HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8654
Mood :

PostSubject: Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm

He will be undergoing radiation and chemotherapy

Michael Douglas' most basic instinct right now is staying healthy.

The Oscar winner has been diagnosed with a tumor in his throat and is seeking immediate treatment, his rep tells E! News.

According to publicist Allen Burry, Douglas will undergo eight weeks of radiation and chemotherapy.

No word whether the lump in his throat is benign or malignant, but doctors have given Douglas an excellent prognosis and expect he'll make a full recovery.

"I am optimistic," the 65-year-old actor said in a brief statement.

Douglas will next be seen onscreen reprising his role as disgraced moneyman Gordon Gekko in the anticipated sequel Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, due out Sept. 24.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13370
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic   Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:37 pm

So sorry to hear this! But I'm glad the prognosis is at least good. Gosh, the poor guy has had a tough year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7212
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:34 pm

That's too bad. I pray he'll be okay. I think I'm out of touch, Amy, because I had no idea he was going through a rough time. See what I get for not turning on the TV.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5918
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Is this the same cancer Julie Andrews had?? She did well.

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19930
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic   Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:00 pm

The article said they do not know if it is benign or malignant, so cancer hasn't been determined..... I pray it isn't cancer, but until the tet results are in....I am going to pray cancer is not in the picture...... pray

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19930
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic   Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:01 pm

The article said they do not know if it is benign or malignant, so cancer hasn't been determined..... I pray it isn't cancer, but until the tet results are in....I am going to pray cancer is not in the picture...... pray

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic   Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:48 pm

hope everything will be ok!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic   Today at 10:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Michael Douglas - throat cancer but optimistic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1