Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heidi, Girl of the Alps!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Heidi, Girl of the Alps! Happy010

Heidi, Girl of the Alps! Empty
PostSubject: Heidi, Girl of the Alps!   Heidi, Girl of the Alps! EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:38 pm

I have found Heidi!!!! Love Bliss

Heidi, Girl of the Alps! Heidi_DVD_1

Heidi is a series that started in 1974 and it became popular around the world but for some reason, not here in the US of A. It is a crime that the Americans are the only ones that have not seen this wonderful children series.
I've always searched for the DVDs but could never find them and the ones that had them in a certain language cost around $350 to $400! Geez! lol

Well.... last Sunday, I went to this Latino Market to buy some corn tamales and lo and behold... my eyes did a double take when I saw a Heidi DVD hanging on the movie rack! So... I hurried on over to the movie rack and on the way tripped over a box of bananas and went flying across the floor... *shakes shoulders and laughs* "Classic Peg!" Laughing

I'm just kidding, that didn't happen... grinsmiley
I DID see the movie and I grabbed it! It was volume 2 but I just ordered volume 1 & 3 from Amazon. It is a Hispanic Import so it's in Spanish. These series define my childhood in El Salvador! lol
I had my own small dinner table and every afternoon when Heidi came on, I'd position the table and chair in front of the TV, my mom or cousin would prepare me a small soup or sandwich or snack to eat while I sat wide eyed, staring at Heidi. It was the highlight of the day at times lol greenS
Now I relive those moments by watching the entire 52 episodes series again! stars

The series never made it to the US but there was a movie made and you can watch it on Youtube! Although because the series was 52 episodes and the movie is 90 minutes, you miss quite a lot and seems very fast paced.
I like seeing in Spanish a lot better as they are the voices of remember. Heidi sounds more younger in Spanish and the conversations feel more heartfelt or romantic or full of flavor in Spanish... English sounds too fast at times for some reason lol. Below is part 1 of the English dub movie and part 1 of the Spanish version I watched which was the Castilian dialect from Spain.