Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Autumn Foods to Fall For!

Go down 
+6
JW
Lori
MissOleson
LIWnut
Amy
Carol
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Happy010

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Empty
PostSubject: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:21 pm

The air is getting colder, and soon we will see pale, dry leaves covering up the gardens and roads – autumn will set in! It is time to eat our favorite Autumn foods and dishes!
Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Fallsmiley6b
Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Fallfoods-300x225

What are some of the things you enjoy eating during the Autumn Season... besides turkey lol Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Eatysmiley

I love potato soup on cool afternoons. Pumpkin pies, chicken noodle soup, chilli with cornbread. Mmm mmm! I'm getting hungry thinking about the delicious meals I will have this Autumn greenS

What are some of the things you guys like to eat during this time?

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Well, fall to me (and winter actually) is my 'dangerous' time, because I break out the oven and it's all about the comfort foods. We just had pot roast last week, and last night was scalloped potatoes and ham. I also make a pork and apple pie (stew)....SO yummy and I crave that smell in my kitchen every season. Thumbsup

Of course, I love a good glass of apple cider and donuts too....and I LOVE carmeled apples! I don't care if they get stuck in my teeth! Yikes They're worth it. Thumbsup

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Carame10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:47 pm

The coffee shop that I work in sells Pumpkin Spice tea during the month of October. Last year I bought about 10 boxes of it to last me through the year. This week we got our shipment in and I am all ready to enjoy my tea again. My stockpile lasted just long enough to get me to the new shipment.

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  MarilynKeeper Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Amy wrote:
I LOVE carmeled apples! I don't care if they get stuck in my teeth! Yikes They're worth it. Thumbsup

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Carame10
Aren't they, though? greenS

Speaking of the "junkier" side of Fall foods, I just wait for this time of the year so that I can get myself these:
Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Autmnmix
I love Candy Corn, and what is even better than that are those pumpkins that are in the picture with it! I LOVE THOSE!! And McDonald's will have their Pumpkin Milkshakes. Those are great. So is Pumpkin-flavored ice cream (I forget who makes it), but the milkshakes are better.

One thing I love about the fall is that different companies (i.e. Little Debbie Smile ) will bring out their pumpkin-themed foods. So delicious!

Nothing is better than apples, though. I love pretty much anything apple. Apple Pie, Apple Cake, Apple Cider, et.c. I just think food that contains apples is incredible. greenS Of course, anything "spice" - like a good spice cake - is fantastic, too. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:21 pm

MissOleson wrote:
And McDonald's will have their Pumpkin Milkshakes. Those are great. So is Pumpkin-flavored ice cream (I forget who makes it), but the milkshakes are better.

They DO?! Wow, I can't even imagine that! I might have to try one just to see! Wink
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:12 pm

I love pretty much anything pumpkin. Last year I made a lot of apple dishes. I have a lot of apple butter and need some ways to use it up. Anybody have any recipes using apple butter? Taste of Home doesn't have very many recipes, and I tried several of those last year and wasn't that impressed. I did find a pumpkin and apple butter pie recipe I'm going to try. I'd love to use it in cookies or coffee/snack cake if anyone has a recipe.

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Lorike10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:15 pm

I Discoverd Pumkin Pie Last year it was Wonderful My sister-Inlaw brought me a Homemade Pumkin pie (Cause i gaved her couple of Pumkins) maybe i will get a hold of pumkin pie again this year

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Jacobk10Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm with you on the chicken noodle soup (I'm making that this week) and chili, Alex. Also, beef stew is another favorite.

I'm hoping to get to the cider mill to get some fresh cider and doughnuts. It just doesn't seem like fall without a trip to the cider mill.

I'm also in the mood for some fresh-baked apple pie.

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Pam, our church ladies got together yesterday and made approx 75 apple pies. Some were ordered but the rest were divided between the 10 of us workers. We paid $2 per pie. We also made applesauce and sold it for $1 per ziplock bag.
We didn't stop for lunch really but we did put one of the pies in the oven and we all had a taste. It was mmmm mmmmm good!

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:27 pm

Oh great, Marilyn, now I really want apple pie!! Laughing Wow, $2 a pie. You can't beat that. The homemade applesauce sounds good too. I haven't made that in forever.

I found out today that I am going to the apple orchard. I just got word that I have a job today with a preschool program that is run through our city's parks and rec and the preschool class is going on their first field trip to the apple orchard!! Yay! I can't wait!!!!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:12 pm

Wow... bad idea to read this thread when my stomach is grumbling! Laughing

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:09 am

LIWnut wrote:
Pam, our church ladies got together yesterday and made approx 75 apple pies. Some were ordered but the rest were divided between the 10 of us workers. We paid $2 per pie. We also made applesauce and sold it for $1 per ziplock bag.
We didn't stop for lunch really but we did put one of the pies in the oven and we all had a taste. It was mmmm mmmmm good!

thud 75?!?! WOW. And like Pam said---$2.00 is a DEAL!! Look what you pay for pies in stores now-a-days! OhMy
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Amy wrote:
MissOleson wrote:
And McDonald's will have their Pumpkin Milkshakes. Those are great. So is Pumpkin-flavored ice cream (I forget who makes it), but the milkshakes are better.

They DO?! Wow, I can't even imagine that! I might have to try one just to see! Wink
Yes!! They are SO good!!! I thought they would be selling them by now, but they seem to be stuck on the Orange ones. They start the Egg Nog and Shamrock ones earlier now. I just figured they would start the Pumpkin shakes earlier, too. I hope they sold well enough because I will be really disappointed if they don't have them this year. Blue

I just remembered that another thing that comes out this time of the year is Jello Pumpkin Pudding. That is very good, too. I added that into a spice cake mix for Thanksgiving last year and it was great. Maybe more spice than some people would like, but I enjoyed it.

Another thing that I absolutely love are Popcorn Balls. Talk about sticking in your teeth!! But they are too terrific to refuse! greenS

Some other candy that I have tried (not too sure if they are still making them - I haven't seen it anywhere yet), that come out in the fall, are two types of Hershey Kisses. The one is a Candy Corn flavor, and the other is Pumpkin Spice. They are pretty good, too.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:21 pm

[quote="MissOleson"]
Amy wrote:
MissOleson wrote:

Yes!! They are SO good!!! I thought they would be selling them by now, but they seem to be stuck on the Orange ones. They start the Egg Nog and Shamrock ones earlier now. I just figured they would start the Pumpkin shakes earlier, too. I hope they sold well enough because I will be really disappointed if they don't have them this year. Blue
[quote]

Ididn't know they made those either! I'll keep a lookout for them here too Smile

I love fall/winter foods! Soup (tomato/vegetable is my fave! Especially the tomato from Panera Bread), apple cider, apple cider doughnuts, pumpkin muffins/bread/cookies (although I'm not much for pumpkin pie for some reason LOL), apple pie, pot roast...yummy!

I've been loving Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice coffee since I've tried it a few weeks ago, I think it's fairly new. I get it iced, it's awesome! Thumbsup

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  ChristinaKeeper2 Autumn Foods to Fall For!  10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:04 pm

MissOleson wrote:
Another thing that I absolutely love are Popcorn Balls. Talk about sticking in your teeth!! But they are too terrific to refuse! greenS

Some other candy that I have tried (not too sure if they are still making them - I haven't seen it anywhere yet), that come out in the fall, are two types of Hershey Kisses. The one is a Candy Corn flavor, and the other is Pumpkin Spice. They are pretty good, too.

Mmmm, popcorn balls. But, only the homemade---I'm kinda particular that way. Wink I'll be on the look-out for those kisses! Thumbsup

ChristinaAL wrote:
I've been loving Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice coffee since I've tried it a few weeks ago, I think it's fairly new. I get it iced, it's awesome! Thumbsup [/b][/color]

Oh wow, I'll bet that's yummy....I'm going to try that Christina! Love flavored coffee.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:21 am

I've never had the pumpkin spice kisses, but the candy corn kisses are good. I saw caramel apple kisses at Target. I'd like to try them all.

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Lorike10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 am

drinking hot chocolate lol..apple pies
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Party010

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 6:17 am

sweetheart wrote:
Short, sweet, to the point..and good choices. In fact it's time for me to break out the Swiss Miss.

MissOleson had another fave with candy corn. mmmmm

Lots of good choices, but my favorites? Pumpkin pie (easy if you make it out of the can mix. Just follow directions.), the chicken and noodle soup, and SWEET TATER PIE!"

I gotta good chicken noodle recipe that's good and easy if anybody wants it.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:11 am

flatbroke wrote:
sweetheart wrote:
Short, sweet, to the point..and good choices. In fact it's time for me to break out the Swiss Miss.

MissOleson had another fave with candy corn. mmmmm

Lots of good choices, but my favorites? Pumpkin pie (easy if you make it out of the can mix. Just follow directions.), the chicken and noodle soup, and SWEET TATER PIE!"

I gotta good chicken noodle recipe that's good and easy if anybody wants it.

How could I have forgotten sweet potato pie! That is definitely a favorite of mine. We usually have it at Thanksgiving, but I don't know if I can wait that long.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanksgiving is next Monday for us north of the border. Can't wait!!!

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:44 pm

LIWnut wrote:

Lucky!! I'm driving to Canada for the day then. greenS

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Amy wrote:
Mmmm, popcorn balls. But, only the homemade---I'm kinda particular that way. Wink I'll be on the look-out for those kisses! Thumbsup
I've never had homemade popcorn balls. I generally get mine from a place here called Buddy Squirrel. They are just too good!

Lori wrote:
I've never had the pumpkin spice kisses, but the candy corn kisses are good. I saw caramel apple kisses at Target. I'd like to try them all.
I never saw the caramel apple ones. I bet they are pretty good. I will have to look out for those now.

LIWnut wrote:
Wow! Already?!? This year is really going by fast!
Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:29 am

These are a couple of my favorite fall recipes!

Butternut Squash Pear Soup

Moroccan-Style Stuffed Acorn Squash

Autumn Foods to Fall For!  SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"

Last edited by Samantha on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:37 am

Both of those sound delicious, Samantha. Thank you for including the recipes.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 am

They sure do! Thumbsup

That moroccan stuffed squash doesn't sound too difficult either....I may give that a try. I discovered couscous not too long ago and would like to try more dishes with it.

My absolute favorite fall dish is "pork and apple pie", which I had at the "Eagle Tavern" in Greenfield Village, and have tried to 'replicate'. But lo and behold, I have found their exact recipe online from their own site! Trust me, this is to die for. Thumbsup

http://blog.thehenryford.org/2009/12/28/pork-and-apple-pie/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autumn Foods to Fall For!    Autumn Foods to Fall For!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Autumn Foods to Fall For!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next