Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's official!!

Go down 
+11
Carol
carolineingalls
Lori
pamh36
Vanesa
bethandmanly
Teresa
Gin
Amy
Rob
Savannah
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
It's official!! - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : It's official!! - Page 3 Happy010

It's official!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:26 am

Amy wrote:
And LOL, let's HOPE the 'salt and earth' doesn't make it---are you saying it's actually in the top 10?!?! It's official!! - Page 3 279394

Yes, indeedy! Salt and Earth is in the top 10. ( It's official!! - Page 3 988160 ) One of my friends told me that he thinks that the "artist" behind that work had a friend stand by it, and look intellectual, and say, "Oh, this is deep. Very deep...." etc. etc. so that the people around would feel like they *should* "get it", and would vote for it to feel more intellectual themselves. It's official!! - Page 3 85958 I can't quite bring myself to call the person an artist, because piles of sand and dirt just don't qualify in my estimation. And I swear that isn't sour grapes! It's official!! - Page 3 440956 I'm honestly super excited to see the Cavalry unit in there....I just don't think Salt & Earth deserves the position.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : It's official!! - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:36 am

Sorry to hear you didn't make the Top 10, Savannah. I'm glad you had a good time anyway. Here's to next year!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : It's official!! - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:16 am

SO sorry to hear you didn't make the top 10 BUT think how much you will grow in a years time. They better watch out for you next year!!!

It's official!! - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:38 am

Thank you, Cheryl and Gin! Gin, I'm looking forward to trying new things and working hard at learning more in the next year. It's official!! - Page 3 70708
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:00 pm

WOO-HOOOO!!!!

My favorite won!! My favorite won!!!! Chris LaPorte won for his Cavalry drawing!
It's official!! - Page 3 303544 It's official!! - Page 3 303544 It's official!! - Page 3 303544
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Awesome!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:08 pm

It came down to him and another artist....And the other artist exclusively does paintings and mosaics of herself. Nothing else. (She has a Svelata foundation based on 22 paintings of herself.) They're good - and they're beautiful....but I wanted someone a little more diverse. It's official!! - Page 3 135245 Besides, I LOVED Chris LaPorte's piece!

The third-place prize went to a display of red strings. Seriously.
It's official!! - Page 3 988160

It's official!! - Page 3 Lure11

Last edited by Savannah on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : It's official!! - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Great news! Congratulations to Chris. Real art lives!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:16 pm

It's official!! - Page 3 6472 I'm absolutely THRILLED.

Here's the piece that won second-place. Very lovely, too. I don't mind it coming in in the top three....The strings are a bit much - but I don't mind this piece at all:

It's official!! - Page 3 Svelata+Mosaic+Installed

A sheet of glass was placed over a large photo (in six panes) and tiny pieces of glass were filled in to make the mosaic. I think they said it took 2,700 hours to make.

Last edited by Savannah on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Savannah wrote:
WOO-HOOOO!!!!

My favorite won!! My favorite won!!!! Chris LaPorte won for his Cavalry drawing!
It's official!! - Page 3 303544 It's official!! - Page 3 303544 It's official!! - Page 3 303544

Yay! Glad to hear it. Smile

It's official!! - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 pm

SO awesome that your guy won Savannah! He totally deserved it. It's official!! - Page 3 70708

Savannah wrote:
It came down to him and another artist....And the other artist exclusively does paintings and mosaics of herself. Nothing else. (She has a Svelata foundation based on 22 paintings of herself.) They're good - and they're beautiful....but I wanted someone a little more diverse.

Um, I'm sorry, but isn't that just a wee bit narcissistic?? It's official!! - Page 3 988160 It's official!! - Page 3 279394 I'll admit it though, her mosaic is stunning. Wow.

Savannah wrote:

It's official!! - Page 3 Lure11

Rob wrote:
Great news! Congratulations to Chris. Real art lives!

Indeed!! CrAzY that those 'strings' came in third?! It's official!! - Page 3 68167
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm obviously too small-town to be able to see what people found so amazing about the strings. It's official!! - Page 3 135245

Here's a short video with Chris talking about Cavalry - and it shows the full-sized project.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : It's official!! - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Amazing to see it "live" like that! It's a great work. The thing is, your drawings are just as good, they're just on a smaller scale. It's official!! - Page 3 70708
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:35 pm

It's official!! - Page 3 184143 It's official!! - Page 3 184143 It's official!! - Page 3 184143

It's official!! - Page 3 18022 Those are very happy tears. Thank you, Rob - what a beautiful compliment! It's official!! - Page 3 410460
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:01 am

Congrats! You know how much I love your works, Savannah. Applause

As for the red strings...Oh, well. A similar thing won an art contest here in B.A, but the strings were green, not red. I don't think these could be called "art" at all...But I suppose there's people who likes them, after all. No

Vanesa.

It's official!! - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:27 am

I'm glad Chris LaPorte's won too. Wow, I don't know what people saw in the red strings. The Last Supper made out of dryer lint was better. I thought Pixel Pete's picture made out of Rubik's Cubes was better too. We didn't make it there this year, but the news showed quite a few of the pieces.

It's official!! - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:10 am

Lori wrote:
Wow, I don't know what people saw in the red strings. The Last Supper made out of dryer lint was better.

laugh3 I must have missed that one! Laughing

Love the video Savannah.....wow, that is one HUGE piece!! Unbelieveable!! Incredible to think what was inspired out of a simple picture from an antique store. OhMy
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:07 am

Savannah wrote:
I'm obviously too small-town to be able to see what people found so amazing about the strings. It's official!! - Page 3 135245

Here's a short video with Chris talking about Cavalry - and it shows the full-sized project.

It is stunning to see the portrait in the video, I can only imagine what it was like to see life-size, in person. Incredible.

Rob wrote:
Amazing to see it "live" like that! It's a great work. The thing is, your drawings are just as good, they're just on a smaller scale. It's official!! - Page 3 70708

I agree 100%. Savannah, you are so good at capturing facial expressions and all those important little details that really bring your drawings to life.

It's official!! - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:27 pm

It's official!! - Page 3 410460 Thank you so much, Pam! It's official!! - Page 3 6472
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official!!   It's official!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's official!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3