocked me laugh3

The Creeper of Walnut Grove Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Fair enough. A-l-y-s-s-s-s-s-s-a-a-a-a! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:35 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
A-l-y-s-s-s-s-s-s-a-a-a-a! Laughing

The Creeper of Walnut Grove Sourgrapes I got some giant grapes from Carrie... eeeeek! I bet them grapes made her have some crazy hallucinations! lol

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Oh, you know, I meant to mention too, Timothy Farrell looks a bit like I imagine a young Dean Butler might have looked. It was strange to pick up on that.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:48 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Oh, you know, I meant to mention too, Timothy Farrell looks a bit like I imagine a young Dean Butler might have looked. It was strange to pick up on that.

He kind of reminded me of Drew Barrymore when she was young... like he could be her brother or something lol

See what I mean greenS

The Creeper of Walnut Grove Timo

The Creeper of Walnut Grove Drew-barrymore-300x229

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Oh, yeah, definitely.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:54 am

Definitely one of the oddball episodes. I still enjoy it though.

The Creeper of Walnut Grove JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : The Creeper of Walnut Grove Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:47 pm

There are definitely some inconsistencies in this episode, for sure! I always crack up though when Charles goes into church with the green hair, and everyone, including Rev. Alden, starts laughing. I feel sorry for Charles, but it is so funny!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:53 pm

This kind of things happens. It was natural that reverend Alden laughed when saw Charles very serious and even a little angry with his green hair.

When Caroline ask him gently to take his hat off....it was truly hilarious! laugh3

Vanesa.

The Creeper of Walnut Grove Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:49 am

I think it was wrong how the boy did't get into trouble for the stealing the food. He did't have to say "Iam sorry" Or tell the olsens what he did and he would pay them back.Thought that was wrong. If it was one of the girls who stole something they get yelled at.....I know he did it for good reasons to help his dad.

anways good esp.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:05 am

I think they didn't scold the boy, for if they would do it, his father would have known and they needed to keep it in secret.

Vanesa.

The Creeper of Walnut Grove Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : The Creeper of Walnut Grove Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 pm

I enjoyed this esp.It was pretty good.

This one was a little funny. It ened nice the boy got to go to school/

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : The Creeper of Walnut Grove Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 3:21 pm

I'm laughing thinking about Charles' green hair. When he walked into the house with green paint dripping off his head laugh3

laugh3 I loved the part where the bucket of green paint dumped on Charles' haead and he ended up with green hair. Poor Rev.Alden tried so hard to contain his composure in church only to bust out laughing as he recited the 23rd psalm.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 am

I love that part.

The Creeper of Walnut Grove Lorike10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:02 pm

I watched this tonight...another person who was supposed to come back and didn't...but then they had a doctor that came to stay and was never shown again.
I suppose it's hard to be consistent with a long running show and actors that go on to other things, but it would have been nice to have him return and work for Doc Baker. : )

The hair scene was funny...you just know they had fun filming this.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:43 pm

another person who was supposed to come back and didn't...

Took place in season 4. Assuming that med school takes eight years, maybe not enough time to return?

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Yes Dave, that's true, if anything had a normal time line...babies were born in a day, maybe two..years flew by. The wonders of TV time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 11:36 am

I remember watching this episode a long time ago on a vhs we borrowed from my grandma, and I watched it again a few weeks ago. It is a good episode, sad that the boy thought he had to steal instead of asking for help, but it had a happy ending when the men of Walnut Grove did not tell the boy's father what he had been doing. I think that was the right thing for them to do, even though what the boy did was not the right thing for him to do.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 2:45 am

The church scene was funny. When Revend Alden saying Psalm 23. It was hysterical.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
jason88cubs
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:00 pm

funny littl eepisode
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Creeper of Walnut Grove   The Creeper of Walnut Grove Empty

Back to top Go down

The Creeper of Walnut Grove
Page 1 of 1