Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's official!!

Go down 
+11
Carol
carolineingalls
Lori
pamh36
Vanesa
bethandmanly
Teresa
Gin
Amy
Rob
Savannah
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : It's official!! - Page 2 Bokmal10

It's official!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:30 am

I must say the same. I didn't know them...They are AWESOME, Savannah! Congrats again! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

It's official!! - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
It's official!! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : It's official!! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 7:42 am

It's official!! - Page 2 410460 Thank you, Vanesa!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : It's official!! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Very cool Savannah! I love the profile pic you used too! Wink
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Thank you, Amy! I can't help but keep saying "I'm so excited about this!!" It's official!! - Page 2 135245 Just taking part in it is huge for me! And thank you - I really had a hard time deciding whether to use that picture or not. It's official!! - Page 2 410460
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 9:23 am

You have every right to be excited---this is huge!! Applause And yes, you chose wisely! I also love the one of your standing in front of the 'cafe' that you designed---this one is perfect too though! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:25 am

So can anyone who attends vote? We might be going this year, especially if Kara needs a cultural experience for AP English.

It's official!! - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:31 am

Yes, the voting is done completely by the public. Anyone sixteen and over who attends is able to vote. It's official!! - Page 2 70708 I like the idea of it being open to the public for voting, rather than a panel of specific judges.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 am

Congratulations again, Savannah. I'm so happy for you! I wish you the best of luck!

It's official!! - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Lori wrote:
So can anyone who attends vote? We might be going this year, especially if Kara needs a cultural experience for AP English.

I'm thinking about going too...maybe dragging all my guys along Whistle ....hey we can all use a little culture in our lives, right? Wink
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks again, everyone! Amy, it would be fabulous if you and your family could make it!

On Wednesday, I went over and put my painting in at the venue. The display isn't finished - but here's what it looked like when I left:

It's official!! - Page 2 Artpri10

Just 17 days to go! There are over 2,000 people who are entering works in ArtPrize.
It's official!! - Page 2 70708 I'm looking forward to seeing the other entries!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : It's official!! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:32 pm

Beautiful! The surrounding colors are very complementary. It's official!! - Page 2 70708
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 pm

I agree. The colors you've chosen are perfect!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 pm

It looks great, Savannah. You are truly an artist. Applause Applause

Vanesa.

It's official!! - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:36 am

Vanesa wrote:
It looks great, Savannah. You are truly an artist. Applause Applause

Vanesa.

Yes, you are!! yes Love it!! dancegirl
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:39 pm

It looks great, Savannah! Thumbsup How exciting for you!

It's official!! - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 It's official!! - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:32 am

*squeal* I know, I know...."You again??" It's official!! - Page 2 440956 But this is so exciting for me! My local newspaper's front page story today is about the people from my county who are participating in ArtPrize - and they featured a little bit about my painting in the article. It's the first time anything about any of my drawings has actually been in print!

ArtPrize article
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : It's official!! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:42 am

Ahh, I love how The Little Beachcomber jumps out at you when the page opens! Your fellow townspeople are in for a treat today. It's official!! - Page 2 185146
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:45 am

It's official!! - Page 2 410460 Thank you, Robbie! It's official!! - Page 2 688644

I stopped down this morning and bought copies to send to The Little Beachcomber's mom and aunt. It's official!! - Page 2 185146 I think they'd like to see their little fella in the newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:50 am

What a great article! And you were even quoted, Savannah! A star is born!!

It's official!! - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:31 am

Teresa wrote:
What a great article! And you were even quoted, Savannah! A star is born!!

stars bravo

How awesome that they featured YOUR artwork!! So cool! Congratulations Savannah!!!

(And wow, speaking of stars....did you see that you're entering with Willie Olson?! OhMy HeeHee )
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Thank you!! I keep saying "I'm so excited!!" but it's just so true!

Ha! Amy, I didn't see that Willie had entered, too.
It's official!! - Page 2 135245
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:39 pm

I didn't realize it was a front page story!!! That's even more exciting! I'm so happy for you! happydance

It's official!! - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:12 am

Well, I didn't make it into the top 10 in ArtPrize, but I had a *fabulous* time during the competition, and enjoyed every moment of it. (And I'm hoping to enter next year again!) Tonight they'll announce the winner - and here's my pick! I hope he wins!!

It's official!! - Page 2 Chris-laporte-1jpg-4471b2e1c91473df

It's twelve feet tall and thirty-five feet long.....and took (I believe) 100 pencils to do! I have no idea where he'd get paper of that size to do THAT big of a work! Anyway....That's my pick! I'll let you all know what takes first as soon as I know. (If "Salt and Earth" takes first place, I'm going to be so steamed! It's piles of dirt and salt. Seriously!)
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 am

I'm so glad you had a good time at ArtPrize. I had a friend that went to Frederik Meijer Gardens over the weekend and wanted to go to ArtPrize too, but didn't end up having the time. So, I took the opportunity to tell her about your entry. She has a sister who lives in the area. I guess they also had about 10 entries from ArtPrize displayed at Frederik Meijer Gardens.

That drawing is amazing. At first glimpse I thought it was a photo. I can't imagine the time and effort it took to do a drawing that large!! Let us know how it goes, and let's hope it's not Salt and Earth who is the winner. Sometimes you have to wonder how certain things like that make it and even end up being worth ridiculous amounts of money.

It's official!! - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 am

Wow, I could have sworn that was a photograph too! Remarkable! And LOL, let's HOPE the 'salt and earth' doesn't make it---are you saying it's actually in the top 10?!?! Yikes Guess I need to go check the site again to see who's in the finals.

I'm SO HAPPY to hear this was a great experience for you Savannah, and glad that you'll be entering next year! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's official!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next